What's new

Hayward is fool's gold

We could have gotten some nice pick(s)/players in return for Hayward last season from Boston. Hindsight is 20/20. It all falls on DL. He made a calculated risk and it appears Hayward is leaving for nothing. I'm simply going to sit back and watch it unfold.

Of course, with all this cap we're going to have a lot of options. Though I don't want us to overpay for anyone.

Hayward is def in the same tier as Klay.
Every GM takes Klay over Hayward. Hayward is better at creating his own shot, but Klay is a better shooter and his defense is outstanding.

Are they in the same tier, I guess just because Klay is a piece of a better puzzle and Hayward is our best wing, but Klay is just better.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Hayward played like a superstar in the playoffs. I made that statement and it's true.

You did not say he was a superstar. You said he played like a superstar.

Like saying Paul Milsap played like GOAT in his 46 point outing against Miami. Sample size matters.

Every GM takes Klay over Hayward. Hayward is better at creating his own shot, but Klay is a better shooter and his defense is outstanding.

Are they in the same tier, I guess just because Klay is a piece of a better puzzle and Hayward is our best wing, but Klay is just better.

Hell no.

Klay is an elite role player. Amazing shooter, great defender... but can't create his own shots, can't playmake, can't drive. Hayward can do all of that at an elite level.

It's amazing that we are still having this discussion over whether Hayward is a max player or not. Smdh.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hell no.

Klay is an elite role player. Amazing shooter, great defender... but can't create his own shots, can't playmake, can't drive. Hayward can do all of that at an elite level.

It's amazing that we are still having this discussion over whether Hayward is a max player or not. Smdh.

He's a max player but he's not a superstar. Big difference.

Hayward and Klay is a good debate. I could see both sides.

He's a max player but he's not a superstar. Big difference.

Hayward and Klay is a good debate. I could see both sides.

How many superstars are there in the league? 6, maybe 7?

Kawhi
Durant
LeBron
Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Davis

So if you don't have anyone on that level, just let them walk, yeah?

Hayward is on the same tier as Butler and George. Klay is a tier-below them. He's not a big playoff scorer like the other three. He can get hot, but he's a catch and shoot guy.

Hayward has closed gap on shooting, Klay still better. But Klay has defenses focused on KD, Steph, whereas GH has to create own shot more frequently. Still their efficiencies are similar. Defense is a push. Hayward much better on the boards and creating shots for others.

Despite W's notoriety, sportswriters picked GH over KT in All NBA voting.

I won't debate your 30 GMs comments since I don't talk to them, but I would say it is a dubious and unsupported statement.

The joke is that it is close based on recency bias.

Hayward ranked 29th RPM and Gallo 31st this past season. That matches the eye test.

And no one is talking about Gallo being a superstar.

And Gallinari has managed to play over 70 games twice in his 9 year career.

Hayward has played at least 70 games 6/7 years of his career.

How many superstars are there in the league? 6, maybe 7?

Kawhi
Durant
LeBron
Curry
Westbrook
Harden
Davis

So if you don't have anyone on that level, just let them walk, yeah?

Hayward is on the same tier as Butler and George. Klay is a tier-below them. He's not a big playoff scorer like the other three. He can get hot, but he's a catch and shoot guy.

I don't want him to walk. But we will survive if he does.

Hayward has closed gap on shooting, Klay still better. But Klay has defenses focused on KD, Steph, whereas GH has to create own shot more frequently. Still their efficiencies are similar. Defense is a push. Hayward much better on the boards and creating shots for others.

I won't debate your 30 GMs comments since I don't talk to them, but I would say it is a dubious and unsupported statement.
Defense is a push? Ok... Should have just pointed that out, but you said more irrational babble.

Klay's shooting makes life easier on Curry more than Curry makes life easy on Klay. Teams simply cannot leave Klay regardless of his teammates. His shooting is predicted to be one of the tops all time.

If they switched roles, Klay would put up Hayward numbers in ppg and rebounds with better D and probably less assists. Hayward is better at distributing. The floor would open up more because you can sit off of Hayward more than Klay.

You definitely did. You argued with for months about how badly Hayward was overpaid.
That was a few seasons ago. This year, he earned it.

If I said anything about pay, its that Durant and LBJ gets the same as Conley and Hayward. When you consider what they mean to the league, Hayward is over paid. When you consider market value, its fair.

Don't misquote me Cy, you're better than that.

Hayward also is a better ball handler and better at getting to the line.

Also, and this is probably a homer statement, I think Hayward has the better work ethic and has gotten better every year. I feel line klay hasn't improved in the last few years. He is what he is. An elite shooter and great defender.
Hayward is so much more.

Hayward is young, American, handsome, and white. In the only market whiter than Boston, it's hardly difficult to see why Utah wants him so badly, and why Boston is just behind us in the covet war. OP is obviously correct, he's not a superstar, but the lack of melanin bridges the gap between he and Curry for Utah and Boston fans, and that's the simple truth. And that's just fine -- it's okay to want your heroes to look like you. But from a purely basketball perspective, him leaving is hardly Chernobyl.