What's new

Greg Oden waived

I always thought there was something creepy about Greg Oden...like that movie "Curious Case of Benjamin Button", Oden was a teenage boy in 50 year old's body.

let's get Oden!

We can have a starting lineup of:

C: Gobert
PF: Oden
SF: Kanter
SG: Favors (I've heard people talk about his gaurd like skills)
PG: Beidrins (he'd be a great pass first gaurd since he'd be afraid to shoot and get fouled)

Then we can have Marvin and Evans as 6th and 7th man and draft Embiid!

AWWW YEAAAAAH! Big men for every position!!!!!! Woot!

There comes a point that allocating such similar assets actually hurts your team, even if they are or could be BPA. At some time you actually have to build a team and develop the really good bigs you already have (Kanter, Favors, Gobert); so they can build chemistry with your other solid pieces (Burke, Burks, Hayward) and compete for a championship before they are past their prime.

let's get Oden!

We can have a starting lineup of:

C: Gobert
PF: Oden
SF: Kanter
SG: Favors (I've heard people talk about his gaurd like skills)
PG: Beidrins (he'd be a great pass first gaurd since he'd be afraid to shoot and get fouled)

Then we can have Marvin and Evans as 6th and 7th man and draft Embiid!

AWWW YEAAAAAH! Big men for every position!!!!!! Woot!

There comes a point that allocating such similar assets actually hurts your team, even if they are or could be BPA. At some time you actually have to build a team and develop the really good bigs you already have (Kanter, Favors, Gobert); so they can build chemistry with your other solid pieces (Burke, Burks, Hayward) and compete for a championship before they are past their prime.

Oh come on now. We all know Favors can't shoot the three!
At least move him to point guard, so we can see a few more behind the back dribbles.

Oden was not waived from Heat.
OP was from 2012 when he was waived from Blazers.
What's going on here?

I will gladly take your money. $25.00 sound good to you? Of course, I will wait until he is physically ineligible to play (age, etc), which could be years -- but I expect you to pay me the second he hits 0:49.

Paging PKM... Where you at, my nikka?

I also think we should pick up Greg Oden. Here is a guy who can do what it takes to win. He'll grab the rebounds and put the basket in the hole. Greg Oden was the 1st round pick in 2007. He then didn't play much, but if the Jazz Give him what they have, it should be pretty good to see what happens. My Only request is that the bush isn't beaten here, we've had many bad centers before, so hoepfully he works out for the Jazz.

- Craig

One thing for certain, this is not Craig K. Manscill. My personal opinion is that is wrong to use someone else as a "screen name". Does anyone know who this **** is? Why not use LeBron James or Wilt Chamberlain? That would be acceptable since everyone knows that it is a borrowed name. Don't know Mr. Manscill myself at all but it is obvious this person is not Mr. Manscill. If you don't know who he is (Jazzfanz posters) just google the name. Disrespectful at best.