What's new

Ford's Mock Draft 3.0

Hayward wasn't and still isn't particularly athletic. He's an exceptionally smart player that works exceptionally hard, but is pedestrian by NBA standards.
Okay, what the hell does "athletic" even mean then?

Hayward is unathletic... meaning he isn't fast, strong, explosive or coordinated...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHDA_mZTpgs

Hayward is not unathletic. He is clearly not in the upper echelon of NBA players in athleticism but he is very good athlete for his size and build in the NBA.

And one of the scariest prospects to come along in years, Andre Drummond. If Lawrence Frank would have played him (over Jason Maxiell!) he would have given Dame Lillard as serious run for Rookie of the Year. He posted the highest PER for any player under 20 in NBA history.

didnt he get injured right after he got a bunch of playing time? I think he was on his way to rookie of the year consideration, then had to sit a while. He looks good. I think Detroits front line will be pretty good with him and monroe.

well, at this point, he is better than Favors and Kanter. So he may be overrated, but that just means that we way over rate our bigs. Not saying that Favors and Kanter don't have the potential to be better, but they have to get there first.

He's also older and Favors is way better on the defensive end. I think Kanter will be a better player in 2 years

Hayward is not unathletic. He is clearly not in the upper echelon of NBA players in athleticism but he is very good athlete for his size and build in the NBA.

and for a White guy. I , mean, let's be honest. what white guy, at Haywards size, has ever been as athletic. Hayward is the Labron James of White players. If White people were the only one's in the NBA, He'd be an Elite athlete. That's just the truth.

And one of the scariest prospects to come along in years, Andre Drummond. If Lawrence Frank would have played him (over Jason Maxiell!) he would have given Dame Lillard as serious run for Rookie of the Year. He posted the highest PER for any player under 20 in NBA history.

+1

trexiy.jpg

triceratops_3.jpg

and for a White guy. I , mean, let's be honest. what white guy, at Haywards size, has ever been as athletic. Hayward is the Labron James of White players. If White people were the only one's in the NBA, He'd be an Elite athlete. That's just the truth.

Several they just had very few basketball skills and washed out of the league. Joe Alexander was Hayward's size, had a 40+ vertical, and could touch his nose on the rim. Hayward has trouble dunking with one hand....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruRGRnj-4t8

And yes he sounds like a total prick.