What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

The point is that a high level PG can help you win it all, no matter the age.

You said this Cy. Nobody else.

Name an old PG who was added and led his team to a title. Seriously, I don't know of any title winner who added a 32+ PG relied on as the team's 2nd best offensive player and that team wins the title.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

You said this Cy. Nobody else.

Name an old PG who was added and led his team to a title. Seriously, I don't know of any title winner who added a 32+ PG relied on as the team's 2nd best offensive player and that team wins the title.

Again, you are putting nonsensical parameters on something to make the argument go in your favor.

lets play a game of either or (choose one or the other and tell us why)

Darius Garland...vs…Coby White

Jarrett Culver...vs…Cameron Reddish

Nickeil Alexander-Walker...vs…Kevin Porter

Bruno Fernando...vs…Goga Bitadze

Sekou Doumbouya...vs…Rui Hachimura

Jaxson Hayes...vs…Bol Bol

Romeo Langford...vs…Keldon Johnson

KZ Okpala...vs…Nassir Little

Tyler Herro...vs…Talen Horton-Tuc...

PJ Washington...vs…Brandon Clarke

Naz Reid...vs…Daniel Gafford

Luka Samanic...vs…Nicolas Claxton

Dylan Windler...vs…Cameron Johnson

Matisse Thybulle...vs…Louis King

Carsen Edwards...vs…Ty Jerome

Eric Paschall...vs…Grant Williams

Darius Bazley...vs…Chuma Okeke

Tacko Fall...vs…Moses Brown

Luguentz Dort...vs…Jalen Lecque

Admiral Schofield...vs…Brian Bowen

Ignas Brazdeikis...vs…Kris Wilkes

Okay. Name a team who won a title with a 32+ year old PG as their 2nd best offensive player.

I never said the Jazz would definitely win the title with Conley. I said a high level PG can help you win it all.

If Kyle Lowry and the Raptors win it all this year does that automatically make Conley better? No, of course not.

Darius Garland...vs…Coby White

Jarrett Culver...vs…Cameron Reddish

Nickeil Alexander-Walker...vs…Kevin Porter

Bruno Fernando...vs…Goga Bitadze

Sekou Doumbouya...vs…Rui Hachimura

Jaxson Hayes...vs…Bol Bol

Romeo Langford...vs…Keldon Johnson

KZ Okpala...vs…Nassir Little

Tyler Herro...vs…Talen Horton-Tuc...

PJ Washington...vs…Brandon Clarke

Naz Reid...vs…Daniel Gafford

Luka Samanic...vs…Nicolas Claxton

Dylan Windler...vs…Cameron Johnson

Matisse Thybulle...vs…Louis King

Carsen Edwards...vs…Ty Jerome

Eric Paschall
...vs…Grant Williams

Darius Bazley...vs…Chuma Okeke

Tacko Fall...vs…Moses Brown

Luguentz Dort...vs…Jalen Lecque

Admiral Schofield...vs…Brian Bowen

Ignas Brazdeikis...vs…Kris Wilkes

All fairly easy besides the Little/Okpala and Edwards/Jerome ones.

Last edited:
We are leveraging a bunch of assets to get Conley. It definitely matters how effective players are at 32+.

Look at Conley vs Fox in these highlights.... I watched these games live and couldnt help but ask myself "has conley lost a step?" Fox is obviously top of the food chain in the quickness dept, but still...

Conley used to be the top lefty PG in the league... He's not anymore..

I never said the Jazz would definitely win the title with Conley. I said a high level PG can help you win it all.

If Kyle Lowry and the Raptors win it all this year does that automatically make Conley better? No, of course not.
C'mon Cy, don't play stupid. You were implying a PG like Conley could give us a better chance to win a title.

Of course a high level PG helps you win it all. So does hitting most of your shots.

32 year old PGs don't succeed as 2nd best scoring options. Conley by himself is terrible. Conley plus another quality starter has a chance. It's so hard to see a scenario where we add Conley AND add another quality player.

