What's new

Grayson to the Stars.

Obviously he will make that play in the nba. Not a hard play to finish.
Oh obviously he's basically Michael Jordan, I mean obviously Michael Jordan wishes he were as good as Allen. Obviously.

Dear Allen Lovers,

Wasn’t one of the main reasons why we drafted him over a project because he had played 4 years and was more NBA ready? If he’s not ready to go today why the hell didn’t we draft a project with a higher ceiling instead?

Now I might be mistaken, but According to the Stars own website Grayson Allen:

* Played 31 mins
* Shot 4-13 from the field (2-6 from 3)
* 3 rbs and 3 assists
* Scored 16 pts (4th leading scorer on his own team)

Looks to be an above average player in the G-League. Is that why we drafted him too? But hey, Allen had a cute dunk. That’s nice.

Honestly, I’m interested in this Lyles kid on the stars. Can he ball in the nba?

https://gleague.nba.com/games/20190225iwaslc/

I don't get Allen's love all of a sudden. Almost everyone were mad about the pick and rightfully so. What's changed now?

the same dialogue from both of you (especially jom) in any thread or mere mention of Allen. just say you hate him and move on/leave it at that, tired of hearing the same **** over and over from you. one subpar shooting game when he's been putting up great shooting splits otherwise when sent down, but you didn't say anything until it fed your narrative.

I really didn’t want Allen, but all the dudes I did want were gone by the time our pick came. My “Jazz are on the Clock” wish was Okobo and yeesh, so I can’t really get mad at DL. I do beleive in our development staff, and even though I think Allen has a super limited ceiling, if he did get there, that’d be a very nice player. And I believe he’ll work at it. I thought Hayward was a trashcan as a rookie.

Nice.

i don't see a super high ceiling for him, but i think he has a very high floor especially as someone who can playmake and provide shooting space/gravity next to donovan; just needs time. can't ask for much more than that out of a 21st pick. a project would've been worthless and ended up like bradley.

Dear Allen Lovers,

Wasn’t one of the main reasons why we drafted him over a project because he had played 4 years and was more NBA ready? If he’s not ready to go today why the hell didn’t we draft a project with a higher ceiling instead?
Any proof here?

Any proof here?

Proof? What exactly are you looking for here? Isn’t it common knowledge that the talented players with high ceilings come out early while the lesser talented ones with lower ceilings stay? Isn’t there an expectation that if you’re drafting a 4 year college player who’s older than most, that he’s nba ready? Otherwise, why not swing for the fences and draft a project/stash someone overseas?

You’re requesting proof on common sense here. Provide me proof that the sun will rise tomorrow.

he shot lights out at the workout and basically every other workout with other teams. he also killed the other guards at the jazz workout. he's nba ready offensively, his defense has been the problem.

No, his offense hasn’t been nba worthy either as he’s averaging 4 pts, 31 percent shooting (28 percent from 3), and .6 assists to go with .6 turnovers.

he shot lights out at the workout and basically every other workout with other teams. he also killed the other guards at the jazz workout. he's nba ready offensively, his defense has been the problem.
I just think the game is too big for him right now and he's over doing it. I think with some time in the d-league and an offseason he will start to become more comfortable in his own skin. Defensively he'll never be great but that's not why we drafted him.

grayson's been nba ready since being a freshman. his best year was as a 19/20 yr old sophomore. coach K should've told him to leave then.

Proof? What exactly are you looking for here? Isn’t it common knowledge that the talented players with high ceilings come out early while the lesser talented ones with lower ceilings stay? Isn’t there an expectation that if you’re drafting a 4 year college player who’s older than most, that he’s nba ready? Otherwise, why not swing for the fences and draft a project/stash someone overseas?

You’re requesting proof on common sense here. Provide me proof that the sun will rise tomorrow.
No, it's not. I think it's just an excuse you like to use to make yourself feel better. Like using one game when he hasn't played with the team that's been together all year. It's a terrible argument. With all due respect your whole view on a rookie is terrible.

No, his offense hasn’t been nba worthy either as he’s averaging 4 pts, 31 percent shooting (28 percent from 3), and .6 assists to go with .6 turnovers.

these numbers are pointless in the context of a very limited sample size/playing time. All his numbers with good playing time are much better.

No, it's not. I think it's just an excuse you like to use to make yourself feel better. Like using one game when he hasn't played with the team that's been together all year. It's a terrible argument. With all due respect your whole view on a rookie is terrible.

Soooooo let me get this straight. You feel like one of the oldest players in last year’s draft who played 4 years under one of the top college coaches of all time still isn’t nba ready? You said the game was just “too big” for him Right now.

So You tell me your definition of what a bust is. You obviously have some obscure definition. So please, educate me. I’m curious as to how long this Allen experiment must go on until we can declare Jimmer I mean Grayson, a bust.

these numbers are pointless in the context of a very limited sample size/playing time. All his numbers with good playing time are much better.

Cool. Facts don’t matter because your opinion disagrees. What’s “good playing time” to you? Just how small of a sample size are we going to have to whittle down this season to declare Allen a success? “Well if we look at a 3 minute span in December, Allen really looked great! He made 2 buckets in a row!”

Good to know that the Allen and Exum apologists on this board are being so rational.

Soooooo let me get this straight. You feel like one of the oldest players in last year’s draft who played 4 years under one of the top college coaches of all time still isn’t nba ready? You said the game was just “too big” for him Right now.

So You tell me your definition of what a bust is. You obviously have some obscure definition. So please, educate me. I’m curious as to how long this Allen experiment must go on until we can declare Jimmer I mean Grayson, a bust.
Lol he hasn't even played a full season yet. And yes not all players are NBA ready regardless of College career. I'm not the one rushing to judgement for good or bad. You are. Calling a rookie a bust. Plainly stupid in terms of basketball talk.

As far as when to label him a bust? Talk to me next year about this time and if he's still struggling, I'll agree. Right now though is lunacy.