What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

Jazz can have 30+ million in cap after signing Gobert and Mitchell in 2021 if they get Conley. Calm your *** down

That's why I said 2019 (this summer) and 2020 (next summer). I never said anything about 2021.

I hate the idea of putting all our cap space AND at least 1 1st rounder into a guy who clearly doesn't take us to the next level. Subtracting Rubio (renouncing) and Favors (renouncing) for Conley is pretty aggressive already. Throwing in draft picks is where I'm just a firm no.

Jazz's workout on Tues. with Paschall and Terence Davis might have Lu Dort in it as well. Jazz are planning another workout on Thursday that includes a dude named Frankie Ferrari from Univ. of San Francisco. Wonder if he might have mob connections...

Talen Horton-Tucker did a workout this week with OKC that included Daniel Gafford and Jalen McDaniels. That's the first private workout I've heard THT has done.

Bruno Fernando has been working out for several mid 1st-rd teams. He might help push someone down to our neighborhood.

Yes, adding a top 10 PG is about staying in the middle vs keeping the 23rd pick which has about a 1% chance of ever being as good (and that's as eventually, not right away) Mike Conley.

You got to stop with acting like anyone who thinks your ideas are dumb are people who just want to "be in the middle", especially when your ideas involve the Jazz getting not good players or late 1st rounders

Top 10? He's better than these guys for our Utah Jazz?

Westbrook
Steph
Doncic
Paul
Lillard
Kyrie
Kemba
Jrue
Simmons
Trae
Fox
There are also arguments to be had for Lowry, Russell, Dragic, and Murray.

I would rather pick up a top 15-25 type PG, keep our pick and have money left to spend than pay Conley $70 million the next two years to be a top 11-15 type PG.

Westbrook
Steph
Doncic
Paul
Lillard
Kyrie
Kemba
Jrue
Simmons
Trae
Fox

I would rather pick up a top 15-25 type PG, keep our pick and have money left to spend than pay Conley $70 million the next two years to be a top 11-15 type PG.

Conley is comparable to Kemba. He's not as quick off the dribble, but he's a better floor general and a better defender.

Conley is comparable to Kemba. He's not as quick off the dribble, but he's a better floor general and a better defender.

Kemba is a better scorer, is younger and isn't injury prone. I understand that Conley is a really solid player. I'm actually a fan of him, but he will be close to 32 when the season begins, he has been injury prone and his salary numbers are laughable.

Imagine thinking Ben Simmons is a better fit than Conley for the Jazz.

If we had Simmons, our lineup would be:

PG Simmons - he would guard opposing PF's
SG Donovan - able to shoot the 3
SF Ingles - able to shoot the 3
PF O'Neale - able to shoot the 3, guard SF
C Gobert

Our shooting would be similar to last year. Instead of 2 shooters (Donovan and Ingles), 1 average shooter (Rubio) and 2 non-shooters (Favors and Gobert), we would go with 3 shooters (Donovan, Ingles and Royce) with 2 athletic freak type guys (Gobert and Simmons). It wouldn't be perfect, but it wouldn't fail. Our "pass while moving offense" with Simmons cutting with lob option Gobert would be amazing.

It's a pipe dream, but it could be imagined.

Kemba is a better scorer, is younger and isn't injury prone. I understand that Conley is a really solid player. I'm actually a fan of him, but he will be close to 32 when the season begins, he has been injury prone and his salary numbers are laughable.
Lowery 33 right now and he's the 3rd best player on a finals team. I bet they are pissed they don't have a young PG who isn't as good and a late first instead.

Westbrook
Steph
Doncic
Paul
Lillard
Kyrie
Kemba
Jrue
Simmons
Trae
Fox

Trae Young? Dude couldn’t guard my dead grandmother?

Paul is clearly declining and it would make no sense to get him.

Westbrook is all hype and does virtually nothing to truly make his team better.

Dragic is ****ing lol’able.

Russell is inefficient as ****.

And Lowry is old and disappears in the playoffs.

He’s top 10.

Westbrook
Steph
Doncic
Paul
Lillard
Kyrie
Kemba
Jrue
Simmons
Trae
Fox

Doncic isn't a PG...

Fox and Young aren't better than Conley. None of the dudes in the arguable section have an argument other than Lowery

Doncic isn't a PG...

Fox and Young aren't better than Conley. None of the dudes in the arguable section have an argument other than Lowery

You argue these things like we are picking a player for a one game winner takes all season. You're right, I probably would take Conley over a few of those guys.