Darius Garland...vs…Coby White - Garland I think he can be special

Jarrett Culver...vs…Cameron Reddish - culver because I think he has more if the "IT" then reddish

Nickeil Alexander-Walker...vs…Kevin Porter - NAW i am just a huge fan

Bruno Fernando...vs…Goga Bitadze - Bitadze is going to have a long career in the NBA

Sekou Doumbouya...vs…Rui Hachimura - Easy here Doumbouya because he has tremendous upside

Jaxson Hayes...vs…Bol Bol - Hayes will be good but if Bol bol stays healthy he will have the better career

Romeo Langford...vs…Keldon Johnson - I do not like Langford at all so Johnson

KZ Okpala...vs…Nassir Little - Little has more potential at this point

Tyler Herro...vs…Talen Horton-Tucker - To be honest i dont like either but everyone needs shooting

PJ Washington...vs…Brandon Clarke- This one is tough for me but I have clark by just the slimmest or margins

Naz Reid...vs…Daniel Gafford - somehting about reid bothers me

Luka Samanic...vs…Nicolas Claxton - Easy I am a samanic fan

Dylan Windler...vs…Cameron Johnson - This is another tough one for me but i am taking johnson just a gut feeling

Matisse Thybulle...vs…Louis King - I dont particularly like either but King has the better offensive potential

Carsen Edwards...vs…Ty Jerome - Again a big Jerome fan

Eric Paschall...vs…Grant Williams - I like pascall a lot more then williams

Darius Bazley...vs…Chuma Okeke - tough one fore me as i like both but Bazely has the better upside

Tacko Fall...vs…Moses Brown - who doesnt love tackos

Luguentz Dort...vs…Jalen Lecque - Lecque because he seems like a bigger swing for the fences pick

Admiral Schofield...vs…Brian Bowen - I am liking the potential of Bowen over the readiness of Schofield but this one could bite me later

Ignas Brazdeikis...vs…Kris Wilkes - Like i said everyone needs scoring

Who are we acquiring that is better than Conley @LoPo ? Maybe Kemba and maybe Tobias. That's it. And that is IF we can convince them to come here. If you miss on those three how do we get better by running it back and holding on to all of these "assets" forever? Gobert wants to win and can walk in a few years. Is holding our current course a good look to him?

Who are we acquiring that is better than Conley @LoPo ? Maybe Kemba and maybe Tobias. That's it. And that is IF we can convince them to come here. If you miss on those three how do we get better by running it back and holding on to all of these "assets" forever? Gobert wants to win and can walk in a few years. Is holding our current course a good look to him?
You might be right - Conley might be the best player we can acquire this summer depending on how things shake out. But my argument is this:

Conley costs Favors, a 1st, another asset and all cap flexibility this summer and next. He has zero upward potential and a 2 or 3 year shelf life of legitimate quality play.

A mid tier free agent (Lamb, Rozier, Randle, Bogdanovic, whatever) plus Favors plus #23 has more potential. There is room for growth there.

Our future is Donovan Mitchell. Making a move to get us a little further in the 2nd round which costs us long term pieces next to Donovan is stupid. If Rudy doesn't like it, trade Rudy. Donovan is our franchise.

You might be right - Conley might be the best player we can acquire this summer depending on how things shake out. But my argument is this:

Conley costs Favors, a 1st, another asset and all cap flexibility this summer and next. He has zero upward potential and a 2 or 3 year shelf life of legitimate quality play.

A mid tier free agent (Lamb, Rozier, Randle, Bogdanovic, whatever) plus Favors plus #23 has more potential. There is room for growth there.

Our future is Donovan Mitchell. Making a move to get us a little further in the 2nd round which costs us long term pieces next to Donovan is stupid. If Rudy doesn't like it, trade Rudy. Donovan is our franchise.

Interesting that No one is talking about the Jazz going after Randle. He would fit this team well. Not the greatest 3 point shooter but not awful. (34.4%) He also averaged 21 points per game.

Interesting that No one is talking about the Jazz going after Randle. He would fit this team well. Not the greatest 3 point shooter but not awful. (34.4%) He also averaged 21 points per game.

Phoenix is apparently going after Randle. I honestly don't know how the Jazz feel about him, though Gordon Chiesa likes him.

