What's new

Golden State Warriors @ Utah Jazz -- Tue. Jan 30th 7pm MST

Gobert has got to go. Jazz can’t win with him

Heh.

Rudy is active and it's so good to have him back but he looks afraid of contact right now. He's hyper-aware of it. He just needs more time. Back-to-back knee injuries are tough on muscle mass.

Speaking of needing time, Joe Johnson is coming around. He was 3-5, 2-3 3 PT., 5 REB, 2 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK in 22 min.

Heh.

Rudy is active and it's so good to have him back but he looks afraid of contact right now. He's hyper-aware of it. He just needs more time. Back-to-back knee injuries are tough on muscle mass.

Speaking of needing time, Joe Johnson is coming around. He was 3-5, 2-3 3 PT., 5 REB, 2 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK in 22 min.
JJ has been looking good for a while now.
The team is starting to come together and be healthy.

Long live the playoff bus

JJ has been looking good for a while now.
The team is starting to come together and be healthy.

Long live the playoff bus

His 3 pt. % has been woeful and he's looked slow on defense and uninspired on offense. Last night he had a little fire. That block was sweet.

Also good to see your guy Burks with a good game.

His 3 pt. % has been woeful and he's looked slow on defense and uninspired on offense. Last night he had a little fire. That block was sweet.

Also good to see your guy Burks with a good game.
Honestly I thought burks didn't play very well last night. One of his worst games in the last 5 or so games (of which he has been playing quite good)
Nice to see him get minutes though anyway. Last night was one of the few times that burks made a bad mistake and didn't get pulled immediately. Nice to see Quin give him a chance to play through mistakes.

I think JJ has been playing good for the last 5 or so games as well.

I just noticed in the highlight of the game that after Casspi turned the ball over twice in a row he kicked the ball out of frustration. I am shocked he didnt get T'd up, not that I care about winning by 1 more point... Well maybe I do, 130-99 sounds better.

There was also a point where Drayma-queen Green was yelling at the ref for a second and the way he held up his hand it almost looked like he could be flipping the ref off. Obviously didn't but I was hoping for a technical there.

Honestly I thought burks didn't play very well last night. One of his worst games in the last 5 or so games (of which he has been playing quite good)
Nice to see him get minutes though anyway. Last night was one of the few times that burks made a bad mistake and didn't get pulled immediately. Nice to see Quin give him a chance to play through mistakes.

I think JJ has been playing good for the last 5 or so games as well.

29 minutes for Burks was the most since December 1. He put up some decent numbers. 4-8, 5 REB, 3 AST 1 STL.

We saw that mistake and my friends and I were waiting for him to get yanked. Surprise, surprise, Quin left him in. I agree that Quin needs to show confidence in him and let him play through the occasional bone-headed mistake.

Oh, I thought your sig was part of your post...

nvm

I did enjoy this comment from Kerr about the loss to the Jazz after he finished railing on his team:

"We work hard to turn the ball over in creative ways," Kerr said. "And I thought we were really good at turning the ball over tonight."

So... here is my crazy theory. Tonight will be the night Rubio-Favors-Gobert click. I mean they click. They dominate the game - Lock down defense, Favors knocking down corner threes, Rubio lobbing the ball perfectly to Gobert. Ingles is having the old man game of his life, even Joe Johnson looks like he is a not-that-old-but-still-old version of himself. The Jazz blow out the Warriors.

I honestly want this to happen because it would send this board into an existential crisis. We wouldn't know what to do at the trade deadline anymore, except of course, trade Rodney Hood because he missed this game with a bruise.

are you from the future

There was also a point where Drayma-queen Green was yelling at the ref for a second and the way he held up his hand it almost looked like he could be flipping the ref off. Obviously didn't but I was hoping for a technical there.

The crowd was going nuts. It was an obvious technical. I'm also kinda surprised Gobert didn't get T-D up for complaining about that hard elbow. He was right but the refs were throwing calls to GSW and it looked like that would have been another give away.

Just out of curiosity. . . I didn’t get to watch the game, but followed the Box score when I could. How much did Gobert and Favors play together?

Missed the best game of the season? Watched some highlights which looked awesome.... man those jerseys look way better then expected and court looked great as well.