What's new

Former Mossad Chief, says attack on Iran 'Stupidest Idea he's ever heard'.

TheSilencer1313

Just thought I would share the opinions of experts/leaders that are from that part of the world, as opposed to our leaders in the U.S. that aren't listening to reason very well.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobi...agan-mossad-iran-attack-stupid_n_1888840.html

Meir Dagan,a former head of the Israeli intelligence service Mossad,says that an attack on Iran would be the "stupidest idea [I've] ever heard."

Speaking to '60 Minutes' Dagan said: "An attack on Iran now before exploring all other approaches is not the right way how to do it [sic]."

Dagan,a man who Iranian authorities reportedly claim has dispatched assassins, computer viruses and faulty equipment in a bid to delay the country's nuclear program, appears to have developed a surprising appreciation for the Islamic Republic's regime -which is a sworn enemy of Israel.

"The regime in Iran is a very rational regime," according to Dagan. Asked if he felt the regime in Iran was capable of backing down from an escalating crisis over the country's nuclear program,he replied: "No doubt that the Iranian regime is not exactly rational based on what I would call 'Western Thinking,' but no doubt they are considering all the implications of their actions."

Dagan's interview is in stark contrast to the opinions of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu,who appeared on 'Meet The Press' earlier. Netanyahu said that supporters of the policy of 'containing' Iran and its nuclear ambitions "set a new standard for human stupidity."

When he says "regime" is he referring to Ahmadinejad or the Ayatollahs? Because I think at this point it's clear that Ahmadinejad and the rest of his cabinet answer to the senior clerics. Not the other way around.

So you linked to one dissenting voice? Personally I'd have more than one "expert/leader" before I tried to make a point. You can always find that one guy that says anything...

So you linked to one dissenting voice? Personally I'd have more than one "expert/leader" before I tried to make a point. You can always find that one guy that says anything...

you're right about how few people really get it "right", being just one guy and and all that, and I'm usually the one guy who says it.

Dagan is the one who's right. I feel validated, finally.

Haha, I wasn't trying to prove a point.
I suppose I better start posting hundreds of former Israeli government leaders takes on the situation before I post any news articles again.

What else would you like?
The guy is a former head of Israeli intelligence, so I highly doubt there's many others with any more expertise than a former head, that is no longer tied down by the government.

On a side note, here's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu speaking on the house floor, and claiming that Israel needs no help from the U.S.
As Ron Paul has been saying FOREVER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lYaZ3C5e5g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

When are we actually going to stop policing the world?
Oh probably about the point that the entire country burns like Rome.

Haha, I wasn't trying to prove a point.
I suppose I better start posting hundreds of former Israeli government leaders takes on the situation before I post any news articles again.

What else would you like?
The guy is a former head of Israeli intelligence, so I highly doubt there's many others with any more expertise than a former head, that is no longer tied down by the government.

On a side note, here's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu speaking on the house floor, and claiming that Israel needs no help from the U.S.
As Ron Paul has been saying FOREVER.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lYaZ3C5e5g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

When are we actually going to stop policing the world?
Oh probably about the point that the entire country burns like Rome.

Why did you even bring up the Netanyahu stuff? I never said that the US should assist them in starting what I think would escalate to WW3.

You have a habit of trying to argue things with people that they never even mentioned.

Why did you even bring up the Netanyahu stuff? I never said that the US should assist them in starting what I think would escalate to WW3.

You have a habit of trying to argue things with people that they never even mentioned.

I mentioned Netanyahu, because he was mentioned in the article. Not necessarily because you may have mentioned him.
I'm glad you don't agree with that course of action, as you seem to be a little bit sane.

At the same time, there's no real difference here between aiding Israel against Iran or actually getting involved per our own discourse.
It's the same thing, an act of war on a 'so-called' almost nuclear nation.