What's new

Hayward & Jazz - not close to agreement (Hayward leaving 4/40 on the table)

Wow, pretty nervous right now.
In my mind, if this deal happens, the core sticks.
Otherwise this could wind up being a disaster IMO if nothing gets done.

Locke tweeted 10-15 minutes ago....

Convergence of team desires, players wishes, agents perspective and agent reputation is hard to make match

David Locke ‏@Lockedonsports 26m
Both sides still talking into final hour shows commitment from both sides but so many variables may make it too tough to get deal done

These comments make me believe he is setting us up for no deal.
It appear he has been in the know on this.
He said 2 weeks ago **If** a deal got done, it would be last minute

@WojYahooNBA: Extension talks between Utah and Gordon Hayward are over, league sources tell Yahoo. Hayward will be a restricted free agent on July 1.

Lmao

Not that I'm glad. I would prefer to have resigned him reasonably. But now that it's like this, start Burks

I'm sorry, but I am going to laugh if Hayward turns in a sub 40% campaign and no one bites on his fake production and he signs for 4/$30.

Fine, start burks or rush (when he gets better) - bench Hayward ...then lets see what RFA brings
save more $$$ to make a serious payday at Kanter next season.

Wow, pretty nervous right now.
In my mind, if this deal happens, the core sticks.
Otherwise this could wind up being a disaster IMO if nothing gets done.
Overpaying a wing player could be a huge disaster. Letting him test Free Agency and finding out what he is actually worth is NOT a disaster IMO. So over paying him now is the only potential disaster I see possible at this time.

There's nothing wrong with going after the money you deserve. But you have to deserve it.

Fine, start burks or rush (when he gets better) - bench Hayward ...then lets see what RFA brings
save more $$$ to make a serious payday at Kanter next season.

That will not hurt Hayward. Actually may help.

As a #1/#2 option his shooting was going to be way down. That would hurt him

This is going to be a HUGE distraction.

Expect a trade.

Expect the curse of Gtime to knock the Jazz out of the playoffs multiple times with buzzer 3's :cool:

I'm impressed by the Jazz for sticking to what they felt was a fair deal. The leaks by Hayward's agent didn't work and I'm glad.

Sucks Hayward got an overinflated sense of self.

I like Hayward, but I am first and foremost a Jazz fan and I'm happy they did what they believe is best for the team.

There's nothing wrong with going after the money you deserve. But you have to deserve it.

No...Market sets rates. There are overpriced stocks all the time.

Hayward knows he will get more (even if statistically some may question). Good for him and his confidence. We have grown him in 3 years, he is on a nice projectile and now he WILL be gone.

Someone WIL OVERPAY(agreed) and obviously Jazz won't match. If they would match he would be paid tonite.

So much for telling Favors the core will stay.

Expect a few more crappy games from Gtime. This had to be a monster stress.