However, I like to pick my players for the present and future also with regards to their contract. Outside of Chris Paul, I take every single guy on my 10 person list AND all 4 argument guys over 32 year old, injury prone, $70 million over 2 years Mike Conley.

I don't want to give up 2 years of cap room, a 1st rounder or two, and maybe even Exum or Crowder for a guy who doesn't guarantee to make us that much better. Moving for Conley is a scared move. It's a "we can't do any better so we are going to throw a ton of assets for a guy who might make us marginally better" move.

How on Earth is trading for a good player and competing a scared move?

You can make your argument for not getting Conley, but saying **** like that just invalidates what you say.

How on Earth is trading for a good player and competing a scared move?

You can make your argument for not getting Conley, but saying **** like that just invalidates what you say.

It's scared because it seems like we'll do it if we can't attract a big fish. Because we are trying to improve the team with the hopes that one guy is going to make all the difference even though that one guy costs us Rubio, Favors, at least one first rounder and probably Exum or Crowder too.

We shouldn't sacrifice so much for a guy who rarely plays over 70 games, is on the wrong side of prime, and is paid superstar money.

I can't believe we are debating trading major assets for guy whose agent made it very clear his client didn't want to go to Utah. Some people are saying that Houston is stuck with Chris Paul because his contract but we are talking about trading quality assets for a guy who is only 2 years younger and set to make close the same amount the next two years.

However, I like to pick my players for the present and future also with regards to their contract. Outside of Chris Paul, I take every single guy on my 10 person list AND all 4 argument guys over 32 year old, injury prone, $70 million over 2 years Mike Conley.

That’s great and all but considering we legit have a chance at one of these dudes once only every 10-20 years, we can’t really get all girly about **** and need to balls up and get Conley if we can, with the stipulation of course, that we can’t get someone better and younger first, ala Kemba or Harris.

It's scared because it seems like we'll do it if we can't attract a big fish. Because we are trying to improve the team with the hopes that one guy is going to make all the difference even though that one guy costs us Rubio, Favors, at least one first rounder and probably Exum or Crowder too.

We shouldn't sacrifice so much for a guy who rarely plays over 70 games, is on the wrong side of prime, and is paid superstar money.

I can't believe we are debating trading major assets for guy whose agent made it very clear his client didn't want to go to Utah. Some people are saying that Houston is stuck with Chris Paul because his contract but we are talking about trading quality assets for a guy who is only 2 years younger and set to make close the same amount the next two years.
A late first is not a major asset.

If your cap space can't get you a max free agent, it also isn't a major asset.

The Jazz tried to do the max FA thing. Acting like they are scared is stupid. They took the risk. At some point you have to push the chips in otherwise that is being scared.

And wtf do you mean cost us Rubio? You spent the entire season ******** on him. Now you want to clutch your pearls over losing him to get Conley?

That’s great and all but considering we legit have a chance at one of these dudes once only every 10-20 years, we can’t really get all girly about **** and need to balls up and get Conley if we can, with the stipulation of course, that we can’t get someone better and younger first, ala Kemba or Harris.
The time to get Conley was the deadline. We didn't make it happen so it's time to move on.

Conley isn't going to make us that much better than Rubio and Favors. We had the shot, we blew it, move on.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

A late first is not a major asset.
A 1st, maybe another 1st, $34 million in salary and probably Exum or Crowder. Those are major assets whether collectively or by themselves.

I hesitate giving Kemba max money yet you guys are willing to give Conley max money AND assets to get him. So, so desperate.

A 1st, maybe another 1st, $34 million in salary and probably Exum or Crowder. Those are major assets whether collectively or by themselves.

I hesitate giving Kemba max money yet you guys are willing to give Conley max money AND assets to get him. So, so desperate.

It's almost like we actually like watching good basketball and don't want a bunch of mid priced scrubs

Trading for Conley is not acting scared. It's showing that they are willing to take a gamble to improve. Running it back or signing players of similar talent is what acting scared looks like.

Conley only has 2 damn years left on his deal. I'm not positive he gets us a ring. I doubt that he does. But he definitely gets us to the next level where we have more of a punchers chance if things fall into place. And if things don't work out we can easily pivot to other options. Whether it be in trade or in free agency when his contract expires and before we have to pay Donovan and Rudy big bucks. It would be a good move.

If you're waiting for an ideal move where we sign or trade for a 20-25 year old superstar on a rookie contract you're probably going to be waiting forever.