What's new

GAME THREAD: Jazz at Hawks 11/15/2015 6pm EST

That seems to be his "go-to" move right now. Take it inside, then twist his body in the air as he throws it back out to whoever is setting up for a 3Pt attempt.

In the first 9 games it appeared that QS made room in his offense for Hayward to freelance and try to create opportunities - looks like they put a lid on that a bit last night.

It will be amazing how much Hayward's game will improve once other teams start thinking, "Who is this Alec Burks and why are we single covering him?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o80FwcovUlI

That shot from the elbow and the late P&R were so encouraging for his offensive development. That's really what this team has needed since Paul Millsap left. It was definitely "Malone-esq"

The good news is we have a very solid starting five (with Exum as our PG). Once we upgrade our bench with a few more, better players we're going to be scary. Hood, Favors and Burks have improved a ton this season.

The good news is we have a very solid starting five (with Exum as our PG). Once we upgrade our bench with a few more, better players we're going to be scary. Hood, Favors and Burks have improved a ton this season.

Why are people underestimating our bench still. It's been very good of late. Even Burke is much improved.

I like how Locke spends most of Tip Off today "showing" stuff from the game and then only posts the audio version. I don't listen to his Tip Off very often but thought today might have some interesting stuff.

Rudy slipped. Got lucky!

He didn't slip. It's called Phantom Defense. Works almost every time. Brilliant move by Rudy. Absolutely Brilliant. I would not have thought of that. That is the only reason I am not in the NBA... That and I'm old, fat and lazy and suck at shooting, in prison etc.....

He didn't slip. It's called Phantom Defense. Works almost every time. Brilliant move by Rudy. Absolutely Brilliant. I would not have thought of that. That is the only reason I am not in the NBA... That and I'm old, fat and lazy and suck at shooting, in prison etc.....
Lol

Also, a think a big reason Burke doesnt finish games is because Quin wants to run a switching defense. Kind of hard to do with Trey.

Fair point. However the team IMO needed Burke on the court down the stretch. Won anyways which is ultimately the end goal, but I don't think it's even that close with Trey on the court. Dude has been really good for this team so far.

You were always more of the hands on type.

Just watched the game again. Jazz played really well and so did the Hawks. We're sometimes too harsh with Jazz players.

Not many teams would have won this game.

Yes, Yes, Millsap was so surprised that he was open that he missed the shot. Thus proving that Gobert is the best defensive player in the NBA.

Hey, after a couple of heartbreak losses to Cleveland and Miami, Utah was due for a close win. Maybe it was good Gobert fell down. There was no way a silly foul could be called on Utah.

Oh great. Hawks just lost to the Nets.
This pissed me off.
I had a three team parlay going. Knicks had to lose (or win) by less than 1.5 (they won outright)
Miami needed to score less than 102 pts. (They only scored in the low 90's)
And the hawks needed to win by 6.