What's new

Game 68: Jazz at Rockets

It's GAMEDAY!

Current Standings:
6. GS 39-30 13.0GB
7. HOU 36-31 15.0GB
8. LAL 36-33 16.0GB
9. UTA 34-33 17.0GB

Doing the road trip from Austin to Houston tomorrow to make this Jazz-Rockets classic matchup.

PROJECTED STARTERS

UTAH JAZZ
View attachment 2156
JEFFERSON
MILLSAP
WILLIAMS
FOYE
WILLIAMS

HOUSTON ROCKETS
View attachment 2155
ASIK
MOTIEJUNAS
PARSONS
HARDEN
LIN

Here's a little throwback moment when I brought the Jazz some of my luck at Game 7 in 2007.
[video=youtube_share;_3fhpYtDU94]https://youtu.be/_3fhpYtDU94

Keys to the game:
Battle of the bigs. Apart from Jefferson, Sap and Asik the rest are relatively n00bs. Favors, Kanter, Robinson, Motiejunas, Smith etc.
How do we contain Harden? Or the perimeter in general? Harden, Lin, Delfino, Parsons all have the range in their arsenal. Have to defend the perimeter.

Last game:
Rockets got blown out on Sunday at home versus the Warriors. Were down big, cut it to single digits, but the game got away from them in the fourth and they lost by nearly 30.
The Jazz lost to a depleted Knicks squad at home. Both teams have at least one days rest, so I expect them both to come out with some fire. Jazz know they have to win 1 of 3 on this Texas triangle, if not 2 to stay in contention, this being the biggest of the three. Jazz also got blown out at home last time they played Houston in one of their biggest home losses of the season. We must avenge that loss!

Last, any signage ideas?
"Do me a Favors and give me Mo G-Time!"
Did Hayward get moved back to the bench?
Another road game...doesn't matter who the opponent is, it's gonna end bad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
agree. Houston is a good team with a full compliment, if we can't beat the Knicks at home with them missing there two starting front court guys and Antheny, what chance in hell is there we can beat the Rockets on the road?

As long as Mo and Al play big minutes, we should get blown out by 25+

Honestly we've been horrid on offense since Mo returned. Can't believe I'm going to say this, but we are better off with Tinsley.

David Locke @Lockedonsports Jazz are the 9th best team in NBA defending the 3 at home but 29th on the road - Rockets use 35% of possessions to shoot a 3---That ought to work out well tonight.

David Locke @Lockedonsports Rockets are the fastest pace team in the NBA #UTA The Jazz playing Alfense have got to be one of the slowest.

Bill Oram @tribjazz The Jazz have gone 35 days since their last time on the road: Feb. 13 at Minnesota. I wonder if the trade deadline would have gone differently had the Jazz lost that game. Not a lot of hope tonight, but I guess there is always a chance.

David Locke @Lockedonsports Rockets are starting Dontas Montiejunas at power forward I loved Monti going into that draft. It took him some time but the Rockets have him starting and he has shown some signs of being an actual NBA player....much better than Jan Vesey.

a team with big al playing 38 minutes will never ever ever win a championship.
satan can do nothing about it.
not even the almighty God(s) can do anything about that
Remember the joke about God having all the great players, but Satan has the referees?
Jazz definitely had a championship taken away with blown or no-calls.

Does Houston have any of those "immovable object" players like Hayes or Thomas? The kind that brings what little offense we have to a grinding halt? If not maybe there's a chance for a W.

[url[/MEDIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCFB2akLh4s[/url]

Thomas Robinson is pretty raw, but has the ability to make some big defensive plays as seen here. Considering how young the Rockets are at the four, depending on performance he may get decent minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nAU58fw_Bc

How does Houston view the game:

"Houston's not going to feel sorry for us," Corbin said. "We go to San Antonio (Friday) and then Dallas (Sunday), and those guys aren't going to feel sorry for us, either. If we feel sorry for ourselves, it's going to be a long trip. We have to pick ourselves up and lay everything we have out there on the floor."

Hell, there's the problem! Corbin screws up the cliche's. It's supposed to be: "and leave everything we have out there on the floor." Here I've been perplexed by our team's lack of pride and them laying down for the opposing team, only to discover that they were just following Corbin's instructions.

......I have it on a good source that Corbin had a great practice session with the boys yesterday....and has declared that they now have an offensive SYSTEM that will produce high percentage shots, plenty of assists and low turnovers! This, after the first 67 games were being used to get acquainted as a team!

the world is ending. carolinajazz actually posted something that made me laugh.

a dutch tank for you

Dutch_tank.jpg

LMAO. Everyone said I was crazy when I said trading Harris and signing Mo was a bad idea. I knew we would not make it back to the playoffs without a real PG.

LMAO. Everyone said I was crazy when I said trading Harris and signing Mo was a bad idea. I knew we would not make it back to the playoffs without a real PG.

We were doing better with Mo prior to injury. Injuries are unpredictable and happens to all teams though. Oh, but we LOVED Mo after beating SAS...

We were doing better with Mo prior to injury. Injuries are unpredictable and happens to all teams though. Oh, but we LOVED Mo after beating SAS...

I loved that we won, but didn't like the fact that he'd thrown up ill-advised shots late in that game before his buzzer-beater.