What's new

Greg Miller to step down as CEO of Larry H. Miller Group of Companies (Including Utah Jazz)

Cope

You heard it here first - I have someone that works for the company and the news was just released.

Greg Miller is stepping down as the CEO of the Miller Companies and Gail Miller will step in until a new CEO is found.

I know many are going to ask for a 'source' and I can't post what I just received.

I wonder what this potentially could mean for the Utah Jazz......

Also he stated he is pursing personal interests as the reason for the change.

Greg needs to spend more quality time with the important things in life - like frosting his hair and trying out new gels.

Not a surprise - no idea what this means for The Jazz though. Perhaps they're looking into ultimately selling the team. Don't know.

Dang.

He was honestly ****ing phenomenal. Most under-appreciated member of the Jazz FO, bar-none. Classy, not cheap, principled, smart.

I would give up my left ******** to have an owner representing the Edmonton Oilers here in my hometown 10% as great as GMiller.

Greg needs to spend more quality time with the important things in life - like frosting his hair and trying out new gels.

Not a surprise - no idea what this means for The Jazz though. Perhaps they're looking into selling the team. Don't know.

Awful time to sell the team. If they literally wait 3 years they'll make 2x the money out of it.

Dang.

He was honestly ****ing phenomenal. Most under-appreciated member of the Jazz FO, bar-none. Classy, not cheap, principled, smart.

I would give up my left ******** to have an owner representing the Edmonton Oilers here in my hometown 10% as great as GMiller.

He's stepping down Dal - he can't offer you an internship.

Awful time to sell the team. If they literally wait 3 years they'll make 2x the money out of it.

The new CBA money is already baked into the current prices of NBA franchises. I don't think this means they sell though. As long as DL is GM we should be fine.

I guess I should prolly update my resume and apply.

I don't know the OP so I will wait for more information before I panic. But I hope this isn't true.

He's stepping down Dal - he can't offer you an internship.

Haha. Seriously though.

Nothing pisses me off more than the juxtaposition of how the Utah Jazz conduct their affairs, and how the professional sports team in my city conduct their affairs.

Oilers don't give two ****s about the community. At ALL. The Jazz are in a completely different stratosphere in terms of how much they do for the people of Utah.

The Oilers still sell out the arena despite not making the playoffs since 2006-- and the owner regularly flips the bird in the direction of the fan-base. It's really made me appreciate how awesome the Miller family is.

He was great for the Jazz, but ****ing horrible on the auto sales front.

Been to a Miller dealership lately? It's the most god awful experience buying a car. I have my car serviced their and even that experience sucks ballzz.

Miller married his high school sweetheart, Gail Saxton, on March 25, 1965. They are the parents of five children: Gregory Scott, Roger Lawrence (August 21, 68 - August 18, 2013), Karen Rebecca, Stephen Frank and Bryan Joseph. He was the grandfather of twenty-six grandchildren.

Looks like it's between Karen, Stephen, and Bryan if they want to keep it in the family. Is that Mark Miller Toyota guy not his kid?

I like to bust Greg's balls; but seriously, I bet LHM worked 20 hour days most of his career. I'm sure that type of lifestyle appeals to very few people, especially those that came from money to begin with - unlike LHM whom I'm to understand starting with basically nothing

I can't blame him for stepping down - let someone else manage your family investments and go enjoy yourself.

That does it, I'm gonna apply. I've seen every Jazz game and I have an opinion about everything. That should get me hired. My big concern is that DL had to do a big sales job to Greg and Gail on being patient, not skipping steps, and going with the youth movement. It was a hard pill to swallow for the Miller's because KOC kept gluing things together with two-bit free agents and pray they could make the playoffs. A new CEO might feel he needs to impress people by changing DL's plan and skip a few steps.

I doubt they are going to sell the team, at least not while Gail is still alive. The team probably means a lot to her and it's a ton of free advertising for their businesses.

What if this means they want to make some hard, unpopular decisions and they want another face associated with those decisions publicly.

Whoa. This is huge. I really hope the Jazz always stay in Utah. I hope this has nothing to do with that.