What's new

Gobert Injured in Practice: Grade II Sprained MCL

Tibor Pleiss probably going to get recalled from Idaho. At least Booker proved to play well with the starters. Seems like playing Orlando is bad luck. Day before last Orlando game, Rudy sprains an ankle. The day before this upcoming Orlando game, Rudy sprains his knee.

Could have been worse. A lot worse.

They need to sit him until he's fully healthy, even if it means they lose some games in the process. This is where the Jazz lack of depth is a major, major issue.

I think it will be 6 weeks, the Jazz will not take chances on Gobert especially with Withey and Pleiss available.

I don't think Grade II sprains are a huge deal, probably like max recovery of about 5 weeks.

Oh, 5 weeks seems major to me. This sucks.

I think it will be 6 weeks, the Jazz will not take chances on Gobert especially with Withey and Pleiss available.

I guess you woulda said this no matter who was backing him up, huh? Our depth definitely does not make me feel alright about this injury.

Specially? As opposed to who? The janitor? I highly doubt Rudy will sit for twice as long as it typically takes for injury to fully heal.

Is this ever brutal. My goodness. Poor Derrick gonna be playing 40mpg.

I've had a grade 2 sprain/tear of the MCL and it is a pretty big deal. I ski for my living and it took me out pretty big time. I would imagine even more of a big deal for a 7 ft. basketball player. I bet about 6 weeks.