What's new

Gobert to Minnesota

When you can't carry us to the round of 8, we're still just mediocre. That's the boat we were in built around Rudy Gobert.

We might never win a title, but we surely were going nowhere how we were.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
You keep saying that as if Mitchell wasn't a thing. We puposely added people Mitchell wanted or that supported Mitchell. We allowed Mitchell to have the ball to an astounding usage of 33. It's pretty obvious we were built around Mitchell. Hell Gobert's main role was screening to get Mitchell open and to cover for Mitchell's complete lack of anything resembling defense. So Mitchell didn't get us anywhere either. It's pretty obvious the tandem couldn't work together. Hell Mitchell straight up froze Gobert out on one end while expecting Gobert to cover for him letting his guy just waltz to the rim on the other. If anyone let us down, it's Mitchell. And now he could be the centerpiece? I guess we'll see what he can lead the team to without a multiple time DPOY hindering him and getting in his way, amirite?

I will sleep a few more hours and when I wake up I expect Conley gone and us getting 2 first rd picks because we got Danny ainge and his middle name is powerplay!

KAT is a better defender than Mitchell or Bogey.

Russell is a better defender than Mitchell. He's also in a contract year.

They have ZERO sizes issues. They will be more motivated than Utah has been defensively.

When Edwards tries on defense he actually makes a huge impact unlike Mitchell.

Off the bench they got one of the most elite team defenders in Kyle Anderson.

Jaden McDaniels is potentially high level on defense and will now be playing in position in terms of strength.

Not sure about Jaylen Nowell or Wendell Moore's defense, but Josh Minott is a defensive stud of a rookie. Easily in the top 10 of the class.

This sounds like posturing. If you are truly sold on Mitchell as a franchise player who is capable of leading you to the chip, you DO NOT trade that(unless he demands a trade I guess), pretty much no matter what package of picks you get. This is a philosophical thing... it's not a "I can do this or I can do that"... you should know exactly what you want to do right now, no ifs and buts... The very fact that there is this "but if we receive a trade we can't refuse" tells you that they are angling towards inviting such offers. To me they know what they want to do. It's not up in the air. They either are sold on Donovan as THE GUY, or they are posturing to increase leverage and potential value extracted from a trade. Now, that's not to say that they will trade him right away, maybe the package is not available right now, but they are setting the stage for it IMO. Whether now, or in 1 mont or at the trade deadline or next summer.

Agree to disagree. The jazz could think that spida is a franchise player that could lead them to a championship but also understand that if the bucks offered us giannis that its something they would have to consider.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Didn't know whether to laugh or cry at this one.

Well one thing thats nice to know is that after acquiring gobert the wolves have no better odds at winning the championship than the jazz did….. after losing in the first round to the mavs without luka multiple games. I dont think any of us thought the jazz would contend for a title in 2023. According to this no one thinks the wolves will either.

unless you've just given Minnesota of all places the tool to contend for 5-6 years and the draft picks are a whole bunch of useless

Maybe and maybe not. We definitely took some of their tools as well.
Contributing players on rookie deals are very useful tools. Just ask the golden state warriors.

Iverson isn’t a bad comparison either, I’ve seen worse. Another undersized guard who put up amazing scoring stats but wasn’t nearly good enough to win it all. Do we think Spida is better than Iverson? If not, then building around him would be a mistake.

I think getting to the finals is nearly winning it all.

KAT is a better defender than Mitchell or Bogey.

Russell is a better defender than Mitchell. He's also in a contract year.

They have ZERO sizes issues. They will be more motivated than Utah has been defensively.

When Edwards tries on defense he actually makes a huge impact unlike Mitchell.

Off the bench they got one of the most elite team defenders in Kyle Anderson.

Jaden McDaniels is potentially high level on defense and will now be playing in position in terms of strength.

Not sure about Jaylen Nowell or Wendell Moore's defense, but Josh Minott is a defensive stud of a rookie. Easily in the top 10 of the class.

I thought i saw that kat just got paid.

I think getting to the finals is nearly winning it all.

Maybe? I mean, we’ve nearly won it too. It would be nice to actually win in sometime in my lifetime. I’m 36 now. I remember the east being pretty weak and he got wiped out by the Lakers (and probably would’ve been wiped out by the top tier of WC teams). That was also the mega “loaded” Philly team with Brown as their coach.

All I’m saying is we should steer clear from “building” around undersized guards who score a lot and do little else. At least Iverson got steals I guess.

He's also in a contract year.

According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Towns signed a four-year, $224 million supermax extension with the Timberwolves. The deal will keep Towns under contract with the Timberwolves through 2028.

Im not crying, you’re crying

Wow man I actually just cried. Wife sometimes asks me when I cried the last time and I have no answer. Now I have one.
Gobert.. Ingles.. John Lucas III, Ty Corbin, Bryce Cotton.. Quin.. a lot of stuff resurfaced suddenly and I got so emotional. I'm not even from Utah, I am from overseas. It was fun waking up at 5 AM to watch dude bring his A-game every possession.

Maybe? I mean, we’ve nearly won it too. It would be nice to actually win in sometime in my lifetime. I’m 36 now. I remember the east being pretty weak and he got wiped out by the Lakers (and probably would’ve been wiped out by the top tier of WC teams). That was also the mega “loaded” Philly team with Brown as their coach.

All I’m saying is we should steer clear from “building” around undersized guards who score a lot and do little else. At least Iverson got steals I guess.

You said iverson wasnt nearly good enough to win it all. I simply disagree because i think getting to the finals means you nearly won it all.