What's new

Gobert not an All-Star???

Bawse Dawg

I had to do a double take when I saw the starting rosters. How did Gobert not make it? I know that Utah is small market and all but I thought more people would appreciate him. Whatever, he'll get in as a reserve as people who actually know the sport pick the reserves.

People will be sorry when Gobert destroys America in the Rising Stars game.

I believe they don't have a roster spot for centers for the all star game anymore. It's all forwards and guards, and with the depth of talent of forwards in the west I'm not surprised. Still sucks though

I believe they don't have a roster spot for centers for the all star game anymore. It's all forwards and guards, and with the depth of talent of forwards in the west I'm not surprised. Still sucks though

That's BS. They should put him in at forward if they have too. You'd have a hard time convincing me that any West starter is better than Gobert (maybe Curry) All the hate will just make Gobert better, he'll have the last laugh.

They should put Gobert in the three point shooting contest, the dunk contest, and that stupid skills contest. He's got mad skills.

Has there ever been an all star who doesn't even start for his own team?
Jeremy Lin almost got voted in as a starter. . .
I'm a little sad that neither Favors or Hayward got some recognition this year. Hopefully in the future. Hoping Rudy destroys the Rising Stars challenge and starts getting national buzz for next year.

Lately I'm realizing that Rudy's left hand is pretty sweet. Doesn't have any trouble laying it up with the left hand.

Has there ever been an all star who doesn't even start for his own team?

Iverson was voted in and he wasn't even on an NBA roster at the time. Here is an article talking about it:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/318150-nba-all-star-voting-system-must-be-broken

Well this year’s All-Star ballot includes the popular veteran guard Allen Iverson, and Iverson is second in voting for Eastern conference guards with 806,749 votes. An All-Star starter in the making?

The only issue is Iverson was cut by the Memphis Grizzlies after just 3 games and wasn’t even under contract as he accumulated votes!

Utah has never (that I am aware of, could be wrong, but I don't think so) had an all-star starter. Our fan base isn't big enough to vote them in.

Utah has never (that I am aware of, could be wrong, but I don't think so) had an all-star starter. Our fan base isn't big enough to vote them in.
Malone and Stockton were not? If so, that's bs

Malone and Stockton were not? If so, that's bs

In all the years they were in the all-star game I cannot remember one where they were voted in by the fans. They were always a coach choice. There might be one or two I am misremembering but I don't think so.

I had to do a double take when I saw the starting rosters. How did Gobert not make it? I know that Utah is small market and all but I thought more people would appreciate him. Whatever, he'll get in as a reserve as people who actually know the sport pick the reserves.

People will be sorry when Gobert destroys America in the Rising Stars game.

Gobert going to be put on the terrorist watch list after the Rising Stars game.