What's new

Game thread: Game #24 : Utah Jazz at Indiana, Tuesday 02/07/2012 5:00 PM MST

Absolutely, 100%, this! I have no idea what the hell Corbin was thinking by putting Howard in. Granger got hot with Howard guarding him, and Ty sat Hayward for almost the entire fourth quarter when it was Hayward who was a huge spark in the run in the third quarter. Just have no idea why Howard was in.

....Corbin is clueless, and this head coaching gig is WAY over his head.

I was surprised the jazz made it as close as they did. Indiana is a good team, and they got the edge from the refs many times. \\\\

Odd that Kanter and Favors look so good against Pacers and Lakers, and so poor against the Knicks.

Al Jefferson is the WORST PLAYER IN OUR TEAM. PLEASE, KOC. TRADE HIM

And Corbin... Corbin was terrible.. WHY CORBIN? WHY? In the clutch time he take out Kanter, Favors and Watson! This kill the team. THERE IS NO REASON

Al Jefferson is the WORST PLAYER IN OUR TEAM. PLEASE, KOC. TRADE HIM

And Corbin... Corbin was terrible.. WHY CORBIN? WHY? In the clutch time he take out Kanter, Favors and Watson! This kill the team. THERE IS NO REASON

To Ty's defense, Watson asked for the timeout. He was gassed.

On a different note, did they even have 10k at the game tonight? Sad for a team playing that well.

- I'm not buying "the effort was there" thing tonight. Starters are starting to set the tone, and in this team's case, set an example for youngsters. Also, the game is 48 mins long; the Jazz are not talented enough to take quarters, mins off, or take an off night defensively and rely on offense, to compete. That time will come but if this team plays to win; that's the way. I did not expect a playoff run from this team, still am thinking so; but this team has become unbearable to watch on road games.

- After 8-10 mins into the game; floor spacing and floor spreading becomes non-existent because teams just leave shooters open. Some would say how overrated floor spacing thing is but here's a great example of that.

- This is rare for me but I think that Coach Corbin's substitutions were questionable in NYK and IND games. First of all, NYK game was a must win after 'Melo left the game. So; starters got you back into the game in 3rd Q. Let them play 35-40 mins to win that for you. It was obvious that Enes and Favors had a hard time defending PnR's from the top, from high post. Secondly, BigAl's non-existent defense against Hibbert was so terrible that it should have led to game finishing mins for Enes. He gave a quick "how to defend a bigger, longer center" lesson to BigAl. Thirdly; what was that Hayward-in & Hayward-out sequence? WTF coach? Hayward was stellar defensively through 3 quarters and provided consistent scoring. However, taking in/out players when there's 3 1/2 mins left should require much more than just "gut feeling".

- Millsap was a no-show mosty. He has had to carry to much load on his shoulders and now he, not surprisingly, is having a hard time meeting the expectations. Teams really try to wear him out, make him work for every basket, he is the number 1 threat for opponent defenses. I'm curious to see what his response will be. I remember that teams put smaller guys on Memo after '06-07 season, and he literally would just stand behind the 3pt line etc. He worked w/ coach Corbin and added a new , reliable move to his repertoire each year since then. That's what I'm expecting from Paul.

- BigAl's defense was terrible, he just did not do anything to bother Hibbert, make him take shots out of his comfort zone. Boozer at least would have played a trap-game against Hibbert. But I cannot say the same thing for what he did offensively for the most part of the game. The Jazz desperately gave him the ball, praying that he would score on 1-on-1. Who is more responsible for that? Wings, guards not moving off the ball or not making a freakin' outside shot to keep perimeter defenses from constant double/triple teaming and to keep them honest? I guess, yes.

- I'm proud of Enes. He is a smart defensive player, who reads the game, knows his weaknesses well and try to pick things up fast. However, he is not ready to play 30 mins of basketball right now. You see how intense and hard he plays but he cannot keep that up for more than 20-22 mins for now. Do not compare him w/ college products who are used to play games twice a week, are used to playing 30+ min games.

- I believe that a Giricek/Korver type trade would do wonders for this team.

The Jazz came from a 21 point deficit. That takes effort. Unfortunately, we played a game last night also. It took too much out of us and we weren't able to win the game. We can't dig huge holes on the road. If that was a home game I guarantee we win it, just can't play that way on the road and expect a victory.

