What's new

Game Threads?? Jazz @ Spurs

I wrote this down as a 20 pt loss. Glad to be very wrong. The shots were falling, and we didn't fold during crunch time.

All of these wins with out Gtime are huge. Lets hope we can put the Mavs away at home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=855eJ5I6ELE
He is everywhere

Every non three point bucket was against the llama gasol. Gasol was so frustrated by hill.

He really put his stamp on this game. Does he ever breathe hard? #Mailmanfit
Good observation. He never seems to be tired. Same goes for Burks when he is healthy.

Boris can retire and move on to being a player assistant. More Lyles... More Ingles. I like having Boris around the young guys just don't want him playing basketball for us anymore.
I was saying this before the season started. I was never excited about that signing. Didn't hate it, just didn't think he would do much on the court and hoped he would rarely play meaningful minutes. Then in pre season he tried to fool me.

Also, I was not a big believer in Dante after his rookie year. I've seen enough flashes this year to open my eyes. The defense was always good enough so I wasn't worried he wasn't going to be an NBA player, but the offense was just weird. He's getting where he wants and you can tell he's lining things up and his defense was great tonight.

I agree that he looks like he will be an ok nba player. Still don't think he will be a star/franchise type player like some of the hype he has gotten from jazz fans. Still looks too awkward, tired, and scared on offense.

So far he is helping the team play winning basketball when he is on the court though so I'm happy with his play at this point.

Did anyone else notice something? We rolled the Spurs on their home court and did so without killing our starters as we play today.

J Johnson has the most minutes last night with 34.

Also game started at 6:30 not 8:30 so the team shouldn't be wiped for today v the Mavs.

Jazz had two stretches in the 4th where they did not allow a FG.

From 8:03 through 6:11 game time. Then from 3:47 through the end of the game. Shut down D!

luckily the Bourke St Mall is pretty cosmopolitan .. don't think anyone will raise an eyebrow

just bear in mind if you do see photographic evidence, it's unseasonally very chilly at the moment...
Lol

tyrone-corbin.jpg
Lol. Looks like corbin is making it rain

Good observation. He never seems to be tired. Same goes for Burks when he is healthy.

I was saying this before the season started. I was never excited about that signing. Didn't hate it, just didn't think he would do much on the court and hoped he would rarely play meaningful minutes. Then in pre season he tried to fool me.

I agree that he looks like he will be an ok nba player. Still don't think he will be a star/franchise type player like some of the hype he has gotten from jazz fans. Still looks too awkward, tired, and scared on offense.

So far he is helping the team play winning basketball when he is on the court though so I'm happy with his play at this point.

Put me down for the -think he's going to be a star- category. When you look at his highlight reel at the end of the season there will be no doubt.

One of the biggest things that I noticed is that giving Aldridge Duncan and Leonard to play defense for him has made him soft as Charmin. He used to be a lot more physical when he had to carry the load in Portland. Now he just floats on both Offense and defense. Some of that is that he is legit scared of Rudy, but it just isn't a good look for him. He actually shot out of his mind for as passive as he was playing.

Coach Q has to be licking his chops. The amount of talent and different line ups he can use is staggering. We no longer have to worry if Hayward or Favs have an off night. We have backups that are more than capable to carry the load. And having Hill is such a blessing. Makes you realize how bad its been to not have a true PG all these years

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

My favorite Hill play was where he kept Ginobli on his hip and he slowly worked into the paint, then went in for the shot. Ginobli then started complaining to the ref that Hill was fouling or some such thing.

That was my highlight. I could watch it over and over.

My favorite Hill play was where he kept Ginobli on his hip and he slowly worked into the paint, then went in for the shot. Ginobli then started complaining to the ref that Hill was fouling or some such thing.

That was my highlight. I could watch it over and over.
Considering he go two flopps already, the refs had to let it go.

Sent from my SM-G900P using JazzFanz mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=855eJ5I6ELE
He is everywhere

Remember when the Jazz had to start Raul Neto for 53 games and Trey Burke was his backup? ? ?

Yeah, me either. Who thought that was a great idea? We've got George Hill and a (mostly) healthy Dante Exum back. So glad we don't have to see that ever again.

It's not an unexpected win. Spurs weakness is clearly the guard spot until Green gets back.

Hood & Hill should have destroyed this matchup & they did

It is unexpected because the Jazz rarely win in SA no matter who is playing.