What's new

Game #29--The Decidedly Average Jazz host the Miami Heat. 7pm Mtn.

His athleticism and all-around game gave him an advantage at the college level. In the pros he's just another guy. He needs to figure out how he's going to contribute best. Quin has obviously given him a green light to shoot and attack as soon as he touches the ball. He needs to figure out his spots.
Pretty good post. I believe he will stick in the nba

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

This season sucks because the Jazz are just as bi-polar as the fanbase these days. No enjoyment in watching either of the shows from a moment to moment basis

I think Grayson might be in trouble. In regards to quin. I noticed when he was checking in. Quin pointed straight to the corner. I hope he gets a chance though. Poor guy
Shamet's deadly 3pt shooting almost brought sixers a W tonight.

If DL wants a shooter, why not drafting someone who's already there.

His athleticism and all-around game gave him an advantage at the college level. In the pros he's just another guy. He needs to figure out how he's going to contribute best. Quin has obviously given him a green light to shoot and attack as soon as he touches the ball. He needs to figure out his spots.
He looks unsure to me. Quin does that to players. Green light to shoot yes. I don't think to attack though. Look to be honest I don't think he's elite at NBA level. His speed and athleticism is just an average NBA athlete. But I do think he's quite intelligent.

He looks unsure to me. Quin does that to players. Green light to shoot yes. I don't think to attack though. Look to be honest I don't think he's elite at NBA level. His speed and athleticism is just an average NBA athlete. But I do think he's quite intelligent.
If he can't figure out his shooting he's done. As simple as that. I consider him to be a guard version of Trey Lyles. Can do a bit of everything but none of which translate to the elite level. But Lyles was 19 when we drafted him. How much time can we give a 23 yr old to improve his 25% 3pt shooting?

22 year old Exum is far better than 22 year old Allen.
Dante has star tools. Dante could be anything. Grayson I like him but doesn't have the elite tools. But they both deserve a chance. Let's hope quin gives them both a chance

He actually looks quick when making drives off the catch... on defense he looks like he is running in mud. I’m not really concerned but I’m also not super intrigued. I think he’s an nba player but I’m not sure he’s gonna be much better than a guy like pat connaughton.

he looked decisive in summer league and in preseason, was one of the team's better players in preseason, and the team's top 3 point shooter. Not suprisingly this was with consistent/predictable minutes. Lately, he looks very indecisive with the few minutes he's getting and i think that's had the biggest effect on his game with the sporadic minutes and lack of confidence from the coach. He is always a threat spotting up despite what his current 3pt% is and has a quick first step on offense in getting to the paint. his shot will start to fall again, i'm never worried about that. What's most important for his development is his defense which has actually looked much better in the last few games he's played both at nba and g league levels. I wish they'd play him on ball a bit more (especially with other shooters) to see what he could do driving the ball more often. He's great attacking closeouts, and has good vision to find open shooters or throw a lob when the defense collapses. he's an above average athlete even at the NBA level. and whoever mentioned shamet should realize that grayson would probably put up similar numbers if he had his coach's confidence and ability to play through bad games to get used to nba range and spacing. dude is getting the advantage of playing 20+ meaningful minutes a game while grayson is playing < 10 min a game with multiple DNPs and majority of minutes being garbage time minutes. He clearly hasn't been able to get in rhythm.

he looked decisive in summer league and in preseason, was one of the team's better players in preseason, and the team's top 3 point shooter. Not suprisingly this was with consistent/predictable minutes. Lately, he looks very indecisive with the few minutes he's getting and i think that's had the biggest effect on his game with the sporadic minutes and lack of confidence from the coach. He is always a threat spotting up despite what his current 3pt% is and has a quick first step on offense in getting to the paint. his shot will start to fall again, i'm never worried about that. What's most important for his development is his defense which has actually looked much better in the last few games he's played both at nba and g league levels. I wish they'd play him on ball a bit more (especially with other shooters) to see what he could do driving the ball more often. He's great attacking closeouts, and has good vision to find open shooters or throw a lob when the defense collapses. he's an above average athlete even at the NBA level. and whoever mentioned shamet should realize that grayson would probably put up similar numbers if he had his coach's confidence and ability to play through bad games to get used to nba range and spacing. dude is getting the advantage of playing 20+ meaningful minutes a game while grayson is playing < 10 min a game with multiple DNPs and majority of minutes being garbage time minutes. He clearly hasn't been able to get in rhythm.

I wasn't trying to kill the guy... I actually get a kick out of people getting super down on him after a 9 minute garbage time effort. If the long three goes in instead of clanking around and out... then he is 2/5 with 6 points and a nice assist... but 1/5 obvi means he's a bust.

I think he's fine and there aren't guys that are killing it right now that I liked pre-draft. Okobo has had some moments... Only guy that I wish we had picked was Holiday and I didn't want him in the draft... just seeing him on the court at summer league and in games you can tell he will be a player.

Kristen Kenney looks ****ing ridiculous. lmao.

I would say she looked like Bill Nye the Science Guy got his 'chemistry kit' out and 'banged' a Christmas tree. Does anyone have a picture of KK the science tree? She had me chuckling and wanting to open a package with my own chemistry kit all at the same time.

and stillllllllll doesn't know what a skip pass is. What a ****ing loser.
I think he's trolling us at this point. Booner has explained the difference to him on air and he jokingly dismissed the explanation. He knows.

The coach is the biggest problem this team has. He doesn't know how to give confidence. His body language is always f#####. We would be better with a different coach. He doesn't even let young players play through mistakes unless it's Donovan. How the f### can they learn.

I think he's trolling us at this point. Booner has explained the difference to him on air and he jokingly dismissed the explanation. He knows.
I think Boler uses the "skip pass" as his broadcasting signature, sort of like Hot Rod used his "frozen rope."

I wasn't trying to kill the guy... I actually get a kick out of people getting super down on him after a 9 minute garbage time effort. If the long three goes in instead of clanking around and out... then he is 2/5 with 6 points and a nice assist... but 1/5 obvi means he's a bust.

I think he's fine and there aren't guys that are killing it right now that I liked pre-draft. Okobo has had some moments... Only guy that I wish we had picked was Holiday and I didn't want him in the draft... just seeing him on the court at summer league and in games you can tell he will be a player.

i just think it's ridiculous that people can call someone a bust who plays 10 minutes a game (only about 3-4 of which are non-garbage minutes) + multiple DNPs.