What's new

Gamethread: Jazz @ Suns. 8 PST

**** ups which he is not allowed to play through. You having a bad stretch? You're getting your *** pulled... but only if you're Dante. Rubio can literally blow *** the whole night without consequence. Never gets pulled for playing like ****, at least not that I can remember.
He's a 5-year player for Christ's sake. No one can dog on Ben Simmons' 'not being a real rookie' and give Exhume a 5-year leash.

We should continue sacrificing for Dante because... uhh... he's tall and fast and I'm not sure what else.

In the 11 games prior to Exum rolling his ankle (starting with Miami on Dec. 12th when he began receiving consistent minutes and was healthy), his per 36 stats:

pts ast trb fg fga fg3 fga3 ft fta stl to ast/to fg%
18.06 7.91 3.44 6.88 14.45 1.20 3.10 3.10 3.10 0.86 2.58 3.07 47.62
3pt% ft%
38.89 100.00

He was playing really, really well.

edit: Since my wonderful whitespace was stripped from above, let me just type this out: Exum was averaging (per 36) 18 pts and 8 asts on 47.6% fg shooting and 39% 3pt shooting with an ast/to ratio over 3 in those 11 games. He was actually playing 19 minutes a night.

In the 11 games prior to Exum rolling his ankle (starting with Miami on Dec. 12th when he began receiving consistent minutes and was healthy), his per 36 stats:

pts ast trb fg fga fg3 fga3 ft fta stl to ast/to fg%
18.06 7.91 3.44 6.88 14.45 1.20 3.10 3.10 3.10 0.86 2.58 3.07 47.62
3pt% ft%
38.89 100.00

He was playing really, really well.

edit: Since my wonderful whitespace was stripped from above, let me just type this out: Exum was averaging (per 36) 18 pts and 8 asts on 47.6% fg shooting and 39% 3pt shooting with an ast/to ratio over 3 in those 11 games. He was actually playing 19 minutes a night.
Is that a significant sample size to you? Are we supposed to throw out the other data where he's mostly done virtually nothing and/or been a net-negative?

I'm not sure what you think the game is about, but it's about winning. Playing charity cases hasn't and won't get it done. Maybe Dante would do well to play more, but whatever team he is playing for won't in the meantime.

Last edited:
Is that a significant sample size to you? Are we supposed to throw out the other data where he's mostly done virtually nothing and/or been a net-negative?

I'm not sure what you think the game is about, but it's about winning and playing charity cases hasn't and won't get it done. Maybe Dante would do well to play more, but whatever team he is playing for won't in the meantime.

Yes, it is a significant sample, because he was actually healthy and being given consistent minutes, one of the very few times in his career that has been the case. It does not mean he will always play well when given good minutes, it just serves as a counterexample to the idiotic notion that he's not capable of being a good NBA basketball player. I mean, I went to a couple of those games. He was clearly the better PG on the court. The idea that he's a bust or someone to give up on is beyond stupid. And I know you're not this stupid, just being led by strong hate for some reason when it comes to Exum.

The list of players that were an absolute non-factor for four years then became a solid contributor on a good team:
-

Reactions: MVP
Yes, it is a significant sample, because he was actually healthy and being given consistent minutes, one of the very few times in his career that has been the case. It does not mean he will always play well when given good minutes, it just serves as a counterexample to the idiotic notion that he's not capable of being a good NBA basketball player. I mean, I went to a couple of those games. He was clearly the better PG on the court. The idea that he's a bust or someone to give up on is beyond stupid. And I know you're not this stupid, just being led by strong hate for some reason when it comes to Exum.
I hate that we keep dumping resources into a lemon because it hurts the team. I like it when my team plays well and when it makes good decisions as an organization, Exum is the antithesis of both.

I'm sure he's a nice kid and I of course hope he one day suddenly becomes the player he's never really been.

was that Stanley "hotplate" Roberts ?

Hotplate? I thought he was a committed pizza hut man?

Didn't the Clippers have to do what the studio did with Brando during the shooting of The Island of Doctor Moreau? That is hire a security guard to keep Marlon away from the fridge? Brando promptly bribed the guard and gorged to his hearts content.

I hate that we keep dumping resources into a lemon because it hurts the team. I like it when my team plays well and when it makes good decisions as an organization, Exum is the antithesis of both.

I'm sure he's a nice kid and I of course hope he one day suddenly becomes the player he's never really been.

He sucked tonight but he gets a grace period... problem is he may not be able to stay healthy for 5 games in a row to develop a rythymn.

For the Dante Stans... would you give a 3/33 contract to mudiay? He’s proven more and is almost a year younger.

He’s a useful defender... will show some flashes and excite us here and there but at some point we really need to bury the idea that he could be something great. If he can’t stay on the court it’s a huge fail... if we get an opportunity to move on we should take it.

Prove us wrong Exum!

Big O or Shaq at the end, What weight did Stan Roberts get to at the end of his career?

Oliver Miller for sure... tractor traylor was big and got bigger... current bryon Russell is the fatest of them all.

He sucked tonight but he gets a grace period... problem is he may not be able to stay healthy for 5 games in a row to develop a rythymn.

For the Dante Stans... would you give a 3/33 contract to mudiay? He’s proven more and is almost a year younger.

He’s a useful defender... will show some flashes and excite us here and there but at some point we really need to bury the idea that he could be something great. If he can’t stay on the court it’s a huge fail... if we get an opportunity to move on we should take it.

Prove us wrong Exum!

If Mudiay or Frankie Nik could get to the rim like Exum then sure, do it yesterday. But they cant... so what are you talking about?

Edit.

Im not sure how you find rhythm in 3minute bursts while rarely running the offense.

I have supported Dante all these years, but he has looked horrible the last two games, and Spinoza questions him being subbed out? He got the ball twice and both times turned it over, and he is not looking very good out there. He is not up to speed yet. Quin wants to win the game, what do you expect him to do? When you talk about him playing really well, who are you comparing him to -- to how Dante has played in the past? Surely not compared to any PG who is a starter or even many backups.

I feel badly for the kid but I just don't think he's going to make it. He can't seem to avoid injuries, and I don't think it's merely bad luck. His body is fragile. I think the Jazz ought to cut their losses and move him in the off season.

If Mudiay or Frankie Nik could get to the rim like Exum then sure, do it yesterday. But they cant... so what are you talking about?

Edit.

Im not sure how you find rhythm in 3minute bursts while rarely running the offense.

I’m talking about how mudiay has shown more sustained success and no one talks about him like he could set the world on fire someday. He gets to the rim a fair amount.

The Dante apologists are tough to stomach sometimes... it ain’t Quinn’s fault Dante played scared and was terrible tonight. He was bad.

I’m talking about how mudiay has shown more sustained success and no one talks about him like he could set the world on fire someday. He gets to the rim a fair amount.

The Dante apologists are tough to stomach sometimes... it ain’t Quinn’s fault Dante played scared and was terrible tonight. He was bad.

Fair. But Mudiay was allowed to play heavy unfettered minutes for three years putting out a whole heap of stinking steaming junk ...