What's new

Free agency rumors updates

Wow that's crazy can we even match that ?

Sent from my ASUS_Z01BDC using JazzFanz mobile app

We can definitely match it. The question is should we? I think its an easy yes but it might ultimately cost us Hood. I think he is probably getting traded though. Locke implied matching that for the Jazz is a no brainer. I do expect them to take the full time to match it though to give them room to make deals if they can though.

The worst part about that would be Cy being right... we'd still match but the Magic are assholes for running up the price. If they ever have a good player we gonna return the favor.

I dont think that is running up the price. That is a good deal for him. I think any team in the NBA would be happy to have him at that price.

Yeah, I don't think the PG-13 news makes Hayward re-signing here as much of a lock as you all predict. If anything, it might lower Boston in his priority list and raise Miami a bit, but I'm not sure the overall math of his consideration has changed. And remember, 'basketball reasons' are just one of the fronts of his decision making.

Clearly, it's a good thing that PG-13 didn't wind up in Boston. It isn't a great thing that the West just added another versatile forward that will be competing both for playoff positioning and an All Star berth.

If Hayward stays though, the race between San Antonio, Houston, the Jazz, and OKC for the 2-5 seeds is going to be NUTS and so much fun to watch.

Ainge could have had Jimmy Butler for #3 straight up, didn't pull the trigger. He could have easily offered more than OKC for PG13, didn't pull the trigger. Blake is no longer available. Ainge has shown his gameplan. He's not all in right now. He's sitting on his cap space and picks and trying to wait out GSW/Cle. He's not signing Hayward. And Hayward isn't signing there. Unless Boston somehow pulls a trade out of their *** for a star that we currently don't know is available. I don't see Hayward going to Miami. I never did. He wants to win. There's no chance of winning in Miami with that current team. I'm 99.99999999% sure we locked up Hayward today.

We can definitely match it. The question is should we? I think its an easy yes but it might ultimately cost us Hood. I think he is probably getting traded though. Locke implied matching that for the Jazz is a no brainer. I do expect them to take the full time to match it though to give them room to make deals if they can though.
I think Hood's future stems on Haywards decision. But In all honesty I think we should get someone or other pieces to replace Hood in Utah.

I think Hood's future stems on Haywards decision. But In all honesty I think we should get someone or other pieces to replace Hood in Utah.

Yeah I agree. If Jazz bring back Hayward and Ingles I dont see us keeping Hood. But if either of those guys dont return I think we stick with Hood. I could be way off. I just dont see the Jazz spending that much on those 3 players, one of them is gone.

Ainge could have had Jimmy Butler for #3 straight up, didn't pull the trigger. He could have easily offered more than OKC for PG13, didn't pull the trigger. Blake is no longer available. Ainge has shown his gameplan. He's not all in right now. He's sitting on his cap space and picks and trying to wait out GSW/Cle. He's not signing Hayward. And Hayward isn't signing there. Unless Boston somehow pulls a trade out of their *** for a star that we currently don't know is available. I don't see Hayward going to Miami. I never did. He wants to win. There's no chance of winning in Miami with that current team. I'm 99.99999999% sure we locked up Hayward today.

This is really smart analysis, SCS. Nice work. Really hoping you're right.

I think Ainge was too overconfident in getting Hayward, then swinging for other players. But he still could do that. He just didnt want to give up any asset until he signed the first all-star in FA. Otherwise it is a waste.

If the Jazz bring back Gordon Hayward, this offseason is a success - regardless of what happens with Hill/Jingles. Not sure just adding Rubio gets them into contender status. . . still think one more move is required. Thankfully, the Jazz have assets to chase something if they want to. Looking from the outside. . . I feel like they should have gone after either Butler or PG13. That's how you look to take the next step. Hopefully they can keep Hayward and then look at their options at the deadline. Maybe another move to chase a star at that point. Especially if Exum, Hood or Burks are looking like solid assets.