What's new

Following Potential Draftees - 2019 (not kidding)

The Locke take on Grant Williams reveals his naivety.. I'll just leave it right there. Take it from someone who watches SEC basketball...

I definitely don't listen to his draft podcasts for his analysis. The dude's got very loose lips and he's essentially telegraphed what Utah does in the draft since like 2011 when he was salivating over Alec Burks.

I definitely don't listen to his draft podcasts for his analysis. The dude's got very loose lips and he's essentially telegraphed what Utah does in the draft since like 2011 when he was salivating over Alec Burks.

Zactly… when he can get 50% of the guys names right then I will take his draft analysis seriously. He does know who we will pick seemingly weeks ahead of time.

lock down defender? How ****ing high are you?

Pretty ****ing high. But...

Kailey Johnson said so:

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/ty-jerome

upload_2019-6-5_15-35-0.png
pBnYDEQY_400x400.jpg

Zactly… when he can get 50% of the guys names right then I will take his draft analysis seriously. He does know who we will pick seemingly weeks ahead of time.
I mean, he doesnt present himself as a draft expert.

He literally tells you he doesnt watch college basketball and his takes are based off stats analysis and possibly a few games of film.

Ty Jerome was a good college player that I struggle to see making the jump. He's gonna struggle to defend NBA guards. Especially in space. Maybe he sticks in the league as a third string type of PG who is capable of running an offense and knocking down an open three when a team has to call on him.

Jordan Poole or Justin Wright-Foreman would be nice second round picks for us imo. We need to take some swings to get another guy who can put the ball in the bucket. Both of these guys can create off of the bounce, shoot with NBA range and they finished well at the rim in college.

I mean, he doesnt present himself as a draft expert.

He literally tells you he doesnt watch college basketball and his takes are based off stats analysis and possibly a few games of film.

I'm aware... was just supporting the " listen to what he says, but take the analysis with a grain of salt " thinking.

Ty Jerome was a good college player that I struggle to see making the jump. He's gonna struggle to defend NBA guards. Especially in space. Maybe he sticks in the league as a third string type of PG who is capable of running an offense and knocking down an open three when a team has to call on him.

Not too many defensive possessions in the highlight edits for these guys. He looks like he gains half a step by knowing where to be though. And if they burn him they've got Rudy to deal with. We need shooters.

Kinda has shades of Landry Shamet. I think he is capable of being a solid late first pick if he can defend. He's a smart player... good passer and gets a bunch of steals... He may be able to survive on that end with smarts and effort. May make him more of a bench guy.

A lot less athletic than stockton. If we want to compare him to jazz, Joe Ingles is the guy.

Except Jingles looks slow but is fast while Ty Jerome really is slow. He's crafty as hell though. And how much should the fact that he played a big role in getting his team a national championship play?

Okpala is a solid and safe pick if he's there at #23. I think Bazley's explosiveness and footspeed gives him more upside, but Okpala could step in as that third or fourth starter who complements others on the floor similar to a Nic Batum. He's probably just a year away from that kind of role, imo. That's a good pick in the late first round. He has more passing ability than he showed at Stanford, in part because they had limited offensive options worth passing to.

Okpala is a solid and safe pick if he's there at #23. I think Bazley's explosiveness and footspeed gives him more upside, but Okpala could step in as that third or fourth starter who complements others on the floor similar to a Nic Batum. He's probably just a year away from that kind of role, imo. That's a good pick in the late first round. He has more passing ability than he showed at Stanford, in part because they had limited offensive options worth passing to.

LMAO, yeah even to my surprise. I knew Okpala was the best prospect on that team preseason, there were sooo many ppl thinking Oscar Da Silva was a much better pro, which looking back, is hilarious, this was really divided between the international crowd and the domestic too when u look at it... PPL dont understand the way the rankings really work,. They look at the list and see it in order, static, but you've gotta understand which way the numbers are heading, that is just a snapshot,, things are really in motion, always....

KZ is a good player to make this point about tho, his motion in the rankings was ez to predict and falls in line with many other 1st rders i've pointed out years in advance.. He's a prototype type of late-bloomer, 10-inch growth spurt, whos gonna get a major re-adjustment up near the 5-star territory, and then pretty much he's gonna keep trending up..

From the time he 'blew up the rankings' 3 summers ago, his stock has only steadily increased..

What a bizarre year for west coast basketball, i'm quite sure we'll never see anything quite like that again...

Last edited: