What's new

Game Of Thrones

Are they? Im bad at remembering lore and stuff, but I thought we were just talking about #'s for battles. Aren't the Frey's fairly large?

Yeah, fairly large and they control an extremely important river crossing.

So it seems like they are starting to nail down a release date for the book.

https://www.parentherald.com/articl...if-bombshell-before-game-thrones-season-7.htm

Says Q1 2017, just before the beginning of the next season of GoT.

I'm very excited about the book, despite the spoilers from the show. There are a number of ways in which the stories have diverged and I expect the plot and delivery of the books to be considerably more sophisticated.

In the books Sansa is not and does not seem to be headed for Ramsey's Winterfell to be married to him. So that whole plotline is most likely going to be absent from the books. The Greyjoy storyline is pretty different as well. Oh and Brienne, last we saw her in the books, was hanging from a tree by the hands of Lady Stoneheart who considered he to have not fulfilled her oath. And so in the books there's this whole character, Lady Stoneheart, whom it doesn't seem like they will include in the TV show at all.

Books are always better than the show, but I think it'll especially be the case now that the show is blazing it's own path. In previous seasons the cheesiest stuff was always stuff that wasn't in the books and the best stuff was usually pulled right off the page. Season 6 of the show was a bit hurried, clunky and cheap. More soap opera with dragons and zombies than any previous season. People teleporting all over the place, time traveling, being dumb.

If we are talking numbers than yeah that helps. Especially if they are under the control of the Lannisters.

Who leads them now that Walder and his oldest sons are gone?

His house is still cursed. Arya is still out there.

Who leads them now that Walder and his oldest sons are gone?

His house is still cursed. Arya is still out there.

Exactly. No clue.

Also who controls Storms Landing? That might be a way to further strengthen the Lannisters as they look the weakest right now.

Edit: I really hope that Bran and Arya meet back up with John and Sansa. Those two would be a great boon to his forces.

Did anyone pick up on the fact that there has been retribution against all who took part in the Red Wedding?

In the Red Wedding the Starks people were killed by crossbow, Robb was stabbed in the stomach and Catelyn had her throat cut.

Tywin was shot by his own son with a crossbow

Roose Bolton was stabbed in the stomach by his own son

Walder Frey was fed his sons in a pie and then had his throat cut

Don't **** with Guest Right

• The Rat Cook, a legendary figure who allegedly lived centuries ago, who killed the son of a King while they were guests at the Nightfort. He then baked the flesh of the King's son into a meat pie, and served it back to his own father, who unwittingly enjoyed it so much that he asked for a second piece. The gods were not offended by the murder (as a man has a right to vengeance), nor even by the cooking of the son into a pie, but for violating the protection of guest right, as the laws of hospitality are sacred above all others.[SUP][1][/SUP]

I was thinking Lancel Lannister was omni-present, being everywhere a faith militant is but then I saw Varys in Dorne and the on a ship sailing from Mereen. **** travelling.

When I saw the pie and the girl said they are here, I thought finally the Manderlys are in the fray. Never thought I would see a Manderly after it turned out she was Arya but then there came a Manderly(plot twist). How quick is travelling in this show?

R+L=J confirmed.

Jamie will kill Cersei, that much is clear.

Next season will start with a Dothraki vomiting from a ship.

That would clear the way for Jamie and Brianne.

Exactly. No clue.

Also who controls Storms Landing? That might be a way to further strengthen the Lannisters as they look the weakest right now.

Edit: I really hope that Bran and Arya meet back up with John and Sansa. Those two would be a great boon to his forces.

They look weak? They are the richest and they have the nicest looking place. (right?) They always look strong AF. The weakest looks like Jon and the North. They have heart for sure, but no way they have the numbers or resources of the Lannisters. Does anyone?

They look weak? They are the richest and they have the nicest looking place. (right?) They always look strong AF. The weakest looks like Jon and the North. They have heart for sure, but no way they have the numbers or resources of the Lannisters. Does anyone?

Danny

Does she even have more people though? I know she has a lot, but you'd figure some of those people die at sea (I'm assuming a battle at sea happens with Theon's uncle).

IDK, it't just King's Landing always looks huge compared to everywhere else on the show and much nicer. Do they ever address the population of the armys in the books?

Did anyone pick up on the fact that there has been retribution against all who took part in the Red Wedding?

In the Red Wedding the Starks people were killed by crossbow, Robb was stabbed in the stomach and Catelyn had her throat cut.

Tywin was shot by his own son with a crossbow

Roose Bolton was stabbed in the stomach by his own son

Walder Frey was fed his sons in a pie and then had his throat cut

Don't **** with Guest Right

Hmmm, of course people also think there is something behind the Direwolves name so who knows.

Does she even have more people though? I know she has a lot, but you'd figure some of those people die at sea (I'm assuming a battle at sea happens with Theon's uncle).

IDK, it't just King's Landing always looks huge compared to everywhere else on the show and much nicer. Do they ever address the population of the armys in the books?

Dude, how can anyone battle her at sea? Her dragons are a pretty massive advantage when she also has a **** ton of ships.

Also like to add they are finally out from under the rule of incest born Kings who seemed to be mentally impaired.

Dude, how can anyone battle her at sea? Her dragons are a pretty massive advantage when she also has a **** ton of ships.

Well isn't Theon's uncle suppose to be a master at sea? I'd assume he injures some of the dragons somehow with some kind of Moby Dick harpoon and they have to retreat to heal, leaving Dany alone to fight at sea. IDK. Something dramatic has to happen in a battle with Dany because at the end of the day dragons are the ultimate trump card and makes every battle unfair, boring, and predictable.