What's new

Grayson Allen Apology Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 848
  • Start date
The kid could be the x factor in the playoffs. How insane would that be??

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I still think any minutes he gets in the playoffs will be blowout or injury related. Having said that, there are some injuries hangong around to korver, neto, and rubio so maybe you are right.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

The kid could be the x factor in the playoffs. How insane would that be??

I can't remember if this nickname came from somewhere on Jazzfanz or if I made it up but Grayson Allen in my mind is Johnny from the Cobra Kai. "Put him in a body bag Johnny!"

In a 7 game series when a team is beating us and it looks like we wont win, snyder will send in Grayllen and tell him nothing more than "sweep the LA'gs" (clippers). And it will be done. I am not saying we win the championship but the steph 'Larusso' currys of the world will feel pain from the cobra kai kid before that series ends.

This may be revisited with a bit more passion at a future date. Strike Hard, Strike First, No Mercy!
search

he will be our rotational player years to come. very excited about him

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

People saying he’s too slow???? Like do you even watch him? He gets where he wants to on offense... has for most of the year. Difference is he’s taking his time now... he’s hitting the floaters. His spot up three is also falling but I always believed in that part of his game.

Do you guys remember how many bad shooting games DM had to start the year last year? Allen just didn’t get enough time. He’s fine... I’m glad he finally got some run and I think he’s going to be a solid rotation player next year.

The most encouraging thing is his defense last night was good... Not sure how real it is but he went from awful to solid on that end... that was the biggest thing holding him back.

People saying he’s too slow???? Like do you even watch him? He gets where he wants to on offense... has for most of the year. Difference is he’s taking his time now... he’s hitting the floaters. His spot up three is also falling but I always believed in that part of his game.

Do you guys remember how many bad shooting games DM had to start the year last year? Allen just didn’t get enough time. He’s fine... I’m glad he finally got some run and I think he’s going to be a solid rotation player next year.

The most encouraging thing is his defense last night was good... Not sure how real it is but he went from awful to solid on that end... that was the biggest thing holding him back.
He's slow af on defense. His reactions are comically delayed.

And like I've said from the beginning, his ceiling is late career Eric Gordon. He's not going to be good at anything besides shooting/scoring. He has enough athleticism/size to make the occasional highlight play, but not enough to be a consistent finisher or foul drawer.

I'm pretty confident he will be able to reach that ceiling if he just learns not to be the worst defender in the NBA, like he might currently be.

It’s cool to have good games against the Kings and Suns. But if he’s getting consistent playoff minutes, matched up against Lillard or Harden... yikes.

My dreams of having opposing teams hate Ingles and Allen may come true? If he starts getting minutes, can you imagine the hate coming our way? This should be fun.
We're in a good spot when everyone starts calling us racist Mormons who don't deserve a team. Happened in 1997-98. Means we're relevant and they jelly.

He's slow af on defense. His reactions are comically delayed.

I’ll give you that... but I wouldn’t describe him as slow overall... pretty quick to loose balls and good on catch and drive.

His defense was good last night... just one night but it’s a start. Stood up Fox on a drive... stayed in front of his guy most of the time... had a nice steal helping out. I think Yogi blew by him once but overall he was solid last night.

It’s cool to have good games against the Kings and Suns. But if he’s getting consistent playoff minutes, matched up against Lillard or Harden... yikes.

I mean those guys are going to score on everyone so let’s not worry about that just yet. I mean how’s Kyle gonna do on those guys? Neto?

And like I've said from the beginning, his ceiling is late career Eric Gordon. He's not going to be good at anything besides shooting/scoring. He has enough athleticism/size to make the occasional highlight play, but not enough to be a consistent finisher or foul drawer.

I'm pretty confident he will be able to reach that ceiling if he just learns not to be the worst defender in the NBA, like he might currently be.
More like pat connaughton

I think burying Exum and being his pallbearer unleashed a quiet revenge within the young man.