What's new

Hayward hasn't talked to Snyder, vague on future

Litany

Isn't this odd?

@BrianBonks: A few notes from Gordon's LoL streaming last night: he hasn't yet spoken to Snyder and he spoke very vaguely about where he will be next yr

Isn't this odd?

@BrianBonks: A few notes from Gordon's LoL streaming last night: he hasn't yet spoken to Snyder and he spoke very vaguely about where he will be next yr

I guess it depends on what QS has done to this point. A bit odd, maybe, but I'd be careful to make much of it at this point.

Hayward just had a tweet that said something to the effect of he 'admires or like how the Spurs have done it with Parker, Ginobili, and Duncan sticking together staying on the same team', I think that's pretty big if you read between the lines. I will find the tweet and post later...

https://twitter.com/gordonhayward/status/479015670286262272

u3ypanar.jpg

Last edited:
It's the offseason. Snyder and Co. are busy getting ready for the draft in a week and Gordon Hayward is a RFA who is not under contract and not sure where he's going to play next season. The Jazz probably aren't going to set the market for his contract, so he'll be actively pursuing a new team for next season. Then the onus is on the Jazz to match the contract, let him walk for free or work out a S&T for something of quality coming back.

I wouldn't read too much into it. Until he sees how committed Utah is to keeping him, I can understand his wanting to keep his distance. We'll know in a couple of weeks what the true position of both sides is going to be. My guess is that he'll get a good, but not great, contract offer from Phoenix, Boston or the Lakers and that the Jazz will then match that contract. The only other scenario I can see coming out of this is if the Jazz internally decide to see what the S&T would bring back and then only do a deal if it's tilted in their favor. I think that they're pretty happy with just matching the contract to be honest.

According to his blog he has not streamed lol in a while. Unless he has another account he streams from besides twitch or another twitch account he does not link on his new blog.

According to his blog he has not streamed lol in a while. Unless he has another account he streams from besides twitch or another twitch account he does not link on his new blog.

He streamed last night, but they were saying something was messed up

I think something is going down with Hayward. Of course, the Jazz can't do anything until after the draft. But as one poster said, when the Jazz didn't sign Hayward to the extension, that was a sign of things to come. I think there were signs that he didn't want to come back around midseason judging by his attitude on the court, and I think he's angling to get back with his college coach in Boston and that the Celtics are working on it. Maybe it will be a sign and trade like someone else on here suggested for Boston's pick. Just because they can't trade him before the draft doesn't mean they can't talk privately about signing and trading him after the draft with another team, does it? And what's to stop Hayward from having private conversations with his old coach?

It's Boston. Everyone knows it. The question is will the Jazz match. Gordon wants to play with his old coach, Rondo, and Love. You blame him?

Not a CBA expert, but are the Jazz allowed to contact Hayward before July 1st?

This... I'm not sure what's allowed. I think we can contact him because he's our free agent but not sure.

After a season where he clearly failed to show he can lead a team and fell flat on his face when given the reigns as the "face of the franchise" he starts acting like a prima donna with a new website promoting himself, refusing to make an effort to meet his new coach, etc? I know a lot of fans think Hayward has huge amounts of untapped potential and will be the next Larry Bird, Pete Maravich, Scottie Pippen, or God...but trust me, it'll be OK if the Jazz let him walk. When you're a Kobe Bryant or Allen Iverson, you have earned the right to be a prima donna...when you're Gordon Hayward, GTFO. He can take his overrated game and pansy soft mentality somewhere else for the kind of money he's expecting.

It's Boston. Everyone knows it. The question is will the Jazz match. Gordon wants to play with his old coach, Rondo, and Love. You blame him?

Don't blame him, but how are they getting Love without giving up 6 and 17? And what does that leave for a Hayward S&T?

After a season where he clearly failed to show he can lead a team and fell flat on his face when given the reigns as the "face of the franchise" he starts acting like a prima donna with a new website promoting himself, refusing to make an effort to meet his new coach, etc? I know a lot of fans think Hayward has huge amounts of untapped potential and will be the next Larry Bird, Pete Maravich, Scottie Pippen, or God...but trust me, it'll be OK if the Jazz let him walk. When you're a Kobe Bryant or Allen Iverson, you have earned the right to be a prima donna...when you're Gordon Hayward, GTFO. He can take his overrated game and pansy soft mentality somewhere else for the kind of money he's expecting.

Nice overreaction to nothing.

Reactions: 8

I don't know what to think, but I'm leaning this direction.... GH references his admiration for the Spurs yet he held out a year for more money, didn't produce, and will undoubtedly take the biggest offer he can get from wherever he can get it.

I don't know what to think, but I'm leaning this direction.... GH references his admiration for the Spurs yet he held out a year for more money, didn't produce, and will undoubtedly take the biggest offer he can get from wherever he can get it.

Yeah, cuz the Spurs players all took pay cuts on their first negotiable contracts so they could be on non-playoff teams....

I agree

Nice overreaction to nothing.

I don't agree.

It does feel a little like he doesn't want to be here. You don't hear him talking about how much he wants to be here. Of course that might hurt his bargaining position a little, but I don't know where he getting his info that he is worth so much. He is seriously over valuing himself or he doesn't want to be here. The Jazz offered a more than fair deal. I don't want him either if he costs too much.

Last edited: