What's new

Game 68: Jazz at Rockets

The heats win streak is more than half of our total wins. In fact, if the heat break that record of 33 their streak will have just about equalled our total wins for the season.

Kanter, 0 min in the second half while Al watched the Rockets drive for game warm up lay ups time after time. I can't handle Corbin, the guy is so lost its not even funny.

What is weird is that Locke also tweeted the following after the game:
Every player on the Jazz bench standing and cheering the Jazz 5 on the floor leading this comeback #UTAatHOU

That's true. I watched the run and Foye/Tinsley are the ones up. Paul looks disinterested for sure, didn't get a shot of Mo or Watson.

Watched the run only and not the game. Noticed a few things

-Burks/Hayward/Marvin/Favors is the best defensive lineup we have. Enough so that they hid Jefferson pretty well. Marvin completely shut out Harden.
-Hayward was very aggressive. There's a few games I remember from D-Will where he completely ran and directed the offense and was aggressive as hell. Miracle in Miami was one of them along with one of the Denver playoff series. Hayward didn't run it as well as D-Will did, but he directed and ran it as well as I've seen anyone do it since Deron.
Not saying Hayward is D-Will or anything like that, but this offense needs a ball-handler to take charge and make calls and that's what Hayward was doing in this run.

Watched the run only and not the game. Noticed a few things

-Burks/Hayward/Marvin/Favors is the best defensive lineup we have. Enough so that they hid Jefferson pretty well. Marvin completely shut out Harden.
-Hayward was very aggressive. There's a few games I remember from D-Will where he completely ran and directed the offense and was aggressive as hell. Miracle in Miami was one of them along with one of the Denver playoff series. Hayward didn't run it as well as D-Will did, but he directed and ran it as well as I've seen anyone do it since Deron.
Not saying Hayward is D-Will or anything like that, but this offense needs a ball-handler to take charge and make calls and that's what Hayward was doing in this run.

Good notes.

Two things should be abundantly clear. First, Millsap was told at the trading deadline he was going to be moved. That is why he missed practice and was meeting with the GM. When the trade did not happen, Millsap learned its just a business and is just in it for himself. He has to improve his stock for free agency and he could care less about playing team ball.

Second, and most troubling, the Jazz have every intention of bringing Al back next season. There simply is no other justification as to why Corbin is playing him so much at the expense of Kanter. We are going to have Al for four more seasons. Sure it will be on a good contract, but its still four more years with Al. My Jazz fandom will not survive.

I think the only rationale for giving Al minutes over Kanter is that we'll somehow be involved in a sign-and-trade with Al this summer. I feel like I'm reaching here, but that's all I can come up with.

Second, and most troubling, the Jazz have every intention of bringing Al back next season. There simply is no other justification as to why Corbin is playing him so much at the expense of Kanter. We are going to have Al for four more seasons. Sure it will be on a good contract, but its still four more years with Al. My Jazz fandom will not survive.

Please don't.... hear no evil speak no evil.....

Anyone notice that Demarre Carroll has been DNP CD for the past 3 games?

If Corbin wanted to win, he'd put Carroll in the rotation, no?

I've said this elsewhere, but I now believe that we are watching a tanking expedition. This is a controlled demolition. The Jazz are looking ahead to the draft. There must be someone they like well enough to fold this season for.

I think the only rationale for giving Al minutes over Kanter is that we'll somehow be involved in a sign-and-trade with Al this summer. I feel like I'm reaching here, but that's all I can come up with.

Good thoughts, as I never thought of that.
I do expect the Jazz to use Jefferson in some sort of way this summer. Weather it be a sign and trade or resigning him to a much smaller contract.

Even if Jefferson is resigned, who says that he doesn't end up coming off of the bench?
I seriously don't think Dennis Lindsey and Kevin O'Conner will just let Kanter walk.

They will either start Kanter at some point next season over Jefferson, or they will trade him for a couple good players.

Well, it's good to see that Corbin saw the light and went full stealth tank by giving 43 minutes to Al.