- Millsap was a no-show mosty. He has had to carry to much load on his shoulders and now he, not surprisingly, is having a hard time meeting the expectations. Teams really try to wear him out, make him work for every basket, he is the number 1 threat for opponent defenses. I'm curious to see what his response will be. I remember that teams put smaller guys on Memo after '06-07 season, and he literally would just stand behind the 3pt line etc. He worked w/ coach Corbin and added a new , reliable move to his repertoire each year since then. That's what I'm expecting from Paul.

Facutally WRONG
Sap played SUPERB DEFENSE.
took 7 shots compared to Big all,s 15
scored a team leading 18 points
Had team leading 10 rebounds
4 assists.

so facutally wrong

BURKS!?!

Just want to see the kid get some playing time. Win or lose. I said it in chat, but next year we are potentially getting 3 rookies. Need to keep developing the youth this year cause there are more coming.

BURKS!?!

Just want to see the kid get some playing time. Win or lose. I said it in chat, but next year we are potentially getting 3 rookies. Need to keep developing the youth this year cause there are more coming.

I'd rather see him than Josh Howard on most nights.

The Jazz came from a 21 point deficit. That takes effort. Unfortunately, we played a game last night also. It took too much out of us and we weren't able to win the game. We can't dig huge holes on the road. If that was a home game I guarantee we win it, just can't play that way on the road and expect a victory.

Oh please. The starters were down 11 at the half, and managed to play themselves into a 21 point hole in a couple of minutes. THAT take effort. They managed to get it back to around 11 before the bench took over and made it a game. The starters then subbed back in, and the game got out of hand within a couple more mins. It had nothing to do with being winded, emotionally drained, robbed by refs, or any other excuse.

Oh please. The starters were down 11 at the half, and managed to play themselves into a 21 point hole in a couple of minutes. THAT take effort. They managed to get it back to around 11 before the bench took over and made it a game. The starters then subbed back in, and the game got out of hand within a couple more mins. It had nothing to do with being winded, emotionally drained, robbed by refs, or any other excuse.

Not following.

Not following.

The game was lost because of Corbin's spineless subs to give away the game, and Jefferson for giving away the game. The rest played just fine. It had nothing to do with whatever you said about road games or being tired.

Facutally WRONG
Sap played SUPERB DEFENSE.
took 7 shots compared to Big all,s 15
scored a team leading 18 points
Had team leading 10 rebounds
4 assists.

so facutally wrong

Where did you get the impression that I said Paul played BAD defense. He got his hands full with Tyler, West and an always ready wing to bother him when he puts the ball on the floor. He did get 18 but he busted his tail off to get baskets. Teams are well aware of what he has done against premier, high-caliber PFs of the game; so the defensive setups highly respects him. This is not a knock on Paul.

Maybe I should have used something other than "no-show", I do not know; but it seemed to me his 18/10 was not as effective and impressive as you mentioned.

Maybe I should have used something other than "no-show", I do not know; but it seemed to me his 18/10 was not as effective and impressive as you mentioned.
It's getting awfully hard for Al and Paul to go to work, as opposing perimeter players are just collapsing on them, even when they don't have the ball. Hell, people around here are starting to think CJ is playing well, but it's only because the Jazz don't have a single competent perimeter player (that is, Earl should not be any team's best 1/2/3...ick).

Also, it was really nice to see both Favors and Kanter calling for the ball in the post (I was super frustrated when Earl decided to call Kanter out for a screen on one of these occasions...Kanter had incredible position down low, and the PnR went absolutely nowhere). They both really wanted to win tonight.

OK, just got back from the game.

Why the Heck was Hayward out almost the whole 4th.

Played a great 3rd and was taken out like there was a set time to do it after 4 quick pts.

I would have closed with Hayward / Miles , not Howard/Miles.

Ty lot this game with coaching moves.

BTW -Pacers fans did it right. LOUD ovation for Hayward in intros, once the game started, they all rooted for Pacers. Unlike how we handled Jimmer.

BTW -Pacers fans did it right. LOUD ovation for Hayward in intros, once the game started, they all rooted for Pacers. Unlike how we handled Jimmer.
Big difference. Hayward was born in Indiana, played HS ball in Indiana, and played at Butler in Indiana. Even people who aren't Butler fans probably jump on board because he's home-grown and the run to the NCAA championship game.

Fredette is not a home-grown Utah boy making good, and only a portion of the state (BYU fans) considers him "their" guy. Another large portion (Utah fans) boo him as an extension of the Utah-BYU rivalry. No worries.