What's new

Going to a season ticket holder lunch thing at ESA tomorrow

Apparently there will be a member of the coaching staff there to talk and answer questions.

What questions should I ask?

.....why did I spend good hard earn money for Jazz season tickets?
.....can I get a refund?
.....give me one good reason why I shouldn't take the remaining tickets for this season, burn them...and then burn the ashes???

I would ask if they have the full intention of letting the youth movement begin next year? That's all anyone really cares about.

I might also ask if they think Corbin has made ANY mistakes this season? They're not going to come out and say Corbin is a dumb ***, even if that's what they think, but they might be willing to name off a few things they think Corbin has mishandled.

Ask the one in attendance (assuming it is an assistant) if he plans to put his name in for consideration as the head coach when Corbin is fired at the end of the season.

Better yet, just ask the coach and the Jazz FO to give you reasons why you should renew your season tickets.
Point out that
1. The team is WORSE this season.
2. No significant acquisitions or trades have happened (Marvin for Devin is NOT significant).
3. The FO talks about improving the team EVERY trade deadline, but despite having 2 players who WON'T or SHOULDN'T be brought back (if the Jazz FO believe in using any kind of advanced statistics), the Jazz will be getting NOTHING in return for Jefferson and Millsap.
4. The head coach refuses to give significant minutes to the few lottery picks Utah has received, which is contrary to 99% of the other teams in the league.

Kanter has worked out with Mark Eaton and Kiki Vandewiegh, any chance he and Favors can work out with an NBA legend who happened to play the post postioin for the Jazz?

What does the Coaching staff plan to do to improve Favors offense?

Kanter shows great feel around the basket and a soft touch from 15-18 feet. How does coaching staff plan to use Kanter on the offensive end next season.

Can Favors & Kanter play together on the offensive end? Does Favors offensive limitations force Kanter to the High post even though he is the better of the two in the low post?

Can a Favors & Kanter combination defend the smaller pfs of Houston, Phx, Miami, GS or the stretch pfs of Minny, NOH, LAL, Dal, Mil, etc.

(of course if the answer to the last two are no, I would have to ask "then why did you draft Kanter and keep Favors?"

Ask them if they are reflective of their decisions as an organization and ready to correct (or even admit) errors.

Found this from the luncheon...

https://twitter.com/Demarq44/status/316618787384348673

"Sidney Lowe talking to Jazz season ticket holders about starters defense has been "fantastic" all season #wtf #********"

Sounds like Sidney must really think the fans are pretty blind. And dumb.
Starters and defense shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

More from Sidney,
"Sidney Lowe's main message..."I'm so excited about our young guys" Has said it 6 times. Elephant in the room: When will they get to play?"

Well at least he got this correct,

"Sidney Lowe when asked who the best defensive player on the team is "Derek Favors, hands down, no question."

Found this from the luncheon...

https://twitter.com/Demarq44/status/316618787384348673

"Sidney Lowe talking to Jazz season ticket holders about starters defense has been "fantastic" all season #wtf #********"

Sounds like Sidney must really think the fans are pretty blind. And dumb.
Starters and defense shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.

More from Sidney,
"Sidney Lowe's main message..."I'm so excited about our young guys" Has said it 6 times. Elephant in the room: When will they get to play?"

Well at least he got this correct,

"Sidney Lowe when asked who the best defensive player on the team is "Derek Favors, hands down, no question."

Good find.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Conairinternational1.jpg
    Conairinternational1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Only got to listen to Sidney for about 30 minutes and couldn't stay long enough to get the Q&A portion (Damn job). But yeah he was gushing about the young guys. So maybe if the Jazz can Corbin and hire Lowe he would play the young guys.

The lunch was called "Chalk Talk" so he spent some time showing some of the Jazz plays/defensive rotations etc and one of PHX's plays. Apparently the NBA has this thing called a pick and roll. Groundbreaking right?