What's new

Hawks want Quin

Has there ever been a situation where a coach resigns/quits on his own and still gets paid? That's generally not how contracts work. The only situation I have seen it is where someone with a specified contract term is fired.

That's generally how things work in sports, isn't it? I know in European football, a manager getting fired is usually put on "gardening leave" meaning he still gets paid, but he sits at home for the duration of the contract. The advantage for him is that he gets the full amount and sits on this tuchus doing nothing without having to worry about finding work.

The advantage for the team is that they don't have to be involved in complex buyout negotiations at a time when the team is in turmoil and they have to look for a new manager, as well as ensuring that the sacked manager can't just turn around and get a job with a rival team and possibly hurt your season that way.

Of course, this occasionally leads to crazy scenarios like Italian owners sacking a manager 3 months into his contract, then running through a couple more during the next year, and then making the original guy come back because he's still under contract and you don't have to pay a new guy then.

I mean he has like 5 minutes left on his contract. If we wanted seconds we should have dug our heels in on the Bogey deal with Detroit.

Ryan gets a little savings and Quin gets to enjoy Trae and the Ressler family... I heard the nightlife is real nice if you like hot wings. I don't really see us looking for our pound of flesh here.

I mean he has like 5 minutes left on his contract. If we wanted seconds we should have dug our heels in on the Bogey deal with Detroit.

Ryan gets a little savings and Quin gets to enjoy Trae and the Ressler family... I heard the nightlife is real nice if you like hot wings. I don't really see us looking for our pound of flesh here.
I mean, at the end of the day Ryan has final call, but I dont see Ainge just giving Snyder away for free (as in no NBA compensation)

I mean, at the end of the day Ryan has final call, but I dont see Ainge just giving Snyder away for free (as in no NBA compensation)
DA seems like he wants a first or don't bother him... Quin ain't worth a first. I think they have a 2027 second left and that's it... is it worth it for DA to push his tee time back for that.

I bet they get some cash... then they can tell us you can buy second round picks with cash.

DA seems like he wants a first or don't bother him... Quin ain't worth a first. I think they have a 2027 second left and that's it... is it worth it for DA to push his tee time back for that.

I bet they get some cash... then they can tell us you can buy second round picks with cash.
You dont have to push back anything. Just say cough up for the 2nd or wait til the off-season. JZ will probably handle all negotiations on it.

You dont have to push back anything. Just say cough up for the 2nd or wait til the off-season. JZ will probably handle all negotiations on it.
Or they get pissy and move to choice number 2 and Quin and the Hawks both kinda hate us going forward. Not that we need to have amazing relationships everywhere... but kinda silly to draw a hard line.

I absolutely would want compensation if Snyder is still under contract. Multiple teams have been keeping an eye on Snyder this season with an eye towards this summer. If Atlanta wants to lock him in early to avoid a bidding war, then they need to offer something for an early release.