Phoenix is apparently going after Randle. I honestly don't know how the Jazz feel about him, though Gordon Chiesa likes him.
Interesting... I didnt know that but if you look at their roster they have bridges and Warren primarily as their 4s. He would be back to fighting for playing time

In Utah he would probably be the starter from day one. Unless the jazz bring back favors.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

Darius Garland...vs…Coby White (better handle and shooter, though I think this is a push and a choice based on style. I think White could be like 80% of Trae Young, but in the body of Jamal Crawford.

Jarrett Culver...vs…Cameron Reddish (skills that translate vs. potential)

Nickeil Alexander-Walker...vs…Kevin Porter (versatility on both ends + IQ)

Bruno Fernando...vs…Goga Bitadze (much broader skillset)

Sekou Doumbouya...vs…Rui Hachimura (better athlete, clear NBA skills)

Jaxson Hayes...vs…Bol Bol (worth a gamble, though he may always play limited minutes)

Romeo Langford...vs…Keldon Johnson (played injured, way craftier and shiftier than Keldon)

KZ Okpala...vs…Nassir Little (better athlete. that's basically it)

Tyler Herro...vs…Talen Horton-Tuc... (This isn't close for me. I think THT has borderline All Star potential, though I can't tell if he's mentally tough.)

PJ Washington...vs…Brandon Clarke (impact athlete, defender and intangibles guy, if nothing else. I know he can make a big defensive play and get a big rebound, without taking possessions away from better players.)

Naz Reid...vs…Daniel Gafford (I believe in Naz's talent, not his work ethic.)

Luka Samanic...vs…Nicolas Claxton (Much more skilled and more natural out on the floor.)

Dylan Windler...vs…Cameron Johnson (ability to create his own shot and create for others)

Matisse Thybulle...vs…Louis King (impact defender, and I'm down a bit on King's coordination and athleticism; King is likely a finesse player.)

Carsen Edwards...vs…Ty Jerome . (positional size and versatility)

Eric Paschall...vs…Grant Williams (I'm going to say motor and IQ, but I think they're close at the next level.)

Darius Bazley...vs…Chuma Okeke (I like Okeke. I like Bazley's twitch and creativity just a bit more.)

Tacko Fall...vs…Moses Brown (ick)

Luguentz Dort...vs…Jalen Lecque (Leque will get downhill and finish. Dort has no gravity.)

Admiral Schofield...vs…Brian Bowen (Not a fan of either, but think Admiral can fit in a system.)

Ignas Brazdeikis...vs…Kris Wilkes (Better athlete, better defender. Wilkes is softer than Rodney Hood and disappears a lot.)

Last edited:
Interesting... I didnt know that but if you look at their roster they have bridges and Warren primarily as their 4s. He would be back to fighting for playing time

In Utah he would probably be the starter from day one. Unless the jazz bring back favors.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JazzFanz mobile app

Randle is better than both Bridges and Warren. Bridges can also play at the 3.

Randle is better than both Bridges and Warren. Bridges can also play at the 3.

i agree but they also have Oubre that played well last year too. I am just saying that they invested in getting Bridges and Warren is their second best player. This doesnt eve mention Josh Jackson.

Pheonix will probably take Coby White or Garland. (White Probably)

White, Melton, Okobo
Booker, Johnson,
Warrren, Oubre
Bridges, Jackson
Ayton,

Would be their depth chart going into free agency. I am guessing Johnson is going to pick up his option for 19 mil, stupid not to.

i agree but they also have Oubre that played well last year too. I am just saying that they invested in getting Bridges and Warren is their second best player. This doesnt eve mention Josh Jackson.

Pheonix will probably take Coby White or Garland. (White Probably)

White, Melton, Okobo
Booker, Johnson,
Warrren, Oubre
Bridges, Jackson
Ayton,

Would be their depth chart going into free agency. I am guessing Johnson is going to pick up his option for 19 mil, stupid not to.

The rumor is that PHX has promised Coby White at 6, which is why he walked out of the Combine. I suppose it could have been Chicago at 7.