What's new

Gobert will be First Team All-NBA?

r_u_s_t_b_u_c_k_e_t

Contributor
Four (of six) writers at CBS Sports are predicting Rudy will be first team all-NBA:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...ntenders-squeeze-curry-durant-off-first-team/

... the center spot is fascinating. Anthony Davis played about 65 percent of his total minutes at center this season, and was brilliant. Most notably, his two most-played lineups both featured him at center. So there’s a case to be made there, and more than one of our panelists made such a case. On the other hand, Rudy Gobert appears at the top of this list, as he has emerged as a top-flight scoring option for the top-five-in-the West Jazz, while also making arguably the strongest case for Defensive Player of the Year.

Awesome. Make it so

Has anyone ever been named to the All-NBA First Team but not the All-Star game in the same season?

It would be an amazing "**** you" to all of the voters.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Best player on the Jazz. Build around him an trade Hayward for a young alpha on offense. Easy title.

He SHOULD be DPOY, All Defensive first team and All NBA first or second team. If they put Davis as a center on the All NBA first team and Rudy on the second or third teams I won't really be upset. But if Rudy does not win DPOY and get All Defensive first team I will lose my s***. It will be a riot over here.

Kawhi was drafted 15th in the 2011 draft.

Draymond was drafted 35th in the 2012 draft.

Giannis was drafted 15th in the 2013 draft, the same draft in which we later got Rudy.

Imagine if we had drafted all of these guys. The defense and flexibility.