What's new

Good Pill(ow) Hunting......

Duck Rodgers

Anybody found the perfect pillow? I'm looking, but it's like searching for El Dorado. I went out to a bunch of places yesterday to check some out, but apparently pillows are the hottest Christmas item in the world since Tickle Me Elmo.....so it was a pretty fruitless couple of hours.....because everywhere I went was absolutely cleaned out of the "premium" pillows. Most of the normal pillows too. I've got a feeling the search for the perfect pillow might end up taking me awhile especially when about 1/2 the online reviews seem to be of the - "I was given this pillow at a discount in exchange for an honest review. 5 stars. Best. Pillow. Ever." - nature. And I'll have to order them online, try them out, send them back(can you send back pillows after you've already gunked them up?). Anybody try the My Pillow, Bamboo Pillows, Memory foam, etc. etc? Any specific stores I should be going to? It seemed like such a simple endeavor when I started....

Last edited:
My pillow is perfect. It's memory foam and I bought it from kohls

I've looked for the perfect pillow before... they are mythical. Lately I've been trying sleeping on my back WITHOUT a pillow. My back and shoulders are better off for it, fyi, and it seems like a lot of chiropractors agree with this approach.

I use a large synthetic down pillow that I got from RC Willey, and it suits me just fine.

I've looked for the perfect pillow before... they are mythical. Lately I've been trying sleeping on my back WITHOUT a pillow. My back and shoulders are better off for it, fyi, and it seems like a lot of chiropractors agree with this approach.

Do you snore when you do this? I like lying on my back but i tend to snore when I do that...

Maybe I'm just a fat *** that needs to lose weight?

With my back issues, I've done this a little bit as well. I actually really want to just sleep on my hardwoods sans pillow but I haven't gotten that desperate yet.

With my back issues, I've done this a little bit as well. I actually really want to just sleep on my hardwoods sans pillow but I haven't gotten that desperate yet.

You ever tried sleeping in a hammock for a couple weeks to test out if it helps? All the guys I play basketball with that have back problems swear by it.

Last edited:
So Babe, is there something you're trying to tell us about your nights with NAOS?

NAOS once proposed coming to see me, and he always probes new paths through the Great Basin, perhaps hoping to find my cave. It's above the old Lake Bonneville shoreline. We've got another ice age coming, doe, and Brigham's temple built to last a thousand years will need a huge 500-ft dike, and pumps to beat the band, within that time frame. I plan on still being above ground, and high enough to be dry.
My canine body guards, "Wolfie" and "Bear", look askance at silly humans who imagine I'm good for more than a few bones and a pat on the head, but that's enough to make me worth dying for. While there is a sorta cult following trying to find where I hang out, I don't recommend coming in on a high trot in the dark. They're not all just stupid. Some of them have said they'd like to kill me, or at least buy my farm, sentiments I find equally deplorable. Those two concepts don't translate clearly sometimes. "Bought the Farm" sorta means you got planted. I already bought my farm, it's paid for. So I claim exemption from the imperatives presumed in rhetorical jargon, mortality, and the whole job thing.

My wife has asked authorities to find me and put me up in an asylum, I think. So she can visit Europe while she can still do it without Depends. I'd say she just oughta wear a burka and carry a little prayer mat, she could go for free right now.

At any rate, I was suspicious of NAOS. I smelled "woman" in his handle. It takes a woman to intellectually create chaos out of ordinary everyday life and impute meanings into the commonplace male rudiments of a life that inherently means nothing.

But roasting my shins on a little fire in a remote mountain cave is just too boring. Better look for me in Ventura County hangin' out in a roadside fruit stand, eating strawberries and mangos. Did you know dogs like that stuff too? Ever really see some tomatoes actually "wolfed" down in one gulp?

So NAOS hasn't found out how I snore yet, doe.

NAOS once proposed coming to see me, and he always probes new paths through the Great Basin, perhaps hoping to find my cave. It's above the old Lake Bonneville shoreline. We've got another ice age coming, doe, and Brigham's temple built to last a thousand years will need a huge 500-ft dike, and pumps to beat the band, within that time frame. I plan on still being above ground, and high enough to be dry.
My canine body guards, "Wolfie" and "Bear", look askance at silly humans who imagine I'm good for more than a few bones and a pat on the head, but that's enough to make me worth dying for. While there is a sorta cult following trying to find where I hang out, I don't recommend coming in on a high trot in the dark. They're not all just stupid. Some of them have said they'd like to kill me, or at least buy my farm, sentiments I find equally deplorable. Those two concepts don't translate clearly sometimes. "Bought the Farm" sorta means you got planted. I already bought my farm, it's paid for. So I claim exemption from the imperatives presumed in rhetorical jargon, mortality, and the whole job thing.

My wife has asked authorities to find me and put me up in an asylum, I think. So she can visit Europe while she can still do it without Depends. I'd say she just oughta wear a burka and carry a little prayer mat, she could go for free right now.

At any rate, I was suspicious of NAOS. I smelled "woman" in his handle. It takes a woman to intellectually create chaos out of ordinary everyday life and impute meanings into the commonplace male rudiments of a life that inherently means nothing.

But roasting my shins on a little fire in a remote mountain cave is just too boring. Better look for me in Ventura County hangin' out in a roadside fruit stand, eating strawberries and mangos. Did you know dogs like that stuff too? Ever really see some tomatoes actually "wolfed" down in one gulp?

So NAOS hasn't found out how I snore yet, doe.
I tried to read this but slipped into a coma partway through. I may have snored. Not sure.