What's new

Hayward & Jazz - not close to agreement (Hayward leaving 4/40 on the table)

Wow so nothing got done. This almost makes you believe Hayward might have something under the table guaranteed from Ainge or the Phoenix GM. And yes that stuff does happen. I think Hay is probably on the trade block now.

No...Market sets rates. There are overpriced stocks all the time.

Hayward knows he will get more (even if statistically some may question). Good for him and his confidence. We have grown him in 3 years, he is on a nice projectile and now he WILL be gone.

Someone WIL OVERPAY(agreed) and obviously Jazz won't match. If they would match he would be paid tonite.

So much for telling Favors the core will stay.

Expect a few more crappy games from Gtime. This had to be a monster stress.

This doesn't mean they won't match lol. They just want to see him prove it if he thinks he's worth a crazy amount.

If Hayward is really a max player, let him prove it. The Jazz made a solid offer. There's no snub here. It's just Gordon thinking he's all that. Realistically he's worth Tyreke Evans money at most right now. If Gordon draws a lot of interest in free agency, the Jazz can match and keep him or use him as a trade chip. Meanwhile, the Jazz have enough financial flexibility that other teams may be deterred to go after him.

That said, a few teams might try to screw with the Jazz to slow our rebuild momentum. But if Hayward is screwing with us himself, what's the difference?

This doesn't mean they won't match lol. They just want to see him prove it if he thinks he's worth a crazy amount.

They will not match. Too cheap. As locke said (who was way to involved in this), if they decide they would match any offer, he would have been signed tonite.

Trade makes sense now.

They will not match. Too cheap. As locke said (who was way to involved in this), if they decide they would match any offer, he would have been signed tonite.

Trade makes sense now.

Lol. Yeah they won't match. Just like the Pacers didn't match Hibbert and the Hornets didn't match Gordon and on and on.

Why are you so butthurt he didn't sign?

Paul George is light years the player Haywerd is, how can his little agency camp even stick to that?

Tell his agency that if they didn't tune in, which I guess they didn't, to watch a replay of last nights game. Or send them a stat sheet.

Gordon Hayward is a richer version of Mike Dunlesvy Jr., people said that I was a fool for that comparision before, but I think it's quite fair. Hayward is a little more athletic, but those white pride dunks ain't betting you 40 million.

Lindsey is a smart cookie, he knows he's got potential in Favors. He's even got leverage now to secure Kanter. This GM, fellas, is Piece by piece building a little San Antonio in SLC. It looks like Burks may be our black , Amurrican Ginobili though. Haywerd could be traded from the looks of it. The thing about Gordon is he is very inconsistent with his scoring. Some games he looks legit, and for 5-10 games he looks as good offensively as Darius Miles.

Overpaying a wing player could be a huge disaster. Letting him test Free Agency and finding out what he is actually worth is NOT a disaster IMO. So over paying him now is the only potential disaster I see possible at this time.

Of course I'm not saying to overpay him. That would be stupid.
I do think not having a deal is still a disaster. This thing's going to linger over everyone's heads. I mean the supposed leader of your group isn't really a long-term part of it. It'll be similar to the effect Milsap had on the team last year.

Lol. Yeah they won't match. Just like the Pacers didn't match Hibbert and the Hornets didn't match Gordon and on and on.

Little different situation. Hibbert is 7'2" and essential if they ever hope to beat Miami. While Hibbert is overpaid most nights, he is irreplaceable against the gatekeepers of the east.

No...Market sets rates. There are overpriced stocks all the time.

Hayward knows he will get more (even if statistically some may question). Good for him and his confidence. We have grown him in 3 years, he is on a nice projectile and now he WILL be gone.

Someone WIL OVERPAY(agreed) and obviously Jazz won't match. If they would match he would be paid tonite.

So much for telling Favors the core will stay.

Expect a few more crappy games from Gtime. This had to be a monster stress.

*Trajectory

Paul George is light years the player Haywerd is, how can his little agency camp even stick to that?

Tell his agency that if they didn't tune in, which I guess they didn't, to watch a replay of last nights game. Or send them a stat sheet.

Gordon Hayward is a richer version of Mike Dunlesvy Jr., people said that I was a fool for that comparision before, but I think it's quite fair. Hayward is a little more athletic, but those white pride dunks ain't betting you 40 million.

Lindsey is a smart cookie, he knows he's got potential in Favors. He's even got leverage now to secure Kanter. This GM, fellas, is Piece by piece building a little San Antonio in SLC. It looks like Burks may be our black , Amurrican Ginobili though. Haywerd could be traded from the looks of it. The thing about Gordon is he is very inconsistent with his scoring. Some games he looks legit, and for 5-10 games he looks as good offensively as Darius Miles.
+1 Lindsay knows Bigs get seriously paid, even more elbow room to lock down Kanter.

Little different situation. Hibbert is 7'2" and essential if they ever hope to beat Miami. While Hibbert is overpaid most nights, he is irreplaceable against the gatekeepers of the east.

My point is that it's not a given he's gone. If he proves worthy of whatever he's offered we'll match.

People need to chill the hell out.

Im just happy that the jazz didn't fold and give him 13+ per

Dumb Business Decision. Arguably face of Franchise. Fantastic Chemistry with Favors (TeamUSA, 3 years).
Now the whole year will be fielding trade rumors.
I do not think Hayward is a #1 option. I do think within the next 1-2 years he will be a solid #2 option.

Per Locke, Jazz offered him #4 money.

Minutes come into question. Why give Hayward large minutes if he will be gone ?

or

Do you make him look good for Trade Value ?

Supposedly both sides were several million apart still.

This is going to be interesting next summer with Kanter, Burks, and Hayward looking for extensions.

Of course I'm not saying to overpay him. That would be stupid.
I do think not having a deal is still a disaster. This thing's going to linger over everyone's heads. I mean the supposed leader of your group isn't really a long-term part of it. It'll be similar to the effect Milsap had on the team last year.

But there's always the silver lining of the fact that it helps the tank.