What's new

Gobert Trade Question

SLCHooper

This is not a thread about how I would love to trade Gobert ;) ...it's a thread about what the Jazz could get for Gobert. A 1st round pick? A starter from another team? Give me your thoughts..

- 1st in the NBA in defending the rim making opponents just shoot 41.0%

- 1st in the NBA defending within 6 feet

- 3rd in Blocks Per Game

- Top 20 in defensive win share

This dude is a perennial DPOY candidate, he has got to be worth more than a late 1st/early 2nd

- 1st in the NBA in defending the rim making opponents just shoot 41.0%

- 1st in the NBA defending within 6 feet

- 3rd in Blocks Per Game

- Top 20 in defensive win share

This dude is a perennial DPOY candidate, he has got to be worth more than a late 1st/early 2nd
I agree with this. Great post.

Depends on the trade partner. If we put him on the trade block, I would imagine 1st rounder. If somebody like the Cavs came calling, we could get a ton. He fits a perfect need for them and they dont value draft picks. A team like that would probably send players and multiple picks. You can't build around Gobert but you sure as hell could compliment a star perfectly with him.

Sent from my VS980 4G using JazzFanz mobile app

He is I trade today. You can't do it. If he can make development with go to offense move maybe like babyhook that he make it 60 percent he is top 25 player and with top 3 picks or more!!! Never say lies about him!!!

I put this in another thread, but I think we'd be shocked how little we could get for him. In an era of the three ball, a big who has no offensive game isn't very valuable.

Gobert is the epitome of the Utah Jazz. Guys that have very valuable skills but HUGE holes, which overall makes them not that valuable.

I'd guess a couple of protected lottery picks. We all think Goberts value is sky high. But he was seriously exposed this year. He wasn't as effective when he played without Favors and Quin had to take out of games late to avoid the Hack-a-Rudy possibility. He has hands of stone on offense. We keep talking about him developing an offensive move. He's had years to do that. If anything, the past two seasons have lowered his ceiling. He's a one-way player. If it weren't for Favors' back issues, I'd personally be in favor of moving him to the 5 and putting Gobert on the trading block. Unpopular? Yes. But we had another defensive DPOY candidate a decade ago and his lack of shooting killed us in the playoffs.

IMO, the upcoming season will show if Gobert can develop into a starter on a contender. Another year of bricks and 50% FT shooting and I think the answer will be " no."

He is I trade today. You can't do it. If he can make development with go to offense move maybe like babyhook that he make it 60 percent he is top 25 player and with top 3 picks or more!!! Never say lies about him!!!

Isn't this the sum existence of the Jazz fan?

"if he just improves this one horrible skill to an amazing one, think of how great we will be!!!!!!!"

We just aren't that good. Accept it.

This is not a thread about how I would love to trade Gobert ;) ...it's a thread about what the Jazz could get for Gobert. A 1st round pick? A starter from another team? Give me your thoughts..

I think I know how u feel about this team!! U won't be satisfied till they are all out of here. Sad.

if someone called and the starting offer didn't include at least Chuck Norris I'd reach through the phone and throat punch them.

I put this in another thread, but I think we'd be shocked how little we could get for him. In an era of the three ball, a big who has no offensive game isn't very valuable.

Do you think 2 teams threw a max at DeAndre for his shooting and offense?

Elite rim protectors continue to have very high value. And Rudy's offense will never be great but will continue to improve. Rudy would be the second or third pick of this draft (with benefit of hindsight).

How come your English gets worse and worse? You a troll?