Gamethread: Game 1 of the 1st Round. Utah Jazz @ Houston Rockets. 7:30 MST

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Alfalfa, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Sandman822

Sandman822 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    This loss sucks because we lost it on the defense end and not on the offensive end. Snyder trying to use Coach Bud's plan to guard Harden ended up turning out to be the Jazz just rolling out the red carpet to the paint for Harden AND they let him get to whatever hand he wanted once he got to the paint, it was ****ing awful.

jazzETX, Jingled and Ostertag>Duncan like this.

2. firegirl

firegirl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    I don't get it.

Ostertag>Duncan likes this.
  3. RobDMB

RobDMB Well-Known Member

May 31, 2010
    Why? For being a realist? Thanks for breaking out your finest name calling.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

4. Lord Bullingdon

Lord Bullingdon Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Not me. I've been laughing at Lindsey's moves since 40 year old and Joe Johnson and Boris Diaw were the saviors.

Lindsey specializes in putting a little bandaid on some gushing wound and telling you it's gonna be alright. IDK if u just saw that game everything is far from alright. This team looks fatally flawed, again, how many tries does this guy get thats what i wanna know?

5. phippsj

phippsj Well-Known Member

May 19, 2011
    Houston has better depth, Gordon locked down Mitchel and was very physical with him, and Ingles was sub par. Korver was invisible. Jazz need better quality bench players and depth at PG, and we need another scorer. Exum would be nice gurding Harden right now.

6. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Man people need to get some ****ing perspective. Plenty of front offices have done so much worse with so much more. Utah is not a FA destination and we've got a single top five pick in decades and we're still out here in the playoffs year in and year out. We've got a solid roster that is a move or two away from contention for years to come.

Jazzta, Stoked and Ostertag>Duncan like this.
  7. firegirl

Mar 3, 2017
    Realists are what pessimists call themselves.

8. firegirl

Mar 3, 2017
    And you're welcome.

9. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Who said Ricky and Mitchell had to post up? They were switching on everything. Pick and roll until you get the matchup you want.

Jazzta likes this.
  10. nateboz

nateboz Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    There is a cool feature on this called ignore. I suggest putting her on it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Shad likes this.
  11. firegirl

Mar 3, 2017
    Can you be our new GM? You sound really smart.

12. Jazz4ever

Jazz4ever Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    I know right. Klay Thompson has been dying to sign here, even under the max, and DL keeps hanging the phoneup. </green>

13. jazfan23

jazfan23 Member

Mar 25, 2016
    I think it’s unfair to blame Rudy to much.

The idea of letting harden just waltz into the paint , drawing Rudy and dishing off for an easy dunk ‍♂️.... I love Quin but come on man ...

Thabo shoots four 3 pointers , Korver zero ....

I thought Favours played awesome

14. Stoked

Stoked Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Dec 13, 2011
    If you don’t get it then go look at all he has done. I’m scouting, in analytics, in renovating the arena, in deepening the bench, in coaching pick, in providing Utah financial flexibility for the chance to land a big player, bringing back Utah SL, establishing a Utah pipeline with a team owned GL team, getting management to pony up for the Zion training facility...

But nope. **** it all

Lmfao

Ostertag>Duncan and firegirl like this.
  15. Stoked

Stoked Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Dec 13, 2011
    Lindsey has done as much as anyone to push those team forward in the last 20 years as any single name you can come up with.

mellow likes this.
  16. nateboz

nateboz Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Lindsey is the GM. He's not the president. I think you're a bit confused about what he does.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

17. Ostertag>Duncan

Ostertag>Duncan My Members Premium Contributor 2019 Award Winner

May 26, 2010
    He's the Vlade of GM's. Jk he's the Magic of GM's without the Charisma.

18. firegirl

Mar 3, 2017
    Your takes are excellent. Nateboz and the other LOSERS don't get it. They're couch gms that don't know ****.

If they were thrown into a barrel of ******* they'd come out sucking their thumbs.

19. Shad

Shad Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Fire girl is a terrible jazzfanz poster. You think the jazz will lose a game or voice your opinion and you get slandered and name called like a 7 year old since that's probably her mentality point anyways.

20. Lord Bullingdon

Lord Bullingdon Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Years ago i'd have taken the job but at this point Utah actually couldnt pay me enough to be GM I'd cost no less thna 10 mil per season, u gotta pay me like Phil Jacksonand i wouldnt be able to divert my full attention to it like phil jackson, and i want to have carte blanche for falling asleep and not being bothered like phil jackson too. I have far more important matters to attend to than ****ing games for bratty fans anyways. SOunds like a terrible bore and distraction.

Now i get to sit back with the shleps like you and kick my feet up and point and laugh like nelson muntz. its their ****in problem.. I saw it coming a mile away tho,. for real for real. it's documented ont his forum.

That job is for as marlon brando puts it in apocalypse now "an errand boy sent by grocery clerks" and i have superseded that nonsense long ago. If you think D Lindz is anymore than that you are a damn fool tho for real. Guy is mediocre at best. His vision sucks, this **** never was gonna work on a big stage. Fools gold.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019