What's new

Game #3: Jazz at Spurs 6:30 PM MST - Root Sports, 1280 AM/97.5 FM

Great comeback and all, but our halfcourt offense is the worst I've seen it in years. I'm still trying to figure out what we run. It's easy to see the initial plays -- dumps to the block, high pick and roll, a little side pick and roll. But once that first play is over, nobody has ANY clue how to get into a secondary offense.

Great contrast was the Spurs. When they dump to the low block, which they do a lot more than most people think, everybody on the perimeter moves. Close guys to the post player rotate out, and at least one guy cuts on almost every play.

One thing is absolutely killing me. It's great we've now discovered the corner 3. But when Al/Sap/Favors/Kanter get the ball on the block, the corner shooter has to get out of the freaking corner. By staying there, he's allowing the wing defender to double the post with the shortest distance to the shooter which kills the outlet pass. He needs to slide out along the arc 10 feet. I can't believe this keeps happening.

Mo was so hot I was cheering for him to take every shot in the game. And any time a player is that hot, I want that player shooting. But Mo's game terrifies me. It was OK to be over 16 shots in this particular game, but a situation is developing where Mo thinks he should be taking the most shots on the team. That's a bad recipe, even worse when the guy is in a contract year. My prediction is Mo Hate has a slight chance to top Al hate within 2 months if this doesn't get straightened out.

Mo was so hot I was cheering for him to take every shot in the game. And any time a player is that hot, I want that player shooting. But Mo's game terrifies me. It was OK to be over 16 shots in this particular game, but a situation is developing where Mo thinks he should be taking the most shots on the team. That's a bad recipe, even worse when the guy is in a contract year. My prediction is Mo Hate has a slight chance to top Al hate within 2 months if this doesn't get straightened out.

I think you are correct about mo shooting to much becoming a problem however, mo hate will not surpass big al hate due to the fact that mo at least plays defense......... also mo ball hogging is at least more entertaining than Al ball hogging.

also mo ball hogging is at least more entertaining than Al ball hogging.

If any kind of ball hogging continues on this team, don't be surprised if we see some trades before the deadline.
If no trades happen, then I see the Jazz not making the playoffs at all.

I agree with those that said Hayward had a good game but lets not forget early in the 1st Qtr his D wasn't good he let Green get a few easy shots to get him going, but the whole team came out that way.

Al and Paul need to get their stuff together as they just seem to be getting off to slow starts, can't wait until the 2nd half especially on the road.

Nuts to Hayward for missing that FT and tripping on D. I love the kid but man that was irksome. Oh wait, wrong game... well I hadn't gotten that off my chest yet anyway so meh