What's new

Game #10 - Utah Jazz at Philadelphia 76ers - 11/16/2012 5:00 PM MST Root Sports, ESPN

Thriller can go ahead an neg rep me......

I don't think Al is the problem. He can be productive, and he is passing much much better. When he has to carry the team the task is sometimes too much for him. I see the problem being the wings. No scoring, no rebounding, no defense, no heart.

What the jazz need is a dynamic wing who is not afraid to attack the basket or take the shot or otherwise be the man. I think that kind of player would take the pressure off of Al and it would allow Ty to play Favors and his not so developed offense to play more often.

His passing is not better. In fact it is worse that he is trying and losing the ball than when he was just forcing a shot. And Al's defense is non existent. It's worse than Boozer at this point. At least Boozer blocked out and got the rebound when they missed. Jefferson doesn't even bother doing that.

We have the wing you want on the bench. His name is Burks. But for some reason our coach won't play him at all.

Our wings can play decent defense they just don't have anybody backing them up. It's no coincidence that our defense improve when Favors is on the floor. Because our wings can play more aggressive and worry less about a guy going unmolested toward the basket.

Our dynamic wing player is Gordon Hayward. He has been relegated to spot-up shooter when he should be the primary playmaker in the offense. If you ran him at point in the second unit, you wouldn't need to rely so heavily on Tinsley and could maybe find minutes for guys like Burks and Carroll.

AJ and Millsap are supposed to be our go to guys. They play no defense and Jefferson refused to do anything but take Jumpers over his defender and you want to blame the backcourt?

We lost because our starters don't know how to play without somebody cheering them on. The starting lineup for this team is pathetic and needs to change. All of Jefferson, Marvin and Hayward need to be benched. Start Favors, Millsap, Burks, Mo and Carrolle. At least with that lineup you know you will be playing with energy.

What did Mo Williams do? He was getting torched by Holiday and had zero assists for most of the game. He padded his stats at the end of the game. Marvin Williams 2 pts. Hayward zero rebounds and 3-8 shooting. Foye was invisible most of the game. Yea AJ and Millsap sucked on defense but Millsap kept the Jazz in the game during the 3rd period. It seems as though you missed most of the game if you don't think the back court weren't the big contributors to the Jazz losing.

This opinion won't be popular......

I don't think Al is the problem. He can be productive, and he is passing much much better. But when he has to carry the team the task is sometimes too much for him. I see the problem being the wings. No scoring, no rebounding, no defense, no heart.

What the jazz need is a dynamic wing who is not afraid to attack the basket or take the shot or otherwise be the man. I think that kind of player would take the pressure off of Al and it would also allow Ty to play Favors more without worrying about Favors not so developed offense.

You mean that guy named Burks who rots on the bench? The guy who was top 3 or 4 of all shooting guards in free throws attempted per minute last season?

This has nothing, nothing, nothing to do about players.

The only question now is when the shills of the Jazz media (looking at you, Locke) will address the elephant in the corner of the room: We might have the worst half court offense in the league.

We have too many good players to ever be the worst statistically. But we should be much better than we are, and it's clear Ty has no idea how to fix the problem.

Props to Carroll. He stinks, and I loathe the idea he will get more minutes after tonight, and he'll never shoot as well again, but the reality is he's a great guy to have on a team that doesn't run an offense. But where most coaches would have called tonight's game a 'spark,' Ty will put him into the regular rotation 5 games too long.

If there are 5 worse starting point guards than Mo Williams, I want the list.

Steve Blake, anybody on the Kings, Ramon Sessions, Mario Chalmers, AJ Price, Jeff Teaque, Luke Ridnour, Linsanity, brandon Knight, Etauwn Moore, Jameer Nelson, and Jose Calderon.

If Mo sucks so bad why isn't Burks given a chance?

A better question is, can you think of 5 worse coaches than Ty Corbin?

Or 5 softer bigs than Jefferson?

Or 5 reasons why Burks shouldn't be playing?

had Damien Lillard been drafted by the Jazz his greatest stat would be DNP.

