What's new

Hayward finger injury

And you'all be playing in some discomfort and maybe even pain all year that affects your stroke and therefore percentages and efficiency.

Personally, I'd rather he be out 5-7 weeks and heal right and come back at 100% rather than play in discomfort all year and shoot at a 42/33/76 clip or something.

This is why we got depth. For such citcumstances. I'm not too worried about it.

Well it's his off-hand so it would affect his passing, catching, and dribbling.

There's not even a game for he next 2.5 weeks anyway. And our early slate is very tough and I expected us to lose most of the first eight games or so so this isn't so bad

Couldn't they brace it pretty well and play through? I'm not a doctor so who knows have played with cast like brace on thumb before but obviously the NBA is completely different. Just seems like a small thing to miss that much time. Based on our medical staff this is going to take 6 months to a year to heal properly.

The good news is the Hayward haters can get 10-15 games to see what our squad looks like without Hayward.

Couldn't they brace it pretty well and play through? I'm not a doctor so who knows have played with cast like brace on thumb before but obviously the NBA is completely different. Just seems like a small thing to miss that much time. Based on our medical staff this is going to take 6 months to a year to heal properly.

Yes, you could tape it to another finger. It will still hurt and it would be all season and playoffs. So you are either going to play with a lesser Hayward all year, or hold him out 10-15 games and have him at 100%.

Yes, you could tape it to another finger. It will still hurt and it would be all season and playoffs. So you are either going to play with a lesser Hayward all year, or hold him out 10-15 games and have him at 100%.

Feels like you could tape and put a hard protective cover on it as well to prevent further injury. He may need surgery or something and can't take any contact on it. I think Kobe played with this for a full year. I'm just thinking about my sprained thumb... I played through it and it would get hit and hurt but not reinjured.

Again not a doctor and I'm sure they investigate every way... just can't believe we don't have a better solution available.

Preview of what the team is going to look like in 2017 after he opts out and leaves.

Hayward is the type of player that is never in a million years going to turn down a 5 year max.

Basically the list of guys you can get in free agency if their team wants to keep them is a handful. Almost no one is turning down a 5 year max and no agent is ever going to advise it.

Feels like you could tape and put a hard protective cover on it as well to prevent further injury. He may need surgery or something and can't take any contact on it. I think Kobe played with this for a full year. I'm just thinking about my sprained thumb... I played through it and it would get hit and hurt but not reinjured.

Again not a doctor and I'm sure they investigate every way... just can't believe we don't have a better solution available.

Hard protective cover while playing basketball? Seems like it would make it extremely hard to dribble.

If he misses 10-12 games we are fine... more than that and we are in trouble. He needs to come back and be in a rthymn when the schedule gets easier.

Burks get back like now. This is your chance to reestablish yourself.

Jazz twitter saying it;s not dislocated, but a fracture of the 4th finger on his left hand. I assume 4th finger is ring finger or pointer finger.

Hard protective cover while playing basketball? Seems like it would make it extremely hard to dribble.

I had basically a cast on my left thumb and was fine. Catching the ball was harder than dribbling. My guess is there is a surgery here and there can't be any contact. I think LMA and Kobe both opted out of the surgery.

Over the course of the next six weeks, we have 13 regular season games.

That's not terrible. If we can be 7-6, I'd be very happy given how tough the first half dozen games are. 6-7 is solid enough too.

Over the course of the next six weeks, we have 13 regular season games.

That's not terrible. If we can be 7-6, I'd be very happy given how tough the first half dozen games are. 6-7 is solid enough too.

Based on schedule I think we are could easily go 5-8 or 4-9 but that isn't a killer tbh. If he can't hit his stride and we don't do well the next 10-15 games then we will be in trouble.

Joe Johnson can go back to starting which he likely is better at... hill and hood will need to create much more though. I think we can weather the storm just sucks to start this way after what we've been through.

I'm not worried. He misses maybe 10 games and the Jazz finally have depth.

They are saying "at least 6 weeks" which if he misses 6 weeks (which given the Jazz's history of being accurate on these things is unlikely) he would miss exactly 13 games.