What's new

Game #10 - Utah Jazz at Philadelphia 76ers - 11/16/2012 5:00 PM MST Root Sports, ESPN

Mo Williams was hurt last night, visibly hurt. I remember one play that they threw it to him ans he was about to catch it with his right hand and then immediately got rid of it to his left hand. The injury is not an excuse for his bad shots. Unfortunately for the Jazz he wasn't the only one taking bad shots. Jefferson, Millsap, Foye, Tinsley Marvin and Hayward are also to blame.

Carroll was great. He will never shoot that good again but he deserves more playing time. I wish I was saying that about Burks but Carroll looked better than Burks at any point in the season.

I'm officially off the Millsap bandwagon. He can do some incredible things at times but he needs to be traded while people are still high on him. Yes, he added a 3 pt stroke to his game. I think that is great, but what got him playing time in the NBA? It was his rebounding, his hustle, his selflessness and his attitude to accept any role that was asked of him.

Where is that Millsap? I can think of at least two different time last night that he decided to bring the ball down the court on the fast break and he had an open player cutting to the rim for easy points and instead he either took the shot himself (which he missed) or he made the wrong pass. If he gets benched I can see him giving up. I know that there is a huge market for Millsap somewhere and it is time to test that market.

The bench bringing the game back for the team is getting so old. Corbin had been doing a better job of playing the players that deserved to be on the court but last night he went completely backwards. Favors barely breaking the 20 minute marks is mind numbing. He belonged on the court against the starters because Holiday and Turner where getting to the rim at will and Millsap and Jefferson were there to watch and no much else. If Favors was in the game the shot would have been blocked, altered or would have been an incredibly good shot to go in. Favors needs to be on the court.

The offense going to the low block and not much else happening is completely inefficient. Outside of Jefferson and Millsap, no one likes to run that offense. We have the perfect players for a ball moving fast team. Both Williams', Hayward, Burks, Foye, Carroll, Favors and Kanter are perfect for that type of offense. Why are we catering to only two players?

We need a skilled energy guy. That is the missing piece. We have shooters, defenders, rebounders and athleticism. What we are lacking is a wing player that is skilled that can bring energy to the team and help to push through the lulls of the game. Call me what you want but MKG would have been perfect for that role. Too bad he would have been benched in favor or vets.

This opinion won't be popular......

I don't think Al is the problem. He can be productive, and he is passing much much better. But when he has to carry the team the task is sometimes too much for him. I see the problem being the wings. No scoring, no rebounding, no defense, no heart.

What the jazz need is a dynamic wing who is not afraid to attack the basket or take the shot or otherwise be the man. I think that kind of player would take the pressure off of Al and it would also allow Ty to play Favors more without worrying about Favors not so developed offense.

Hmmmm..... A dynamic wing who is not afraid to attack the basket..... Man i wish we had a player who fits that description..... maybe the guy with all the dnp's on the bench that wears number 10.

OK, last one. I know someone brought up Locke and his homerism/blindness. Is is getting to be too much to handle. I'm waiting to see Lindsey make some magic happen because this team is getting to the nearly unwatchable point. I love the Jazz but watching them is making me insane a little bit at a time. What was the definition of insanity again?

The bench bringing the game back for the team is getting so old. Corbin had been doing a better job of playing the players that deserved to be on the court but last night he went completely backwards. Favors barely breaking the 20 minute marks is mind numbing. He belonged on the court against the starters because Holiday and Turner where getting to the rim at will and Millsap and Jefferson were there to watch and no much else. If Favors was in the game the shot would have been blocked, altered or would have been an incredibly good shot to go in. Favors needs to be on the court.

Agree with Favors needing more minutes, but disagree with the bench thing.

Here is what I have noticed: When Ty doesn't have any SF on the team that is seriously contributing, he puts Millsap at the three, in order to bring in Favors at the four.

In yesterday's game, Carroll was contributing. Not only that, but Millsap had his best quarter (3rd) of the entire season. So, both Millsap AND Carroll were needed in the game as long as possible. Carroll was in up until the 3 or 2 minute mark, if I am not mistaken.

Now, you could make the argument that Favors should have played against Al. But seeing as he is our best one-on-one offensive player, and our offense is already in tatters to begin with, Corbin went with the safe move.

As far as the bench is concerned, they went on a 9-0 run, but then gave up 9 points in quick succession as well. Leaving the bench, and their lack of half-court consistency in would have just buried us in the game even further. We NEED a go-to guy in the bench like it is no ones business. That, or a great passing guard. Sadly, we have none. Maybe Watson might change things.

Agree with Favors needing more minutes, but disagree with the bench thing.

Here is what I have noticed: When Ty doesn't have any SF on the team that is seriously contributing, he puts Millsap at the three, in order to bring in Favors at the four.

In yesterday's game, Carroll was contributing. Not only that, but Millsap had his best quarter (3rd) of the entire season. So, both Millsap AND Carroll were needed in the game as long as possible. Carroll was in up until the 3 or 2 minute mark, if I am not mistaken.

Now, you could make the argument that Favors should have played against Al. But seeing as he is our best one-on-one offensive player, and our offense is already in tatters to begin with, Corbin went with the safe move.

As far as the bench is concerned, they went on a 9-0 run, but then gave up 9 points in quick succession as well. Leaving the bench, and their lack of half-court consistency in would have just buried us in the game even further. We NEED a go-to guy in the bench like it is no ones business. That, or a great passing guard. Sadly, we have none. Maybe Watson might change things.

Agree with all of this, except that when somebody else is on fire, there isn't really a need for Al so much. Carrol-Sap-Favors probably would have been steadier since Carrol and Sap were hot. Also probably the biggest wart on the offense is a lack of dribble penetration talent from anybody who isn't getting DNPs.

Hmmmm..... A dynamic wing who is not afraid to attack the basket..... Man i wish we had a player who fits that description..... maybe the guy with all the dnp's on the bench that wears number 10.

Oh no. He's no good. Just look at his career. The stats are telling