What's new

Game #7 - Utah Jazz vs Phoenix Suns - 11/10/12 - 7:00 PM MST, Root Sports - 1280AM/97.5 FM

OK GVC, I looked it up and the Stats support what I was saying about Jefferson in the 4th quarters so far. This year:

16-21 from the floor for 76%
10 Rebounds
4-4 from the FT line
3 Fouls
2 TO's
2 Asst.

So in the 4th he has been great offensively, We both agree he sucks defensively. And so far if his stats are that good in the 4th imagine how bad he has sucked the rest of the game to only be shooting 42% for the season. Anyway, just to let you know

Disclaimer: I know it was the Suns on a back to back.

The offense runs much better with Tinsley. He can't start because he can't guard 3/4 of the starting PG's in the league, but it's nice to watch a true PG for once.

The offense is still horrible. But it looked great in the 1st when we ran it through the post with Al and Sap. We never really went back to it after that and you could see the problems. We were just much better on the break than the Suns who looked a little sluggish.

I wasn't talking about the look, I was talking about the Vibe.

I got that, just joking around there. But just listen to Brown next time and you will get the vibe that something perverse is going on behind closed doors.
pearls_before_swine_rock_the_banana_hammock_large.jpg
24969394.jpg

For anyone with a DVR, look back at around 3:30 in the 1st. Al got the ball on the left block, and not one player rotated to his side. The spacing was absurd -- Favors literally out of bounds under the basket, Marvin and Hayward about 10 feet apart on the other side, and Tinsley not even at the center arc. The WHOLE team was on the opposite side of the court, and nobody moved.

The beauty of the play is that it went back to Al on the left block after a miss. Same exact alignment with nobody doing anything.

This happened over and over whether it was Al/Sap/Favors/Kanter. It's obvious Ty has not coached this team on what to do when the ball goes into the block.

Marvin Williams had a nice drive towards the end of the game. I hope he never does it again. And we need to stop posting him immediately because he can't do it. He's got no handle, he can't post, and he should concentrate on his spot up shooting.

I hope Hayward plays 40 minutes a night from here on out. He's a very mediocre offensive player, but he makes up for the lack of offense we run a lot. He makes good passes and often compensates for the fact nobody else knows what to do. Hayward is missing everything right now, but he knows how to play basketball.

Last thing I'll say is I dread Mo coming back. He's not a good point guard, and it's in his head to be the leading scorer. My most cynical thought is he's an older guy playing for his last big contract. Mostly I just think he won't ever play the game like Tinsley did tonight -- concentrate first on getting guys easy buckets, second on his own offense. I feel like Mo is trying to prove...this year...that he's always been great and never had the spotlight. That's rarely a good guy to have on your team.

Marvin Williams had a nice drive towards the end of the game. I hope he never does it again. And we need to stop posting him immediately because he can't do it. He's got no handle, he can't post, and he should concentrate on his spot up shooting.

It may be match up prohibitive at times - but The Jazz should look to finish with Millsap, Jefferson and Favors more often

Marvin tends to disappear in the game for long stretches.

It may be match up prohibitive at times - but The Jazz should look to finish with Millsap, Jefferson and Favors more often

Marvin tends to disappear in the game for long stretches.

Marvin is mostly invisible ALL the time. And I no longer care about matchup issues. Al/Sap/Favors should close every half and game and should become our majority lineup until it proves it doesn't work. It doesn't matter if it's great, only better than what we have, and I haven't seen any lineup better than that. Then Ty can pick and choose who he wants at the 2, likely Hayward. And frankly that lineup would be better with Tinsley but I really dislike Mo so I'm biased.

One thing I saw tonight which I saw alot last year when Devin Harris was hurt - Tinsley is essentially useless once he passes the 25minute mark. He just doesn't have the legs any more. Although I'm still trying to figure out what kind of offense he was trying to execute in the 4th when Phoenix was making their run.

Someone should inform Jamaal that the days of going four corners are long gone.

For anyone with a DVR, look back at around 3:30 in the 1st. Al got the ball on the left block, and not one player rotated to his side. The spacing was absurd -- Favors literally out of bounds under the basket, Marvin and Hayward about 10 feet apart on the other side, and Tinsley not even at the center arc. The WHOLE team was on the opposite side of the court, and nobody moved.

The beauty of the play is that it went back to Al on the left block after a miss. Same exact alignment with nobody doing anything.

This happened over and over whether it was Al/Sap/Favors/Kanter. It's obvious Ty has not coached this team on what to do when the ball goes into the block.

And you're surprised by this? Listen, anyone who's played any sort of competitive sport at a fairly higher level knows, if they're being truly objective about it, that this is happening either because Ty isn't coaching such in practice (not likely), that he is but hasn't sunk in which is even worse, or that he has but that he continues to try to remedy the situation in subsequent practices but it still doesn't get any better which is the worst of all and sadly, most likely.

Listen, it's not rocket science. The guy can't coach. Thankfully for him, we're semi-loaded in the frontcourt, and have some talented wings who will be able to win him a minimum of 38 or so games which will likely be enough to win him a new contract on what he and the organization will spin as a youthful group growing in what is a "difficult Western conference."

Last thing I'll say is I dread Mo coming back. He's not a good point guard, and it's in his head to be the leading scorer. My most cynical thought is he's an older guy playing for his last big contract. Mostly I just think he won't ever play the game like Tinsley did tonight -- concentrate first on getting guys easy buckets, second on his own offense. I feel like Mo is trying to prove...this year...that he's always been great and never had the spotlight. That's rarely a good guy to have on your team.
Yep. Sure would be nice to have a starting caliber point guard.

Yep. Sure would be nice to have a starting caliber point guard.

As Tinsley proved tonight, 'starting caliber' is less the goal than any PG with the mindset of being a Pg. Although Mo won't ever have Tinsley's vision, he could still play like a PG trying to set the team up and picking his spots. What killed me tonight was watching Tinsley consistently find bigs down low or shooters on drive and kicks. Mo so rarely does that.

I was about to punch the screen of my computer with Tinsley in. His pace was absurdly slow, and he never pushed the ball at all. He can't score or defend. The fact that Al had a good game, was about the only reason Tinsley had as many assists as he did. Toward the end of the game, Phoenix had figured out that they don't need to guard Tinsley, so we were playing 4 on 5. I'm all for 18, 7 vs 0, 14.