What's new

Game Thread - Jazz @ Heat 4 PM MTN

Wtf are you complaining about exactly?
Seems like we could use a little bit of Allen when guys aren't making shots. He actually played decent defense the last time I saw him.

Also, Whiteside hasn't played a 4th quarter in weeks. But the Jazz didn't send him to the line. He was 1-6 on his FT's. Make him a liability so the Heat have to take him out. That opens up the inside for Rudy, since the Jazz were cold from outside. Did Hassan attempt any FT's in the 4th? His last one was on an and-1, IIRC, which he missed. I think it was either late 3rd or very early 4th. Hack-a-Hassan could have been a very effective strategy.

These are the types of games that keep teams out of the playoffs. Jazz haven't been able to close teams out. Live and learn, I suppose.

Don't you wish we had drafted a rookie who could shoot so Quin could use him when the rest of the team couldn't make baskets? It would be nice to have a guy like that to come off the bench.

Lindsey and Quin need to get on the same page during the draft.
If only Sllen could play any D st all

I think Mitchell needs more time off the ball so the offense can flow a bit more through Ingles or Rubio. Between him and Crowder just jacking shots tonight I don't think the other guys got into any rhythm.

What happened to Neto?

edit: no one got into rhythm except for Rubio obv, dude was great.

Seems like we could use a little bit of Allen when guys aren't making shots. He actually played decent defense the last time I saw him.

Also, Whiteside hasn't played a 4th quarter in weeks. But the Jazz didn't send him to the line. He was 1-6 on his FT's. Make him a liability so the Heat have to take him out. That opens up the inside for Rudy, since the Jazz were cold from outside. Did Hassan attempt any FT's in the 4th? His last one was on an and-1, IIRC, which he missed. I think it was either late 3rd or very early 4th. Hack-a-Hassan could have been a very effective strategy.

These are the types of games that keep teams out of the playoffs. Jazz haven't been able to close teams out. Live and learn, I suppose.
Allen has played like horse **** in games with no pressure during blowouts, he isnt going to get put into a tight game.

Tough game to lose. Donovan had a rough night and Rudy let Whiteside get the best of him. It's hard to win games when you're two best players have off nights. If we can somehow end the calendar year at .500 I'll be happy. Our early schedule is brutal.

Tough game to lose. Donovan had a rough night and Rudy let Whiteside get the best of him. It's hard to win games when you're two best players have off nights. If we can somehow end the calendar year at .500 I'll be happy. Our early schedule is brutal.
Yeah, but this was one of the easy games.

Tings should be a lot better once Korver gets acclimated. The offense seems to sputter with him in when they run half-court sets. Korver is running into guys and not sue where to go.

If only Sllen could play any D st all
If only the rest of the team could play offense. It's not like the players Utah had in there were pitching a shutout. I could understand maintaining the status quo if it's 5-0 in 10 mins. But 20-0? Bad offense leads to easier buckets for the other team. Allen was switching ok the last time I saw him. He's a rookie. Bound to make a few mistakes. He can also handle the ball. And that was part of the problem, right, having Mitchell try to be the PG? Why not have two ballhandlers in the game with an Allen/Mitchell backcourt?

This loss was half on Snyder, IMO. His decisions led to that horrible offensive drought, which he may have been able to prevent with different lineups. And he failed to get Whiteside out of the game. Hassan hadn't played a 4th quarter in several games because most teas know how to take ADVANTAGE of his terrible FT shooting. Snyder...not so much. Quin needs to take some heat for this loss (pun intended).

Last edited:
Felt like they have this away. Those 8 minutes without a point was painful. Really hoped Korver could’ve had a bigger impact.
DM didn’t look great tonight, disappointed that he couldn’t get either of those last shots to go

If only the rest of the team could play offense. It's not like the players Utah had in there were pitching a shutout. I could understand maintaining the status quo if it's 5-0 in 10 mins. But 20-0? Bad offense leads to easier buckets for the other team. Allen was switching ok the last time I saw him. He's a rookie. Bound to make a few mistakes. He can also handle the ball. And that was part of the problem, right, having Mitchell try to be the PG? Why not have two ballhandlers in the game with an Allen/Mitchell backcourt?

This loss was half on Snyder, IMO. His decisions led to that horrible offensive drought, which he may have been able to prevent with different lineups. And he failed to get Whiteside out of the game.
Just listen to yourself. You aren't making any sense.

You are basically saying "The Jazz were playing poorly, so the Jazz should put in this guy who has been playing much worse than everyone else on the court all season so they can play better".

Donovan shooting woes continue. He's become a chucker with close to 0 ball movement. Shooting 28% from the 3 this year

I've been saying this for a while now, the Jazz' schedule is ****ed but people don't want to use that for an excuse here. If the Jazz are playing 0.500 ball during January/February where they get some home stands then it's time to panic. The Jazz' estimated W/L based on their strength of schedule is 9 - 14 according to ESPN, we're 11 - 13 currently.

There's some clear issues that will prevent the Jazz from being a serious title contender as currently constructed but the Jazz aren't going to be in the Zion sweepstakes.

It's pretty sad when Rubio's 3 point % is quite a bit higher than donovan for being known for his terrible shooting