What's new

Google+

People still do this social network crap? I deleted my facebook 2 years ago. It was cool for a few months but then got really lame.

Also the only reason Google plus came out is so they can charge more for advertising because they take your information and match it up for advertisers.

Sounds pretty lame.

I'm not impressed yet... it's essentially the same thing as Facebook as far as I can see now...

Hangouts will be cool when a lot of people are on Google +... although I could see some funny pathetic scenarios when you add someone as a friend, and they only add you as an acquaintance.

People still do this social network crap? I deleted my facebook 2 years ago. It was cool for a few months but then got really lame.

Also the only reason Google plus came out is so they can charge more for advertising because they take your information and match it up for advertisers.

Sounds pretty lame.

You're so cool, hip, and trendy... that if they made an 80's movie about your life, Emilio Estevez would play you.

Hangouts will be cool when a lot of people are on Google +... although I could see some funny pathetic scenarios when you add someone as a friend, and they only add you as an acquaintance.
Well you would not know. It would only tell you they added you to a circle, but not which circle (assuming they have it set that way).

No of course not. Didn't you hear that Facebook went out of business?

It will be gone just like everything else, I was sick of reading people talk about how cool their family is and how funny their ugly kids are, or how better they are then everyone. Then there are the complainers that just whine about their lives.

None of my guy friends are even on it anymore, I hear its just become a haven for women to complain and compete with eachother.

I really hope Google will use Google + to incorporate what they were doing in Google Wave... the collaboration element would really kick *** in classes and meetings and such.

I'll try to explain this a little for the people who aren't on Goole + yet.

On Facebook you have a "Friends" list. Google + is not like that. Instead, you put everyone into a "Circle." You can create more circles, and name them whatever you want. And you can put people into as many different circles as you want.

With everything you do, you can choose which circles can view it. And you can view your profile as anyone you want, and see exactly what they would see when they view it.

It's way better than Facebook.

I'll try to explain this a little for the people who aren't on Goole + yet.

On Facebook you have a "Friends" list. Google + is not like that. Instead, you put everyone into a "Circle." You can create more circles, and name them whatever you want. And you can put people into as many different circles as you want.

With everything you do, you can choose which circles can view it. And you can view your profile as anyone you want, and see exactly what they would see when they view it.

It's way better than Facebook.

You can do pretty much that exact same thing with Facebook.

I won't switch until my entire friends list does. I have way too many contacts all over the world on my FB to just ditch my account.

facebook also had that since i can remember

You can do pretty much that exact same thing with Facebook.

I won't switch until my entire friends list does. I have way too many contacts all over the world on my FB to just ditch my account.

Yeah Facebook has the option to create a friends list, I know about that. It isn't the same thing, and doesn't work the same. All I can tell you is to try it out and you will experience how different it is. And then you'll understand why so many people are switching to Google +.

It will be gone just like everything else

Not anytime soon.

Facebook has 750M users. 2.5 x's the population the US.

On July 14, 2011, Google announced that Google+ had reached 10 million users just two weeks after when it was launched in a "limited" trial phase

Not anytime soon.

Facebook has 750M users. 2.5 x's the population the US.

On July 14, 2011, Google announced that Google+ had reached 10 million users just two weeks after when it was launched in a "limited" trial phase

Very short amount of time is right. It hit over 10 million users before it was even available for public sign ups and still in beta.

I'm not impressed yet... it's essentially the same thing as Facebook as far as I can see now...

I already am in trouble with an old friend. He added me as a friend, and I did not add him at all, because frankly I see no real use for Google+. So before I got around to it he sent me a note on facebook wondering what he did to make me mad. Weird. It is becoming the Southpark Facebook episode in real life.