Game #76. Wizards at Jazz 7pm mtn

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by mellow, Mar 29, 2019.

1. NAOS

NAOS Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    You have wicked limbo skills to get under that low bar.

2. JazzyFresh

JazzyFresh Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    Meh. Truthfully your act of telling everyone how to act is tiresome. That's all you seem to do.

3. fargon_sneaky_bastage

fargon_sneaky_bastage Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Hopefully she's feeling better now. I hate the stomach virus, especially when my kids get it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JazzFanz mobile app

4. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Jazz dont play until Monday.....sigh.

So....

cute. adjective
    1. 1.
      attractive in a pretty or endearing way.
      synonyms: endearing, adorable, lovable, sweet, lovely, appealing, engaging, delightful, dear, darling, winning, winsome, charming, enchanting;
      attractive,pretty, as pretty as a picture;
      chocolate-box;
      bonny;
      informalcutesy, dinky, twee,pretty-pretty, adorbs
      "a picture of a cute kitten"
    Would you say KK is more adorable or winsome?

For the record I like KK and I agree the entire jazz media group would benefit from some directing.

5. One Brow

One Brow Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    It's a shame that typing out words with respect and dignity is such a challenge for you. Perhaps a course is remedial English will help?

firegirl likes this.
  6. firegirl

firegirl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Just standing up for women is all. Go ahead and fight me on it.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

silesian likes this.
  7. firegirl

Mar 3, 2017
    I was just hoping she could be admired for more than the way she looks. That's it. Like, how she's been able to achieve a really cool goal of being a sideline reporter in a male dominated industry. That's pretty badass imo.

8. firegirl

Mar 3, 2017
    She's much better now!

fargon_sneaky_bastage likes this.
  9. firegirl

Mar 3, 2017
    Standing up for a woman is childish now? OK, gotcha. Didn't realize.

10. firegirl

Mar 3, 2017
    I agree with this!

11. mellow

mellow Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I would judge her basketball knowledge to be on par with Bolerjack and her presence slightly ahead. But lets be honest neither one of them was hired because of his or her basketball insights.

12. JazzyFresh

Feb 19, 2015
    Calling a woman cute is not a malicious or terrible thing to do. I did nothing wrong at all.

13. Gameface

Gameface All-Jazzfanz First Team! Contributor 2018 Award Winner

May 25, 2010
    But to say that KK was hired because she's "cute" is also not correct.

She is a college athlete (soccer) and has had a passion for sports broadcasting. While in college she bought nosebleed season tickets to the Miami Heat and reported for her college TV station, and eventually got interviews with Shaq and D-Wade. She covered the olympics in London and did a critically acclaimed documentary on Tanzania in Africa where she contracted life threatening malaria. She is from the east coast but was familiar with Utah because she and her father took many ski trips here.

Being able to talk on national live television in any kind of coherent way is a ****ing skill. Say what you will, she is a professional in sports broadcasting and she does it pretty much exactly well enough to work for a small market NBA franchise, with the potential to possibly move to a mid-market NBA team. So enjoy her while we have her. She's a 1000% improvement over Steve Brown. Not just because she is attractive, and she is, but because she's better at the job. SHE IS BETTER AT THE JOB. There's no two ways about it. SHE IS BETTER AT THE JOB. It is a demanding highly skilled job and she does it very well.

I used info in my own summarized words, but directly from this https://www.kristenkenney.com/

NUMBERICA and fishonjazz like this.
  14. JazzyFresh

Feb 19, 2015
    That's not what I said. This is what I quoted

"The most celebrated sideline basketball sideline reporter, Craig Sager, was all about personality, the feelgood attitude, the flashy clothes."

Like Craig Sager his job was to look good and ask simple(stupid) questions. This is no different for KK. Their job, male or female, is to ask these questions at the end of the game and entertain, not write a novel documentary.

I agree that she's done a ton and earned her role, she's an awesome individual that deserves and has worked her *** off for everything she has. That's 100% awesome. But to take my comment out of context is ********. Her standing there looking cute and asking stupid questions, is no different than Steve Brown standing there looking handsome and asking stupid questions, or Craig Sager.

15. Gameface

May 25, 2010
    I didn't quote you...

Your last post went up while I was typing.

16. JazzyFresh

Feb 19, 2015
    The "cute" thing was all due to my post. Mellow was simply pointing out it's not a terrible thing to call somebody. He never once said "she was hired because she was cute". Nobody did.

17. Gameface

May 25, 2010
    But since now we are talking about KK with each other, she actually has done some documentary. One in which she got life-threatening malaria, which was the inspiration for a non-profit that works to fight malaria.

And JazzyFresh, I don't have any issues with you or what you've said. I respect your point of view on this and consider it to be very reasonable. I don't want to argue with you about this because it would just push me into a more extreme position than I really believe in.

JazzyFresh likes this.
  18. JazzyFresh

Feb 19, 2015
    KK is awesome in my opinion and I'm glad to have her. She seems to be a genuinely good soul and she has a "cute" personality and is very attractive. Personally I think she does her job just fine, that's all I was trying to point out. Sorry you got caught in my crossfire.

fishonjazz and Gameface like this.
  19. Spinoza

Spinoza Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    That's all you really seem to be interested in - - fighting people over political correctness. When was your last good post providing Jazz basketball analysis? Ironically, the only reason you get away with being a garbage poster is because of your gender.

20. Spinoza

Spinoza Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    Perhaps. Any good recommendations? I would love to be able to actually discuss the Jazz in a Jazz forum with clarity and understanding.