What's new

Greg Miller Interview with ESPN 700 - 5/27/2011

I heard his interview on 1320 and other than Locke and Boler trying hard to be the suck up king, the only interesting thing was that Sloan quit the team about 12 games before he actually quit. Also Miller said that they felt Deron was leaving. Sloan even told KOC that Williams let the team know when he only signed for three years.

I hate when Greg Miller use the term "putting a competitve product" on the floor. He is basically saying that he wants to be just good enough to keep fans but thats about it.

Though the Jazz have one of the highest payrolls so cant complain too much.

I caught the one on 1320 with Locke and Boler. Some interesting stories (YB85 covered them) but Greg is so boring.

I hate when Greg Miller use the term "putting a competitve product" on the floor. He is basically saying that he wants to be just good enough to keep fans but thats about it.

Though the Jazz have one of the highest payrolls so cant complain too much.

Try not to look so much into business-speak. Fans can tell when their team is trying to be just good enough to put people in seats and when a team is trying to contend for a championship. Like you said, the Jazz had one of the highest payrolls, teams that want to do the bare minimum don't do that.

Try not to look so much into business-speak. Fans can tell when their team is trying to be just good enough to put people in seats and when a team is trying to contend for a championship. Like you said, the Jazz had one of the highest payrolls, teams that want to do the bare minimum don't do that.

The safer, just good enough to keep butts in the seats move would've been to keep the All-star point gaurd. Greg has probably dealt with as many challenges in 18 months than his dad did in a 4 or 5 year span, and I like that he took the situation and turned it so he was in control instead of letting someone else control his fate.

The Boler & Locke groveling was bad. Two alpha grovelers and one show....I did like some of the stories about Jerry and learing about the many things Ty could possibly change that have nothing to do with basketball.

Now I will listen to the 700 interview.

I am coming around on Greg. If there's a silver-lining to the catastrophe of the last year, it's that I think he was humbled and learned and grew a lot. Now if the hair on his skull can take a time machine from 1996 to the present, he would be set.