What's new

George Hill

The player? Yes. But by all accounts that ship sailed. Just think, he could still be under contract for two more years at $20M a pop.

Jazz don't want him back and they don't want Hood or Burks back either so there's no point even discussing bringing former players back.

He'd be a good backup, but I think he'll get more than the vet minimum. He had a great run in the playoffs (53%/42%). I think he gets some decent money in free agency.

But even if Utah could get him, the answer is no. He left on a sour note. I doubt Lindsey would want him back.

I’d definitely bring him back. I think the enmity between the two parties has been extremely exaggerated around here (shocker).
To be fair, that’s also informed by sources like Tony Jones.

What did TJ say? I guess I’ve totally forgotten
He’s continually tweeting that bridges are burned and there’s no chance he’s back. Of course, that could just be Tony’s read on it, but he’s added a lot of fuel to that fire.

Did Hill boink some of your moms? Hell ya I take him on a minimum contact. He’d bring credibility to our bench in a heart beat. It’s not like he’d be starting or anything. Now if we’d have to pay him 4-7 million a year, no thanks, but not sure why some of you seem put off by him or seem to have an axe to grind with him. Lmao. Who could blame him for wanting to score a big contract after having his best statistical season by far. It’s not like he’s ever sniffed a big contract before.

I don't think Ricky Rubio is that much better than him. If Ricky is getting starting money, Hill will be able to find starting money.

It’s a no brainer to bring Hill back to come off the bench. That would be great for us. Does he take the MLE?

I don't think Ricky Rubio is that much better than him. If Ricky is getting starting money, Hill will be able to find starting money.
I think there was a long discussion about this when the Jazz signed Rubio. There was a lot of wishful thinking that Ricky would be better. Well, I think now we can safely say, no he isn't and wasn't.