What's new

Food we’ve made during the coronavirus

What is your chicken Tikka masala recipe? Been looking for a good recipe for this.
I must confess, I use a premade spice packet - this one: https://www.instacart.com/products/...ls-chicken-tikka-masala-seasoning-mix-1-06-oz

Cut the chicken (2 lbs), saute onions (1 largish white onion, but whatever you want), cook the chicken in the pan (I usually use my wok, because it's a wok). Add tomato sauce (28 oz can) and the spice packets (2 of them) and let it cook like that for 15-20 minutes, add about 1/2 cup of heavy cream, cook it for another 10 minutes, serve over rice with naan and chutney.

Tomorrow i'll keep it simple with some veal tortellini. Monday will be 3 courses, tortellini, grass fed scotch, with roast spuds, pumpkin, maybe a simple greek salad and asparagus. Dessert will be a chocolate and honey mousse.

Instead of the traditional ham dinner yesterday we grilled burgers. Medium rare, topped with roquefort cheese chunks, roquefort dressing, tomatos, bacon, lettuce, honey whiskey BBQ sauce on a pretzel bun. A serving of baked beans and a beer (or two). It was a pretty damn good meal.

images

had one of these from a local burger joint. Bloated does not begin to describe how I feel. Two beef patties, pulled pork, brisket with bacon and cheese.

Nice Archie. Im washing down this arvos burgers with a couple of six packs of local craft brew.

We made a ham today with raspberry jello (the kind with the pretzel crust, then a layer of whipped cream/cream cheese mix, then the jello mixed with raspberries) and "funeral potatoes" which my wife ruined by putting corn flakes on. No pics.

We made a ham today with raspberry jello (the kind with the pretzel crust, then a layer of whipped cream/cream cheese mix, then the jello mixed with raspberries) and "funeral potatoes" which my wife ruined by putting corn flakes on. No pics.
We refer to them as cheesy potatoes. No cornflakes involved. My wife makes the best on the planet. In fact, my wife is an awesome cook which is why I will likely gain 20 pounds through this ****... her potato salad and spaghetti sauce is to die for!

We refer to them as cheesy potatoes. No cornflakes involved. My wife makes the best on the planet. In fact, my wife is an awesome cook which is why I will likely gain 20 pounds through this ****... her potato salad and spaghetti sauce is to die for!

I grew up calling them “sour cream potatoes”. No corn flakes involved either. But because my wife grew up eating them with corn flakes, if she makes them, she uses the corn flakes, even though she’s the only one that likes them that way.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I should have taken more pictures but tonight I made a lot.

First I made a salsa de arbol.
Dried Arbol chilies reconstituted with roasted tomatoes, tomatillos, onion, cilantro, garlic, salt. Pureed.

It was very spicy so I separated some then added considerably more tomato, some sugar and salt and made a second more mild batch.

So now I have a spicy and medium spicy taqueria type salsa.

Then I made chili paste.
Dried California chilis reconstituted, dried Pasilla chilis reconstituted, onion, cilantro, garlic, cumin, lime juice, chicken broth, salt.

Some was to save but some is to make Vampiro Tacos tomorrow. You thin it out and splash it on the hot griddle before laying the tortilla down.

Then I made some pickled cucumber.
English cucumber, some red onion, salt, sugar, rice wine vinegar.

This is to go with some Bulgogi I bought. I'm also going to have some Kimchi and rice.

Then I made a Carne Asada Marinade.
1 cup orange juice (fresh), 1 cup lime juice (fresh), 1 bunch cilantro, 1/3 cup olive oil, a little vinegar, fresh jalapeno, soy sauce, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper.

Poured this over 2.5lbs flank steak. This is going to be the meat for the vampiro tacos tomorrow.

Now I need to cook the Bulgogi once the rice is done.

I've been cooking since 6:30pm and it's 10:40pm now. Still a little left to do but then I'll have a delicious dinner and an even better dinner tomorrow.

I grilled some steaks and corn on the cob last night

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I was getting fat when Covid first hit. Couldn't cook a hot dog without running to the store for beef franks, onions and peppers to saute, and make cheese sauce. And eating 3 of them.

Made some Japanese clear soup today. Simple and pretty good but would have been dank if I made my own broth like gameface, and didnt add too much ginger root. Homemade stock is so much richer.

I'm making bulgogi for tomorrow but I couldnt find asian pear so substituting Fuji apple. Luckily, I found soy sauce at my third stop, and gochuchang sauce jumped off the shelf and landed in my cart just as i had given up. Was going to use sriracha but didnt want to switch out everything.

I'm not much of a cook or a foodie, so I usually have no idea what you guys are even eating. But I thought of a dish I used to eat at an Italian restaurant (on Pierpont maybe?) about 30 years ago called Straw & Hay (or Paglia & Fieno, apparently). I tried to recreate it, and it was easy and yummy. I made a thing!!

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app