What's new

Hayward=AK47

Beantown

I can see Hayward's Jazz career following AK's almost identically. Think about it:

-Both players were highly loved as they played second fiddle to veteran players

-Both players have well rounded games

-Fans starting believing they could be the #1 option on the team

-AK had a max contract and potentially so could Hayward...or close to it

-Both love to play video games.....probably too much

-Both players toughness and leadership are questioned

-AK ended up being despised by the fans and run out of town

-Hayward is on his way to the same demise

Is there any hope for Hayward? Can us Jazz fans just accept and appreciate him for the player he is?

I see the similarities in situation but Hayward is not at AK level yet and doubt he will ever be.
And AK was not despised, as far as I can remember Jazz fans booed Deron, Boozer, Bell, Anderson and some other former Jazzman but not AK.

I see the similarities in situation but Hayward is not at AK level yet and doubt he will ever be.
And AK was not despised, as far as I can remember Jazz fans booed Deron, Boozer, Bell, Anderson and some other former Jazzman but not AK.

Have to agree on this one. They hated his contract, not AK.

AK's a whatif.
What if AK was still the main man?
What if AK was the second fiddle to DWill and not Boozer? (or Boozer did not sign up with the Jazz?)
What if AK did not got injured so much?

I would have to agree that Hayward is no where close to the type of player AK was. But, Hayward can shoot way better at this point in his career. Neither are worth the money they wanted.

Comparing "pre-max contract" AK47 and current Hayward:
Although AK couldn't make an outside shot to save his life, I feel he made a far greater impact when he was in the game. Plus he actually WAS an All-Star.
AK47 >>>> Hayward

I don't hate AK I hated the stupid *** contract that the jazz gave him. I don't know how you could watch his game and hate him. That contract though I hated is guts

Sent from my HTC One using JazzFanz mobile app

Hayward is way more skilled than AK ever was. AK was just one of those guys with freakish athleticism who could use that to impact a game. That athleticism diminishes fairly early and then you are left with what he is now, not bad but not an impact player. Gordon will be much better for much longer.

Also, I don't think that anyone is talking max with Gordon. Strawman argument.

Hayward is a better shooter.

They're both amazing at blocking shots from behind on fast breaks.

AK, when healthy, was better at everything else.

Hayward is a better shooter.

They're both amazing at blocking shots from behind on fast breaks.

AK, when healthy, was better at everything else.

Disagree. Hay is better handling the ball, better play maker. And being a better shooter is a rather significant thing.

I am so not ready to throw Hayward under bus. It's just a contract dispute -- let it work itself out next summer.

AK could have been a Hall of Famer, had he concentrated on Rebs, blocks, assists and steals. He could have been one of the greatest all around players ever. He decided scoring 20 was more important than 5x5's.

I don't know if Hayward is good enough to be an All Star.

Huge difference.