What's new

Giveaways?

I also think you should be able to purchase Rep points. $10 = 1,000 seems like a fair price. Everything else is for sale nowadays right? Why not Rep points?

Buyer gets the points, the site gets more $$$ towards server costs, etc. Win/Win.

Stupid idea. Neg this fool.

What don't u like about it? I'm bored. Let's discuss this.

The last idea about not capping rep for premium members is ok, but paying for rep is stupid. It's like paying for flowers or shrubs. You should just grow them yourself.

The last idea about not capping rep for premium members is ok, but paying for rep is stupid. It's like paying for flowers or shrubs. You should just grow them yourself.

Wow.. that's a low blow bro, a really low blow....

Anyway, for some people, their time is so valuable they'd rather spend it earning the big bucks rather than be on here 24/7 yapping, so can we really blame them? Why not turn a problem into an opportunity?

Wow.. that's a low blow bro, a really low blow....

Anyway, for some people, their time is so valuable they'd rather spend it earning the big bucks rather than be on here 24/7 yapping, so can we really blame them? Why not turn a problem into an opportunity?

But how will you know if they are really 100 rep power awesome or someone like highland homie?

E. J. because of his mean disguise, franklin because of his intellectual complex trolling, addictionary because of his eccentric humor and babe because of his tl;dr posts, are the hardest posters to understand in the forum, imo.

Most minds draw a line in the sand and take one side other other, which turns into a wedge that divides them. My mind lives inside the wedge and tries to not only understand both sides but pull the wedge out. It tends to confuse and piss off both sides.

You can take, for example, Fishonjazz's fetish with me saying two seasons ago that Derrick Favors could not defend the post (This of course was entirely true and became common knowledge the following season even if it was a highly unpopular observation at the time to the pro-Derrick crowd). I'm possibly the biggest D-Fave fan on this site so how is it possible for me to not say anything but good about him? That's what many take as "intellectual trolling" that doesn't actually exist.

Damn near everything I write to non-alt dumbasses comes from my heart.

Don't mind if I do...

tumblr_kwz6efojs61qadflco1_500.jpg

ahhh.. reminds me of me as a kid.. except my cousin was a redhead.

This site has enough active users, I suppose, that I don't think anyone would need to put up any money for free schwag. I can't imagine the Jazz' PR department denying Jazzfanz a bunch of free tickets, etc. We are, after all, giving them a crap-ton of free advertising, and have been for years. I don't know the actual numbers, but I bet the site generates enough traffic to entice even local businesses to offer free crap; it's super cheap advertising, and in a tight-knit community like this one, it might actually pay dividends for the small business.

I graduated from high school, barely, so clearly I know all about how this stuff works. Get on it, Jason.

Get on what?

Seriously, though.

Jason, raise the price of premium membership.

Buy a couple decent tickets to a Jazz game this year.

Offer them up to premium members in a giveaway thread.

Count the monies.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f168/electricbrewingsupply-30a-bcs-control-panel-giveaway-494935/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f168/ss-brewing-technologies-thats-ton-stuff-giveaway-490276/

How many of the premium users actually live in or around SLC though?

I think shirts or stuff like that would be a better idea because it would appeal to a larger % of Jazzfanz members.

I think shirts or stuff like that would be a better idea because it would appeal to a larger % of Jazzfanz members.

To me the idea isn't to reward existing premium members but to encourage new premium memberships.

Yeah, tickets probably wouldn't suit everybody, not only due to geography but schedules, too.

Most minds draw a line in the sand and take one side other other, which turns into a wedge that divides them. My mind lives inside the wedge and tries to not only understand both sides but pull the wedge out. It tends to confuse and piss off both sides.

...Damn near everything I write to non-alt dumbasses comes from my heart.

To clarify for all the dumbasses on board, he has a mental wedgie.

Hope that helps.

To me the idea isn't to reward existing premium members but to encourage new premium memberships.

Yeah, tickets probably wouldn't suit everybody, not only due to geography but schedules, too.

The only way a giveaway is gonna bring in more premium members is if the prize is exclusive, rare, or hard to find. Like a t-shirt with Stockton's signature on it, or a ball with Malone's ... or Sloan's or even Quin's ... or something collectable.

If Jason or Nate508 (through their connections) can get a hold of something like that and do a yearly draw, I'm pretty sure Premium Membership will be a big hit. You'll have to make it so that only eligible if someone has been, or will be a member for 6+ months though, but that's easy to do.

The only way a giveaway is gonna bring in more premium members is if the prize is exclusive, rare, or hard to find. Like a t-shirt with Stockton's signature on it, or a ball with Malone's ... or Sloan's or even Quin's ... or something collectable.

If Jason or Nate508 (through their connections) can get a hold of something like that and do a yearly draw, I'm pretty sure Premium Membership will be a big hit. You'll have to make it so that only eligible if someone has been, or will be a member for 6+ months though, but that's easy to do.

On top of that, if we can somehow personalise the prize.. imagine getting a signature from Sloan/Stockton/Malone saying "Love your work Hotttnickkk keep it up!!" (or ONE LOVE/Gameface/Cy/Bigb/PKM, etc, etc, etc)

That's priceless. I think Premium Membership on this site would go through the roof.

I disagree. I think if there were regular giveaways the prize doesn't have to be extraordinary, but not garbage either, of course. People get excited about winning free stuff. People also want to be included, so if they see a thread with a prize they want and a bunch of people posting saying they're "in" then they'll want to be a part of that. If they are people who lurk here but don't have an account or people that have an account but don't participate much they might decide it's worth it to get a premium membership so that they can participate in the drawing.

It would benefit the site in several ways. One, it'll drive traffic, even if it doesn't increase premium memberships all that much. But I do think it'll increase the number of premium memberships. With people checking in for new drawings and for the results of drawings you'll have more people thinking about this forum and while they're here they might read a post that they feel compelled to respond to and drive up board activity, which will have a feedback effect on getting more people to notice the drawings, buying memberships, checking the site regularly, participating in discussions...rinse wash repeat.

late to the party, haven't read thread.. but if we're talking about JF giving away prizes, I think hell ya! #1 - It's totally cheesy; #2 - It just might work; #3 - It ain't my money.