What's new

Gobert - Wow

Gobert is having career highs this season so far in shooting percentage, rebounds and points. He is having nearly his worst season from the line though. If he can get his free throw shooting up into the 70's (which he has never done but he was at 68% for one season) then he has a chance to average 20ppg which would be incredible. Its unlikely he gets there (he is averaging 16.0 per game right now) but he has a shot.

Shaq doesn't watch Jazz games. And taking a shot at a true center like he was, a dying breed in today's game to be sure, comes off as a bit douchey. But that's typical of aging ex-superstars, they throw young players all the accolades in the world, but the second they feel like someone is threatening their legacy - be it on court accomplishments, fame, $, etc... they get weirdly defensive and insecure.

IT also bears mentioning that, as someone who saw Shaq play at least a 100 times, the guy NEVER did anything on the court unless there was a statistical measurement associated with it.

Shaq doesn't watch Jazz games. And taking a shot at a true center like he was, a dying breed in today's game to be sure, comes off as a bit douchey. But that's typical of aging ex-superstars, they throw young players all the accolades in the world, but the second they feel like someone is threatening their legacy - be it on court accomplishments, fame, $, etc... they get weirdly defensive and insecure.

IT also bears mentioning that, as someone who saw Shaq play at least a 100 times, the guy NEVER did anything on the court unless there was a statistical measurement associated with it.
He's my least favorite guy on Inside the NBA. In general it is just a douchey, immature thing to cut other guys down to build yourself up.

Imagine Gobert doing those post moves Allen has developed. He'd be unstoppable. I like Gobert, so don't get me wrong but I think it's the difference between becoming an all-time great and just having a great career.