That's saying something. Ty needs to go.

portland isn't afraid to play their lotto pick big mins. Why are the Jazz afraid to play their lotto picks big mins?

it's a huge crime that Favors isn't playing 30+ mins, Kanter 20+, and Burks 20+.

This Locke comment cracks me up: "Hayward and Marvin were quiet tonight. I have a hard time understanding if they are to blame or if the Jazz reverted back to throwing it in the left block and when that happens they don’t get many chances."

Locke is there. Every night. And yet it's obvious he knows nothing. Going into the post tonight against Philly's terrible frontline made sense. But if there is no design to have Hayward and Marvin crash the basket without the basketball, we get reduced to a YMCA team that watches the Big Man try to score.

When is Locke going to admit the problem is Ty? The reality is I don't think he can given his relationship with the Jazz. At the same time, the longer he ignores this, the more he loses credibility.

Props to Carroll. He stinks, and I loathe the idea he will get more minutes after tonight, and he'll never shoot as well again, but the reality is he's a great guy to have on a team that doesn't run an offense. But where most coaches would have called tonight's game a 'spark,' Ty will put him into the regular rotation 5 games too long.

What is there to hate about Carroll?

Comes off the bench and plays great defense (ball hound, creates havoc, goes after everything, can guard at least three positions), has seemingly limitless energy, hits open shots, plays within the offense (whatever that is), has a surprisingly good handle, isn't an aging veteran stealing minutes, has improved his game since he came into the league, and doesn't complain if he sits on the bench for two weeks. Jesus, I would love it if he was starting again.

There are few things that come to mind after watching tonight's game.

1. IMO the Jazz had a real shot to win the game until Mo decided to shoot a 3 when the Jazz had a 3-2 fast break with like 3 or so minutes left in the game. The Jazz were down four at that point and never recovered. If they could have got the basket there it would have been a one possession game. His decision making down the stretch is horrid, and the Jazz desperately need a real PG in the worst way. Watching Holliday crap all over him was fun too, sigh.

2. Hard to win games when the opposition shoots 10-18 from 3 point land. Some of it was just fine shooting (the whole first quarter it seemed like the 6ers couldn't miss) but a lot of it was the typical Jazz "let the other team destroy you from 3 point land" defense that's aggravating to watch.

3. Carroll had the game of his life. The bench played really well, but Ty in his grand Ty fashion brought back the starters and they proceeded to suck it up at the end of the 2nd.

Seriously, I feel like every road game we play is the opposing team's best game of the season.

Was at the game and I don't get a chance to consistently watch the Jazz like most of the other posters, so some of this may be obvious to everyone, but I'll share my impressions, since a view from a distance can sometimes be different:

Mo: a top-notch backup point guard.
Al: offense goes into a twighlight zone when he has the ball in his hands. Other players going through the paces but not really expecting the ball to come to them
Marvin: was he on the court?
Favors/ Kantor: low court awareness and body control evident from time to time. Some effort from Kantor, but not the fire in the belly I expected
Demarre: freakin spark plug. Translate his passion and love for the game to other 11, we'd be going somewhere.
Milsap: Duncan-esque high basketball IQ, body control, positioning on both ends (minus Duncan's physical skills/size). If we lose him, a lot of intangible benefits disappear.

One other observation was that the perimeter defense was not as bad as the 3-point % would indicate. Sixers were on a mission and very hot (obviously)

Team lacked consistent intensity, woke up and then got dispirited. Need to find a way to self-motivate without a crowd.

They had a good jump shooting game because their jump shots were all WIDE OPEN. Seriously who just lets a guard move behind a screen and stand there and shoot. Especially once they started making them. The effort by the starters on the defensive end was pathetic all game long.

But the biggest problem with this team right now sits on the bench in a suit.

Warning, this rank is going to be a few posts long.

Jefferson is worthless in every aspect of the game with the exception of his footwork/low post game. When he is shooting jump shots he needs to be benched. Here is the most telling state of the night for the starters, 1 offense rebound for all 5 players combined and that was from Mo Williams.