What's new

GT: Oh noes, we have to play the Spurs 8:00 MST

It was a really exciting game to watch in person, and I logged in as soon as I got home to see what others are saying about the awesome win. Unfortunately, I see more bitching and indifference than excitement.

That's Jazzfanz for ya

I know he wasn't able to do it, but I loved Hood's attempted throwdown over TWO guys. Awesome.

Burks best game in a while, did a good job of attacking the basket. I think the missed free-throws down the stretch took some of the enthusiasm off the board, but we played well. Hayward played great the last few minutes.

It was a really exciting game to watch in person, and I logged in as soon as I got home to see what others are saying about the awesome win. Unfortunately, I see more bitching and indifference than excitement.
Typical, no?

Well, this is Jazzfanz, a message board filled with malcontents and folks who can't be happy no matter what. Imagine if the franchise managed to win a championship, imagine all the folks nitpicking the players and how they raised the trophy above their head? Don't think it'll happen? You haven't been on JF long enough. There are some really miserable people on this board.

I don't know if you can keep Rudy off the floor as much as coach does. Even with offensive problems he is still a Net positive on the court. He has a huge impact and imo as to get some of Trevor's minutes.

Enes had a really solid night on D.

Alec's on ball defense was legit! Like really really good but his off the ball defense is very much a problem. It's Harden-like. He is ball watching and loosing "his" man. Having said that we take it step by step! He'll get there.

Major probs to Trey in the 4th. He helped Enes and Derrick on two possessions. On the one possession he stripped the ball from Kanters man and Enes secured the ball and on the other play he helped Derrick on Duncan who had to pass out of the post and our team rotated really well.

Well done boys!

I don't know if you can keep Rudy off the floor as much as coach does. Even with offensive problems he is still a Net positive on the court. He has a huge impact and imo as to get some of Trevor's minutes.

Enes had a really solid night on D.

Alec's on ball defense was legit! Like really really good but his off the ball defense is very much a problem. It's Harden-like. He is ball watching and loosing "his" man. Having said that we take it step by step! He'll get there.

Major probs to Trey in the 4th. He helped Enes and Derrick on two possessions. On the one possession he stripped the ball from Kanters man and Enes secured the ball and on the other play he helped Derrick on Duncan who had to pass out of the post and our team rotated really well.

Well done boys!

Team high defensive rating of 82.2. Hopefully he can keep it up. It is so much easier when the help defense is on time.

Enes has been having some nice defensive moments lately, his help defense has been much better, his mental lapses have been more and more rare. He's never going to be great defender, but are we seeing some tangible improvements? Or am I being overly optimistic?

Enes has been having some nice defensive moments lately, his help defense has been much better, his mental lapses have been more and more rare. He's never going to be great defender, but are we seeing some tangible improvements? Or am I being overly optimistic?

I see it as well but I'm not sure.

Even Cy one of Enes' biggest critics is seeing improvement.

Mr. Locke wrote about it in todays EMPTYING THE NOGGIN.
While talk radio and twitter are killing Enes Kanter for his defense the narrative inside the team is very different. The narrative inside the team is that Kanter is making big steps. That Kanter is making a continual effort to learn how to play the game right and that he is improving a great deal. His playing time is reflecting that.

But statisticly(besides today) it hasn't shown yet.

No, I noticed it too. I think he's playing with much more focus and determination on the defensive end. Must be coach's doing.

Damn that was a nice win. Helped by the Jazz actually playing worth a damn and shooting better from the line, though they tried to **** that up in the last minute.

Wish Favors would be that motivated/aggressive most of the time.

So I'm watching the replay....

I guess Pops got thrown out. The bench players all look much better.

Not bad, but 6-9 from the line stings more when he bricks 2 FTs to close out a game.

He said he's taking additional 25 FTs in practice per missed FT after every game. Good to know he cares about those missed FTs...

Nice game all the way around. Yes, SA shot poorly, but the Jazz' good defense had a lot to do with that. Yes, I'm surprised I'm using good defense and Jazz in the same sentence. Gobert is absolutely killing it; that man is a FORCE! As noted, Kanter looked much better. And Utah was challenging their 3's.

Really good for everyone, team and fans, to get the win. Favors with another quiet 20+ night. Hayward hit some nice shots in clutch time. Still those 2 free throws missed at 50 seconds left in the 4th were inexcusable. Exactly what I mentioned in the last game thread. Burks was attacking, passing, and playing decent d for once. Trey played better, I loved his attacking the lane and passing out of it. Gobert had some really nice blocks, and dunks. He seemed to energize the team at points. Thats what he is there for. That call on Favors at the end was a JOKE. WOW. Favors destroyed Leonard.

Not bad, but 6-9 from the line stings more when he bricks 2 FTs to close out a game.

exactly. Hays not a bad FT shooter. He just has missed too many important FTs this season. 3 missed FTs in the final minute of a close game is not ok.

So I'm watching the replay....

I guess Pops got thrown out. The bench players all look much better.

And resulted in a very interesting coaching matchup after Pops got tossed: Snyder vs. Messina. Quin is coaching like a mad man. I like that he's not afraid to switch offense and defense at the end of games.

The thing that sucks is that his 1st miss was understandable, I think it rimmed out. That happens to even the best of players, you barely miss a FT. His 2nd one after that was probably the ugliest FT I've seen Hayward take. It looked ugly in his release and it came out super flat and off-center. That tells me it becomes mental after his 1st miss, which sucks.