What's new

For stoked GAME THREAD!!

Hood for ROY?

Switch the picks. Hood might have 5th pick value and Exum might be 20 something.

Really liking the Stifle Tower. He and Favors are going to be quite a duo at the 5. Jazz have some pretty solid rotations and good depth. It's going to be a fun season!

No. Corbin sucks. He held the entire franchise back a year and should be called out on that now and in years to come. I think we're all grateful the fact changes were made, but that doesn't absolve just how #$%^&* of a coach Corbin was.

What's the point of beating a dead horse? His tenure is over. It's time to move on.

Exum has looked shaky against those double teams. I don't think he'll ever have Burke's handle, so he has to learn how to recognize them and avoid them.

I believe the Clippers had only 4 or 5 dunks the entire game. Last year they had that many slams 4 minutes into the first quarter.

Kanter looked surprisingly ineffective. I normally like him, but he didn't seem to have it tonight.

The rebound Golbert had when surrounded by three Clippers late in the game was stunning. No way anyone should have been able to take that away from the Clipper crowd. But he did.

This will be a fine season.

So was Corbin really THAT bad or is Snyder THIS good?

I think it's somewhere in the middle.
Last season Burke couldn't shoot (nor could Hayward) and Gobert was a wide-eyed rookie. Lindsey provided Ty with a very weak bench.
But Ty also underutilized Burks at the beginning of the season and insisted on playing RJ way too many minutes. Again, you simply do NOT give 25 mins/per to a guy who isn't going to be a part of the future when you have zero chance of making the playoffs. Marvin, I understand...the FO was considering bringing him back.

Quin has been given some decent players - all 15 up and down the roster merit playing time. But yeah, Ty was a bad coach.

One thing I want to point out - I loved that Snyder let Exum play through his TOs and struggles. That's the only way he's going to learn and the fastest way he's going to get used to the pace of the game, to the toughness of the game, to the physicality. Can you imagine Corbin letting a rookie net up 8TOs? He probably would have been gone out of the game at about 3 and on his way to the Stampede at about 5.

What's the point of beating a dead horse? His tenure is over. It's time to move on.

Nobody is beating a dead horse. It's just factual to state that Quin's coaching is exposing just how bad of a coach Corbin was. It's a time-relevant, and very obvious observation.

I'm a fan of the Jazz and WHOMEVER is the coach. I'm sorry that's a foreign concept to some fans.

Not that there's a problem with being supportive, but you can't really call out people for criticizing Corbin when the fool certainly deserved it.

Nobody is beating a dead horse. It's just factual to state that Quin's coaching is exposing just how bad of a coach Corbin was. It's a time-relevant, and very obvious observation.

Well if you want to seem petty and vindictive then by all means, continue.

Exum looks so rattled.

I had him pegged of having high bust potential. I really hope it isn't true. What a waste it will be if he busts.

I'm not saying he is a bust, he just needs a lot of work.

I think more than anything Exum just looks tentative and it leads to a lot of his TOs right now. Cy is right in that he needs to attack the rim and play with more purpose. On the plus side, his jumper at least when he's set is not terrible. Decent defender and will be elite when he gains a little muscle and gets better feel for pump fakes and stuff.

Exum never goes hard to the rim, that is partly why he doesn't get calls. He just takes contact and kind of looks whiney about it instead of just using his speed to get to the rim and force some legit contact.
Does this comment mean that you are now seeing his speed? I agree with what you are saying, BTW. I am not even slightly surprised that he has a ton of learning to do.