Gamethread: Game 1 of the 1st Round. Utah Jazz @ Houston Rockets. 7:30 MST

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Alfalfa, Apr 14, 2019.

1. nateboz

nateboz Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    You mentioned several things that Lindsey didn't do earlier. Doesn't matter really. We're all pissed right now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. Pantz

Pantz Active Member

May 26, 2010
    It’s game 1 on the road. Can freak out when we lose at home or get swept, but until then this game is not a referendum on the whole team.

firegirl and Ostertag>Duncan like this.
  3. Stoked

Stoked Well-Known Member Contributor 2018 Award Winner

Dec 13, 2011
    If DL fails, again, to land that their big player I’ll create a fire DL thread myself.

Yes, it takes two to tango and all that. But now is the time when you over pay and offer another pick or something to get the massive deal done.

He’s entire career has lead to this. Don’t wimp out now DL

Swing baby, swing!!!

Ostertag>Duncan and The Thriller like this.
  4. Nate505

Nate505 Modstapo Lite Staff Member

May 25, 2010
    Lousy game, no sugar coating it.

That said, whatever happens in this series I won't be too upset about. If they get whipped in the series, perhaps it forces the Jazz FO to actually take a risk and make some moves.

Ostertag>Duncan likes this.
  5. Stoked

Dec 13, 2011
    Lmfao, ok.

You refute and I provide a few links and you ignore them

Mad? You damn right I’m made **** Houston and **** this game.

6. firegirl

firegirl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Not terribly original, but I'll take it.

7. Lord Bullingdon

Lord Bullingdon Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    If you're not getting better in the NBA you're getting worse... and this team seems to have plateaued..

The west is probably gonna be way tougher next year than this year... Have y'all really examined the salary structures of some of our competitors? many teams that finished under Utah in the standings will make signifigant strides this offseason ands some of those teams are also way younger than Utah in core... this is reaching a critical mass...

As far as I can see it, Lindsey has this team going in the wrong direction.

8. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    I think this game reminded everyone of last year. We clearly didn’t have have enough fire power last year. And judging by tonight, didn’t have near the firepower again. I think fans are upset because we stayed pretty much the same over the summer (for perhaps reasons largely beyond our control) yet expected different results.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    LoPo and Stoked like this.
  9. Ostertag>Duncan

Ostertag>Duncan My Members Premium Contributor 2019 Award Winner

May 26, 2010
    More **** takes please. Thanks, come again.

10. Stoked

Dec 13, 2011
    You have no room to call anyone a terrible poster. Ever.

All you ever do is **** everywhere and fling it about.

**** you. Report that ya twit.

11. The Thriller

The Thriller Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    This definitely feels like the 2008-2010ish jazz. Where we basically knew what Deron, Boozer, and Memo were gonna give us. Good competitive teams but never good enough to get over the elite teams.

I think this summer is crucial. Otherwise, Gobert and Mitchell are going to be looking to bail. But markets let alone Small markets can’t waste time with their stars. Especially if Rudy wants the recognition he deserves. If he feels playing in a bigger market will provide him with championship contention and finally recognition, he’ll leave ASAP. The guy is the most underrated player in the league because he plays in utah. If he played in Los Angeles, Boston, or New York, he’d be recognized as the best center in the league.

Embiid is an injury prone bitch. towns is overrated. boogie is an ***. and can we really consider Davis a center? Meh.

This summer is time to really commit to Gobert and Mitchell and make the moves necessary to beat the elites. Otherwise, I won’t blame them for leaving.

12. nateboz

nateboz Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    He isn't the reason the arena was renovated, he's didn't make the practice training center and he didn't get the Stars in Utah. That was Randy Rigby and Steve Starks. Not saying he had nothing to do with it, however it wasn't him that was in charge of it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

13. firegirl

firegirl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Plus, Shad is stupid name. Why in the absolute **** would you choose that as your name?

**** face dick head.

Zombie likes this.
  14. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I can't help but wonder what the narrative on this site is in the million alternative universes where we don't end up facing Houston in round one.

15. Lord Bullingdon

Feb 9, 2013
    When Mitchell had launched 3 3's in the opening quarter I couldnt help but shake the thought;

"they are gonna have Mitchell try and out duel Harden in a 3pt shooting contest? this is gonna be a blowout...."

It's just such a crude offensive gameplan for the NBA.. moreso than the gameplan tho it's really the personnel... the team lacks firepower... they barely got to 90 points...

16. Zombie

Zombie Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Firegirl is throwing flames and I AM HERE FOR IT.

17. Lord Bullingdon

Feb 9, 2013
    The Jazz offense is like watching olympic style boxing, which sucks btw, no one watches olympic boxing. and Houston is like a real deal powerpuncher that people come to see and applaud. I know people here would love to claim otherwise, thats what I see, and i've seen a lot of fights...

Donovan Mitchell is not like the Joe Frazier left hook. Utah as a team doesn't have that kind of punching power or frankly anywhere close to it. they are actually quite feather-fisted, Houston didn't seem worried at all..... they are just swinging for points hoping to win on attrition like an olmypic boxer. They dont even have "a punchers chance" their only real hope is relies on chance of injury.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  18. JazzyFresh

JazzyFresh Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015
    This board has gone downhill. Too much negativity at each other.

Ellipse, LoPo and Stoked like this.
  19. Stoked

Dec 13, 2011
    https://www.ksl.com/article/33992476

How many puzzles pieces you want me to add for you?

20. Jingled

Jingled Well-Known Member 2019 Award Winner

May 23, 2018
    This is a really good point. I was actually in favor of trying coach Buds plan because the Bucks had so much success with it but it just didn't work for us at all.