What's new

Give Us Wood

“He’s had a great year, for sure, but not sure everyone fully trusts it yet,” a league source told The Athletic. “It’s been the most consistent he’s shown his whole career. I think, maybe, $5 (million) to $7 million per year (is what he’ll get).” Then there’s this evaluation … “I would expect him to get a mid-level value, something like $9.7 (million) annually,” an NBA agent said.
– via James L. Edwards III @ The Athletic

Wood has impressed all year, as a bench man and even as a starter. He’ll be an unrestricted free agent this summer after playing this season on a vet-minimum deal. At the trade deadline, the Rockets and Celtics, two championship-contending teams, made multiple offers to Detroit for Wood, per a source. The 2020 free agency class is considered blah, so don’t be surprised if Wood garners interest from teams with available cap space.

Some quotes on Wood's free agency... Use full MLE on him DLJZ... Also, I've officially got the advanced strain of whatever it was that @infection got with Niko... Niko-itis? I've been infected with the Wood Virus. Boston or Houston signing him (2 of my least favorite teams and enemies of Jazz Nation) would be fatal for me. If it happens don't come looking for me... I will just walk into the ocean never to be seen again.

“He’s had a great year, for sure, but not sure everyone fully trusts it yet,” a league source told The Athletic. “It’s been the most consistent he’s shown his whole career. I think, maybe, $5 (million) to $7 million per year (is what he’ll get).” Then there’s this evaluation … “I would expect him to get a mid-level value, something like $9.7 (million) annually,” an NBA agent said.

Wood has impressed all year, as a bench man and even as a starter. He’ll be an unrestricted free agent this summer after playing this season on a vet-minimum deal. At the trade deadline, the Rockets and Celtics, two championship-contending teams, made multiple offers to Detroit for Wood, per a source. The 2020 free agency class is considered blah, so don’t be surprised if Wood garners interest from teams with available cap space.

Some quotes on Wood's free agency... Use full MLE on him DLJZ... Also, I've officially got the advanced strain of whatever it was that @infection got with Niko... Niko-itis? I've been infected with the Wood Virus. Boston or Houston signing him (2 of my least favorite teams and enemies of Jazz Nation) would be fatal for me. If it happens don't come looking for me... I will just walk into the ocean never to be seen again.
“We’re really pleased with the progress of Tony Bradley and Georges has been working hard, so we’d like to give them a chance over a full season. This isn’t a vote against anyone else, it’s a vote of confidence in two guys who have worked hard.”

“We’re really pleased with the progress of Tony Bradley and Georges has been working hard, so we’d like to give them a chance over a full season. This isn’t a vote against anyone else, it’s a vote of confidence in two guys who have worked hard.”

"We have a lot invested in those guys"

Well guys... not only was Wood a victim of the virus, but summer league most likely will be canceled. Summer league is where I use my influence to sign and release guys... sadly without my influence here we will not be getting Wood.

But for reals I'm legit sad about Summer League being canceled (in the future)… its where I get to hang with my childhood homies and watch a **** ton of basketball with my boy. Just thought of this today and was a little bummed out.

Well guys... not only was Wood a victim of the virus, but summer league most likely will be canceled. Summer league is where I use my influence to sign and release guys... sadly without my influence here we will not be getting Wood.

But for reals I'm legit sad about Summer League being canceled (in the future)… its where I get to hang with my childhood homies and watch a **** ton of basketball with my boy. Just thought of this today and was a little bummed out.
Don’t worry. Always opportunities for new memories. I’m pretty sure you could still go to Vegas and hit the strip clubs with @Wes Mantooth